TSU basketball teams expect improvement next year

tsutiger

Cy Alexander expects to look back at 2003-04 as a foundation-building season for Tennessee State men's basketball.

Sharon Allen may not look back at 2003-04 at all.

While the Tigers saw marked improvement in their just-ended campaign under their first-year coach, the Lady Tigers actually regressed in their transition season.

''I was pleased that we made some progress overall,'' Alexander said after TSU went from 2-25 overall and 0-16 in Ohio Valley Conference play to 7-21, 6-10 with a berth in the league's eight-team postseason tournament and the closest loss in the tourney's opening round despite being the No. 8 seed.

''I'm pleased that we made the tournament,'' he said. ''That was a goal, because it meant we finished higher than predicted (11th). We broke the ice on winning in the conference, and we broke the ice on winning on the road in the conference. We took some baby steps.''

http://www.tennessean.com/sports/tsu/archives/04/03/48172654.shtml?Element_ID=48172654

Mark my words... TSU is going to HURT some people next year. Bruce Price is going to be the OVC MVP the next 3 years. He was second in the league in scoring as a freshman and he was OVC Freshman of the year damn near every week. Rod FLowers the transfer from UC was Mr. Basketball in Alabama his senior year.

Back