Top 10 Cities With Highest Murder Rate

Man get out of here with this BS. I live in VA and Northern VA, which is the suburbs of DC, is straight liberal. Hell Fairfax county is one of the richest in the Nation. That's the main reason why the Dems have taken control of VA. Those places prosper because of the abundance of tax revenue from the highly paid people that live there. That's the case with every nice suburb, city, or town. Those places don't have nice neighborhoods, parks, schools, stores, or YMCAs because of minimum wage workers. Those places have people that make nice salaries, so they are able to afford all those things.

And speaking of low taxes, isn't the governor of MS considering some kind of tobacco tax on cigarettes? What's up with that?

It's wrong for the governor to even think of taxing the tobacco company. Folks are getting crazy with taxing companies just because they need revenue.........that's crazy.

Since when did taxes create good homes, jobs, stores, business, neighborhoods, and etc....?

It's wrong for the governor to even think of taxing the tobacco company. Folks are getting crazy with taxing companies just because they need revenue.........that's crazy.

Since when did taxes create good homes, jobs, stores, business, neighborhoods, and etc....?

you totally danced around his statement about Northern Virginia prospering...

you totally danced around his statement about Northern Virginia prospering...

I can't comment on a city I know nothing about. I used Madison and Jackson,MS because I know where the liberals and conservatives reside. Madison is 90% conservative/republican to Jackson's 90% liberal/democrat. One city is captivating and the other is depressing in important areas. One city executes justice when dealing with criminals, and the other let criminals off the hook to commit more crime to become a burden on law abiding citizens.

I can't comment on a city I know nothing about. I used Madison and Jackson,MS because I know where the liberals and conservatives reside. Madison is 90% conservative/republican to Jackson's 90% liberal/democrat. One city is captivating and the other is depressing in important areas. One city executes justice when dealing with criminals, and the other let criminals off the hook to commit more crime to become a burden on law abiding citizens.

The entire point is that political leanings really don’t matter, it is all about money. There are plenty of peaceful, prospering liberal cities along the East Coast and West Coast.

Mississippi as a whole is mostly conservative. So why isn't the entire state(outside of "liberal" Jackson) prospering?

Madison is anything but "captivating". It is a typical suburban community that feeds off the capitol city. Their taxes are lower because they don't have to provide the services Jxn offers. Furthermore, they don't have the amount of tax exempt real estate Jxn has(mainly downtown). Most of the neighborhoods and city infrastructure is newer - all of which makes for lower taxes and a higher quality of life. None of what i meantioned has anything to do with political leanings.

Mississippi as a whole is mostly conservative. So why isn't the entire state(outside of "liberal" Jackson) prospering?

Madison is anything but "captivating". It is a typical suburban community that feeds off the capitol city. Their taxes are lower because they don't have to provide the services Jxn offers. Furthermore, they don't have the amount of tax exempt real estate Jxn has(mainly downtown). Most of the neighborhoods and city infrastructure is newer - all of which makes for lower taxes and a higher quality of life. None of what i meantioned has anything to do with political leanings.

Correct he attempting to match economics with a political ideology
and apply it nation wide. Cannot be done. People with money will always
enter into a formerly sparsely populated area and develop it
Money, being the key factor. I could take him to an area just over
The Jackson line where there are all black subdivisions
Where no home is under $500k.

But to always continue to compare Jackson to a smaller
place that have different sets of laws to follow is erroneous

Only cities/ towns with similiar population size is valid for a true case study

If what you say is true, then how did democrat Ronnie Musgrove become governor? It's a fact the most wealthy areas in Mississippi are majority conservative. I'm not saying there are no rich liberals in these communities, however I am saying these communities are governed and controlled by conservatives.

As far as services being provided by cities, Jackson should take note of what Madison is doing becaue it's obvious they're doing something right. They believe in offering "LIMITED" services and quality in everything they do. They wouldn't let Wal-Mart build off I-55 unless the building design was fit for Madison standards.

Was it not my dear JSU football team that used the "indoor high school football facility" in Madison,Ms?

If what you say is true, then how did democrat Ronnie Musgrove become governor? It's a fact the most wealthy areas in Mississippi are majority conservative. I'm not saying there are no rich liberals in these communities, however I am saying these communities are governed and controlled by conservatives.

