TSPN'ers, I really need your support!

Just curious, How has the other sites like Onnidan and Meacfans been able to keep their sites up financially? Oh yeah TSPN can also count on me to chip in a few dollars from month to month too.

Originally posted by BulldogM.Ed.23
Just curious, How has the other sites like Onnidan and Meacfans been able to keep their sites up financially? Oh yeah TSPN can also count on me to chip in a few dollars from month to month too.

I was wondering the same thing. However, I am willing to chip in also.

We borrow from Peter to pay Paul!

Obviously we can't speak for MEACFans.com but since you asked....

Onnidan.com is financed from proceeds we receive for other work. We currently manage websites for the CIAA and SIAC and the monthly fees we receive from them help cover the cost of running Onnidan.com.

We also have several content deals where we are paid to do stories related to black college sports.

We also have an athletic statistical division which provides crews for several schools and special events (classic games, tournaments, etc.). Last year, we provided stat crews for the CIAA Tournament, MEAC Tournament, NCAA Division III Championship, Big Ten Women's Tournament, Pioneer Bowl and North Carolina High School Athletic Association's football and basketball state championships.
We have provided statisticians for television games if the producers want their own people rather than using local folk.

Together, these multiple sources of revenue have provided sufficient income to cover the costs of maintaining Onnidan.com.

A year or so ago, we tried to form a "booster club" for people to donate to our site but we got very few responses.

Our ability to keep operating is not a function of donations and advertising revenue but rather other revenue streams that we have been able to develop.

Each site has its own method of operating and Kenn's previous explanations are very much on point regarding what it takes generally to run a web site.

The one thing we do differently is use family members to handle much of the web maintenance work. That way we keep our personnel costs low ;-)

=OW=

in other words..your set regardless if your site goes down or not...you got a nice backup plan...

even if folks don't have backup plans as nice as onnidan, you can still come out on top but it takes a team of folks and some creativity. I'm not sure if this page is a team of folks or just one person.

why isn't there a post on the band board? even though most of them are in college they could donate somehow.

Fo' Sho'

I got ya.
thumb.gif
I've already made my first contribution and will continue to contribute monthly.

Back