Top 10 HBCUS for STEM Majors

PVAMU should be no lower than #4 because it is known for the following:
- Tier 2 University
- Medical Academy
-Summer programs for primary through incoming college freshmen
- #1 and #3 in producing black male and female engineers, respectively.
- 6 engineering buildings, including this summer's grand opening of a new $70 million dollar engineering classroom and research building.

Last edited:
- Tier 2 University
- Medical Academy
- #1 and #3 in producing black males and females, respectively.
- 6 engineering buildings, including this summer's grand opening of a new $70 million dollar engineering classroom and research building.

Yeah my initial thought was that no way PV should be that low. Also, architecture is now classified as STEM and PV is #1 in the country in producing Black architects

Yeah my initial thought was that no way PV should be that low. Also, architecture is now classified as STEM and PV is #1 in the country in producing Black architects
There appears to be a misperception of PV that seems to permeate many of these polls.

- Tier 2 University
- Medical Academy
I concur, our youngest son is at the PVAMU Summerbridge summer engineering program now before he starts his freshmen year. I have 2 recent STEM graduates from PV in my family so our school is producing.

- Tier 2 University
- Medical Academy
My top 5:
1) NCAT
2) FAMU
3) PVAMU
4) Howard
5) Spelman

Back