As far as services being provided by cities, Jackson should take note of what Madison is doing becaue it's obvious they're doing something right. They believe in offering "LIMITED" services and quality in everything they do. They wouldn't let Wal-Mart build off I-55 unless the building design was fit for Madison standards.

Was it not my dear JSU football team that used the "indoor high school football facility" in Madison,Ms?

Ronnie became Governor because Kirk Fordice was a total screw-up... Haley Barbour won because Ronnie was a screw-up... Now this crook gets re-elected cause Jamie Franks was a screw up...

Outside of that, You are so far off-base on this issue that it is not funny.

Wayyyy off base

you can't compare a small place like Madison to Jackson

to be fair, or even attempt to make any sense you
have to pick places with similar population size.

That's basic first rule stuff.

Ronnie became Governor because Kirk Fordice was a total screw-up... Haley Barbour won because Ronnie was a screw-up... Now this crook gets re-elected cause Jamie Franks was a screw up...

...........that's your opinion.

Jackson mother's killer sentenced

A man who fatally stabbed his girlfriend and ran over her with a car outside her south Jackson home last year pleaded guilty Friday morning.

Toriano Holmes, 34, was sentenced to 52 years in state prison.

Holmes stabbed Tracy Collier, 33, multiple times before running over her body in the front yard of her residence at 2804 Brookside Drive on April 14, 2008. Collier is survived by six children — who were not home when she was killed. http://www.clarionledger.com/article/20090615/NEWS/90615012/Jackson+mother+s+killer+sentenced

Why are we wasting tax dollars on this clown for 52 years? Why won't somebody in Jackson get a pair and sentence his azz to an immediate death? If I were the judge, I would have looked this clown dead in the eye, and told him his azz got 5 minutes to get right wit God before we slice his dayum throat. I would have somebody sharpening the knife in front of the criminal while the trial is in process.

:tup:
Most of all the problems you see with most of these bad ass kids goes back to drugs... Their mothers date drug dealers.... They never met their father because he was a drug dealer... It's an endless cycle....

I know some of the most educated females at some of the best schools in New Orleans ends up having kids for drug-dealers...The only way to correct that, is for "our" people to recognize it.. A lot of folk think it's a non-issue and it's just a phase for girls to want "bad-boys"... These lil chicks are getting killed by these "bad-boys" now.... It's truly sad... The mind-sets of most of them are indescribable...

That's New Orleans main problem... most of the murders..(like 98% of them) are drug related....People will not testify against these kids... So it's basically street law in these streets.. Can't keep a murderer in jail if no eye witness will testify.. And our police department must not be to hot if they are never able to link these criminals to the evidence on the scene...

But again I blame shows like "First 48" because these lil killers watch that show... I hear em in the shop getting their hair cut talking about it... They know what to do and what not to do.. and when the police catch them what to say and what not to say, no matter how much the detectives pressure them....

Man I wish people in power would listen to you and others like you who see what's going on the street of NOLA. My sister who works in the Little Rock school district,says she met some parents from NOLA who now live here from Katrina,says that they will never move back.They love the school system here.
Man I still can't believe that NOLA has lost that many people.

Jackson mother's killer sentenced

A man who fatally stabbed his girlfriend and ran over her with a car outside her south Jackson home last year pleaded guilty Friday morning.

Toriano Holmes, 34, was sentenced to 52 years in state prison.

Holmes stabbed Tracy Collier, 33, multiple times before running over her body in the front yard of her residence at 2804 Brookside Drive on April 14, 2008. Collier is survived by six children — who were not home when she was killed. http://www.clarionledger.com/article/20090615/NEWS/90615012/Jackson+mother+s+killer+sentenced

Why are we wasting tax dollars on this clown for 52 years? Why won't somebody in Jackson get a pair and sentence his azz to an immediate death? If I were the judge, I would have looked this clown dead in the eye, and told him his azz got 5 minutes to get right wit God before we slice his dayum throat. I would have somebody sharpening the knife in front of the criminal while the trial is in process.

See this is the problem with so-called "conservatives". They're so shallow in their thinking its pathetic. First of all, no judge in America has the power to do what you claim you'd do. They don't realize the cost of carry out the death penalty with its various constitutionally guaranteed appeals is often more expensive than a life sentance. This guy will likely never see the light of day again which means he's no longer a threat to society.

