TSPN REUNION in the CARRIBBEAN

sharpy

Shreveporter in B'ham
Since the carribbean is one of my favorite places, what do you folks think about having a TSPN reunion or just a group of us get together and go party for a week. I fine that all-inclusives are the best value. Let me hear your thoughts.

sharpy,

Sounds like a good idea, but I'd suggest that it just be a group of friends hooking up for a cruise. We can't even plan a reunion, here in the states, surely no one will be able to plan a reunion on a boat. :rolleyes:

btw, why don't you just head this up? :idea:

I'm talking about next year. I wasn't talking about a cruise, I'm talking about an all-inclusive (I like SANDALS). My wife & I are going to Jamaica in two weeks. The big difference between a cruise and the all-inclusive is that drinks are included in the price of an all-inclusive. L we could get great discounts if we had 10 or more couples going. I will gladly head up the project. Here are some pictures to checkout:

http://www.pbase.com/sharpy/week_in_st_lucia

http://www.pbase.com/sharpy/sandals_vacations

Sounds like a plan...if no one responds to this thread, why not move it to the JAG NATION, then we can make it exclusive for SOUTHERNITES. :tup:

Not a bad idea Sharpy, but don't expect a lot of takers. Get Ready, and JSU Toi, proposed a cruise a few years ago, and the idea didn't go over too well. Then again, folk won't be confined to a ship, so it may work.

Depending on our schedule next year, we may participate.

NICE

Vinita you have a choice - you can book the trip for land only and try to find the best air fare yourself or let your travel agent do it all. I've done it both ways. Our last three trips we used frequent flyer miles and booked land only. I'm a planner so I start doing my research 12-15 months before a trip. The reason I started this thread to get folks think about doing things new and enjoyable. These vacations are not cheap,but you get what you pay for. I wish I had started going on real vacations in my 20's.

sharpy said:
Vinita you have a choice - you can book the trip for land only and try to find the best air fare yourself or let your travel agent do it all. I've done it both ways. Our last three trips we used frequent flyer miles and booked land only. I'm a planner so I start doing my research 12-15 months before a trip. The reason I started this thread to get folks think about doing things new and enjoyable. These vacations are not cheap,but you get what you pay for. I wish I had going on real vacations in my 20's.
:tup:

SU's Finest '93 said:
Sounds like a plan...if no one responds to this thread, why not move it to the JAG NATION, then we can make it exclusive for SOUTHERNITES. :tup:
:emlaugh:

We would love to go! Let us know sharpy!!

I am down for this. I love trips. I go one a cruise at least every other year. I have been on 5.

I think the dates are very bad for a HBCU cruise. Most people live and die for football season - this cruise is from Oct 23-30. This means travel dates Oct. 22 & 31. I cannot speak for everyone else but I'm not going to miss two weekends of football for a cruise. Timing is everything.

sharpy said:
I think the dates are very bad for a HBCU cruise. Most people live and die for football season - this cruise is from Oct 23-30. This means travel dates Oct. 22 & 31. I cannot speak for everyone else but I'm not going to miss two weekends of football for a cruise. Timing is everything.

I was thinking the same thing.

sharpy said:

I concur...I thought the dates would be during the summer months. October has waaaaaaaaaay too much good football for the JAGS.

sharpy said:

I can. There won't be any football played in Jackson this year anyway.

Sharpy, I like the idea, land or cruise. I've been traveling extensively since my 20s. I do about 4 or more big trips a year. Talk with Kenn about the possibility. Post more details as you get them.

I'm a planner too. Timing is everything for me. I definitely will not do a cruise in October. I'm devoted to my Tigers then.

SU's Finest '93 said:

That's selfish this is for the group give people a chance to respond.... If you would like to have it that away then get some of your friends(alumni) and plan your own......... :splat:

Hey that sounds cool count me in as well. I know a few people who would be interested with this............

But during football going ANYWHERE during that time is not feasible for me....... That is normally around homecoming time as well...... But during the summer would be the best time because I am off during the summer months.... POST UPDATES!!!!!!

sharpy said:
Hello to all, I just came back from my trip to Sandals Whitehouse in Jamaica.
I wish ya'll could have been there. All the workers asked where are our brothers & sisters. I met many people on a website called Chris-n-Cheryl before we arrived. It would be an amazing sight to see 50+ SwacPagers dressed in our school colors. Anyway here is the link to my pictures:

http://www.pbase.com/sharpy/whitehouse

http://www.pbase.com/sharpy/tours

:tup:

Man I would love to go but next year is mid-term elections and the DNC will look at me crazy if I schedule a vacation then. But if it is the right weekend I can try and get sick. ;)

Back