Troy

Killer Bees

I saw this movie over the holiday weekend and I give it 4 out of 5 stars. I had to subtract a star for Orlando Bloom's bad acting. Usually, I don't care for Brad Pitt, but he did a good job in this movie. They could have left the love story out of the movie, but Hollywood have to do something to keep women interested in the movie. The special effects and the plot was tight to def.

The Fall of Troy is one of my favorite Greek Mythology.

Paris and Hector are my favorite characters.

I heard that chick they had playing HELEN was a stunner.

BandFan said:
The Fall of Troy is one of my favorite Greek Mythology.

Paris and Hector are my favorite characters.

I heard that chick they had playing HELEN was a stunner.

Cosigned -- I loved The Illiad by Homer. I watched Troy during it first week. The interpretations are interesting. Some reports say after Greeks crushed the Trojans, Menelaus got Helen back. He wanted to kill her for betrayl, but her beauty overpowered him, thus he was unable to do it. Also, historians say Helen grew tired of Paris (unlike the unwavering love portrayed in Troy).

GSUperTiger: I heard that too. That city was thrown into WAR with the Greeks because of one man's desicion. Paris' choosing of Aphrodite being the fairest over Athena & Hera caused the city of TROY to be locked in a 10 year seige. I bet people dont know that Helen had a twin brother and half twin sister and half twin brother. (Clytemanestra and Castor & Pollux)

Man all the Greeks took sides in this one. Troy being protected by the Greek god Apollo: He had to take arms. Aphrodite, Ares, Hephestus & Posideon were with Troy. Hera, and Athena led the charge for Greece.

Man Homers Illiad was the TRUTH!!!!!
GSUper: did you ever read The Aeneid by Virgil. It takes place after the Trojan war. I deals with Aeneas (a Trojan hero of the war) and his travels to Rome. Great Epic poem.

BandFan said:
GSUperTiger: I heard that too. That city was thrown into WAR with the Greeks because of one man's desicion. Paris' choosing of Aphrodite being the fairest over Athena & Hera caused the city of TROY to be locked in a 10 year seige. I bet people dont know that Helen had a twin brother and half twin sister and half twin brother. (Clytemanestra and Castor & Pollux)

Man all the Greeks took sides in this one. Troy being protected by the Greek god Apollo: He had to take arms. Aphrodite, Ares, Hephestus & Posideon were with Troy. Hera, and Athena led the charge for Greece.

Man Homers Illiad was the TRUTH!!!!!
GSUper: did you ever read The Aeneid by Virgil. It takes place after the Trojan war. I deals with Aeneas (a Trojan hero of the war) and his travels to Rome. Great Epic poem.

I have not read The Aeneid, but I am told it is the basis of the founding of Rome. It is ironic how the Romans (Trojans) got revenge in defeating the Greeks.

I see you are into Greek mythology too. Lysistrata was good too. Those women were rowdy and bout it. LOL!

GSUperTiger said:
I have not read The Aeneid, but I am told it is the basis of the founding of Rome. It is ironic how the Romans (Trojans) got revenge in defeating the Greeks.

I see you are into Greek mythology too. Lysistrata was good too. Those women were rowdy and bout it. LOL!

I have not read Lysistrata yet. Im going to look that up right now. Have you read Oedipus....................wow. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: Man you talk about some DRAMA!!!!!!!!!!

Humanities classes were off the chain at Sumner High and AAMU!!!!!!

Killer Bees said:
I saw this movie over the holiday weekend and I give it 4 out of 5 stars. I had to subtract a star for Orlando Bloom's bad acting. Usually, I don't care for Brad Pitt, but he did a good job in this movie. They could have left the love story out of the movie, but Hollywood have to do something to keep women interested in the movie. The special effects and the plot was tight to def.

Well, Helen is central to the plot of the story, since the war began because Paris fell in love with her and ran off with her, even though she was already married to Menelaus. Now, I don't see where they had to include that Achilles's relationship with that vestal virgin, Briseis. They really could have left that out.

And I STILL like Odysseus best! :tup:

Oh, and if you like high drama, I suggest Troilus and Cressida ... MESS if there ever was any!

It was a great movie. I studied all of the classical works in High School. I guess three years of Latin would make me appreciate the movie. Even if I didn't know the story, it was pretty good regardless. Take your kids to see it. They might learn something.

Now, I don't see where they had to include that Achilles's relationship with that vestal virgin, Briseis. They really could have left that out.

Exactly. I couldn't remember the name of the woman, but they should have left her out.

I guess what they say is true. The "P" is powerful. :bump:

Vinita said:
And I STILL like Odysseus best! :tup:

Yes ma'am -- Odysseus -- the great tactician. The Oddessey is based on his travel back to Greece after the Trojan war (took him as long as the war -- fell in odds with Apollo). I never read it, but always wanted to it.

BandFan said:
I have not read Lysistrata yet. Im going to look that up right now. Have you read Oedipus....................wow. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: Man you talk about some DRAMA!!!!!!!!!!

Humanities classes were off the chain at Sumner High and AAMU!!!!!!

Yeah, I read Oedipus -- incest at highest level. Those Greeks were off the chain.

The omnipotent gods were jealous of the mortals.

Speaking of Greek/Roman mythology movies, they need to do more. I don't think they did anything major since "Clash of the Titans".

What happened with Oddseus and the gods? What did he do to get their WRath?

NIta: Im going to have to peep out that Troiluse & Cressida. The gods love to keep Drama going.

GSUper: Some of my favorites (check them out) are:
Castor & Pollux (Gemini)
The Plight of Clytemenestra (right after the Trojan war) DRAMA!!!!
Orpheus
Perseus
Prometheus (the play is execellent)
Asclepius the doctor - EXCELLENT

BandFan said:
What happened with Oddseus and the gods? What did he do to get their WRath?

He rationalized that it was his mind, and not the help of the gods that had allowed the Greeks to win the war. He made light of their contributions so he had to be taught a lesson.

Attack Dog said:
He rationalized that it was his mind, and not the help of the gods that had allowed the Greeks to win the war. He made light of their contributions so he had to be taught a lesson.

oh yeah, he did come up with the ideal of the Trojan Horse. He knew that the god Posideon was a patron of the Trojans (they worshiped the horse).

"Never Trust Greeks bearing Gifts"

GSUperTiger said:
Yes ma'am -- Odysseus -- the great tactician. The Oddessey is based on his travel back to Greece after the Trojan war (took him as long as the war -- fell in odds with Apollo). I never read it, but always wanted to it.

The Odyssey is the greatest of all of Homer's epics. My favorite assignments in school were those centered around those great stories from Greek mythology.

I haven't seen Troy yet, but I'll definitely add it to my summer movie list.

I was in awe of The Illiad. There is nothing like reading a good book and making your own movie in your mind.

For the movie Troy, my favorite character was Achilles, however, for The Illiad, it is Diomedes.

Saw the movie on DVD again this morning.

Man they dont make men like HECTOR anymore. Willing to fight the enitre GREEK army just because his brother fell in Love.

That's some DEEP stuff.
Priam was a wise king, but he needs to fire his officials.

Got caught up.

She was a regular Ofay in makeup. There are some STunning white chicks out there thought.

This brunette on "Housewives" Terri Hatcher is a good looking one, and lil short chick that used to play on "VIP" (with the short hair) was another one.

Troy was pretty good. Me and my kinfolk were about how the critics gave it bad reviews, but they were completely wrong.

Back