Top Louisiana Football Recruit Arrested on Sex Charge

The Founder

First, I really hate this for this young man. The running back has a 3.8 GPA and a 28 on the ACT. This really hurts because I know the backstory. Basically this 14 year old girl has been going with him for over a year. They have pics on facebook of them kissing...basic teenager stuff etc.... He is a senior and she is a freshman in high school. About a month ago he began to pull away from her because he knew that he would have to leave her alone eventually because of their age difference. I actually had a good conversation with him about college last year and honestly I was putting some jabs in on him to think about GSU. The young man who is the defensive back has GSU, SU, Northwestern, and ULM on his list because his grandma who he lives with can't afford too much so being close is an option. He has a 3.1 and 20 on the ACT.

The parents of the girl own a movie theater in Springhill and have money. She is white.

I just wanted to put this out there first. After you all read the article tell me what you think.

Many of the black people feel like it was a set up.

The article is a bit misleading because it says that the young men confessed to "trying" to have sex with her but in another paragraph the officer says the sex was consensual.

------------------------------------------------

http://www.14news.com/story/3057187...of-2-n-webster-players-arrested-on-sex-charge

Top HS football recruit 1 of 2 N. Webster players arrested on sex charge

SPRINGHILL, LA (KSLA) -

The 2 North Webster High School football players accused of having sex with a 14-year-old girl are out on bond and on the field in a playoff game Friday evening.

Springhill Police Chief Will Lynd confirms the arrests of 17-year-old Devin White and 18-year-old Keuntra Gipson, both star players for the North Webster Knights.

White, a running back, is one of the top 2016 recruits in the nation, with interest from top schools including LSU and Alabama. Both he and Gipson, a linebacker, are seniors.

Lynd says the girl, a freshman at North Webster High, was reported missing Thursday night when she disappeared during a community pep rally.

She showed up later that night after being dropped off at the police station, where she spoke to Lynd before being taken to Springhill Medical Center for a physical exam.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Goodness gracious. It's so easy to get caught up these days. Everyone is instantly too accessible via technical. smh

Sounds like the movie Daddy's Little Girl when a player was accused of rape. We need to continue and mentor these AA athletics early to leave these young girls alone. At their young age nothing ever comes good from it. They all including the AA player needs to mature to handle those type relationships especially when daddy and mommy want to say our daughter is dating the top recruit in the state.

Last edited:
Sounds like the movie Daddy's Little Girl when a player was accused of rape. I know this will come across as being unfair but we have to educate these AA athletics early to leave the girls not of color alone. At their young age nothing ever comes good from it. They all including the AA player needs to mature to handle those type relationships especially when daddy and mommy want to say our daughter is dating the top recruit in the state.

Hard but fair...sad but true.

It's not a felony. They don't have to register as sex offenders. The crime lab can probably detect if both guys did it with her, if they didn't already confess. Interesting that the girls was somehow "dropped off" at the police station. Seems like she had remorse for doing them both.

There a top ranked player at Daphne High School in Alabama going through the same thing. His case was referred to a grand jury yesterday. His teammates and some in the community have come to his defense claiming consensual sex. She's white and he's black.

Do you recall some years back maybe 10 this happen some years back to a high profile recruit in either GA or AL. His story ended up good as he played I believe at Hampton and had a short stay with the NFL.

This is what happens when they feel that they've invested (their daughter ) into his career. If they have any they will try to ruin you.

Bottom Iine is leave those white broads alone! Why do black men keep letting these heffas destroy their lives? Why do they desire these pilgrims? It's sad!

Do you recall some years back maybe 10 this happen some years back to a high profile recruit in either GA or AL. His story ended up good as he played I believe at Hampton and had a short stay with the NFL.

That was Marcus Dixon, who's case was what Tyler Perry "used" for Idris Elba's character in Daddy's Little Girls. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marcus_Dixon

Genarlow Wilson's case, I believe, prompted Georgia to adopt a "Romeo-and-Juliet" clause for high school students. http://criminal-law.freeadvice.com/criminal-law/violent_crimes/romeo-and-juliet-law.htm
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilson_v._State

Back