The amazing thing about so-called "christian conservatives", when it comes down to it, their thinking is often more in line with the Muslim countries they claim to hate. The irony.

See this is the problem with so-called "conservatives". They're so shallow in their thinking its pathetic. First of all, no judge in America has the power to do what you claim you'd do. They don't realize the cost of carry out the death penalty with its various constitutionally guaranteed appeals is often more expensive than a life sentance. This guy will likely never see the light of day again which means he's no longer a threat to society.

The amazing thing about so-called "christian conservatives", when it comes down to it, their thinking is often more in line with the Muslim countries they claim to hate. The irony.

No, my thinking is in line with God's common law, however many humans like to ignore God's law and replace it with BS. What's pathetic is you'd rather spend your tax dollars housing, clothing, feeding, medically treating a murderer for 52 years instead of sending His soul to God. Why not sentence the murderer to death and cremate the body? You'd save millions by not having to care for this clown. Dead folks can't escape, make parole, or commit another brutal crime; so why burden yourself with a liability when you can eliminate the problem?

Last edited:

No, my thinking is in line with God's common law, however many humans like to ignore God's law and replace it with BS. What's pathetic is you'd rather spend your tax dollars housing, clothing, feeding, medically treating a murderer for 52 years instead of sending His soul to God. Why not sentence the murderer to death and cremate the body? You'd save millions by not having to care for this clown. Dead folks can't escape, make parole, or commit another brutal crime; so why burden yourself with a liability when you can eliminate the problem?

No, your thinking is not in line with God's law. On one hand, you talk about God's common law as a reason for wanting to put this man to death. Then you say let's put him to death because it will save money. Now I'm no scholar, but I think you'd be hard press to find anywhere in the bible that says it's ok to kill a person to save a few dollars.

No, your thinking is not in line with God's law. On one hand, you talk about God's common law as a reason for wanting to put this man to death. Then you say let's put him to death because it will save money. Now I'm no scholar, but I think you'd be hard press to find anywhere in the bible that says it's ok to kill a person to save a few dollars.

.......aint nothin wrong with the benefits of saving a few dollars by putting a murderer to death. The reason God told us to send the murderers and rapists to Him because it's "common sense" for a better quality of life. God even went so far as to tell us how to feel about sentencing a murderer to death. He stated we should show no compassion for their death sentence. Why? This clown didn't show compassion when he stabbed this woman repeatedly and ran her over with a car.

I bet you gone feel sorry for Satan and his followers when they go into the lake of fire. You do know that God has plans to destroy souls right, and there won't be one evil soul around the saints after judgment day right. I don't know about you, but me and the saints gone rejoice when they eternally die.

.......aint nothin wrong with the benefits of saving a few dollars by putting a murderer to death. The reason God told us to send the murderers and rapists to Him because it's "common sense" for a better quality of life. God even went so far as to tell us how to feel about sentencing a murderer to death. He stated we should show no compassion for their death sentence. Why? This clown didn't show compassion when he stabbed this woman repeatedly and ran her over with a car.

I bet you gone feel sorry for Satan and his followers when they go into the lake of fire. You do know that God has plans to destroy souls right, and there won't be one evil soul around the saints after judgment day right. I don't know about you, but me and the saints gone rejoice when they eternally die.

This is hilarious...... :lol:

Oklahoma Residents Outraged After Child Rapist Gets 1-Year Sentence in Plea Deal

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

OKLAHOMA CITY — A plea deal that sent an ex-convict accused of raping a 4-year-old girl to jail for only a year has prompted outrage across Oklahoma, where lawmakers are calling for the removal of the judge who approved the deal and the attorney general is investigating a new set of abuse allegations.

Under the deal, David Harold Earls, 64, of the southeastern Oklahoma town of McAlester, pleaded no contest last month to first-degree rape and forcible sodomy. Normally, the rape charge carries a sentence of between five years to life in prison, but the deal he struck with prosecutors called for 19 years of his 20-year sentence to be suspended.

Residents have since peppered the local newspaper with e-mails and letters questioning why the sentence wasn't harsher.

"I think they should have dropped the hammer on him," said Chris Lenardo, 35, who works at a local barber shop in McAlester, a town of about 18,000 people about 120 miles southwest of Oklahoma City. "I'm still trying to figure out why he's only getting a year." http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,526763,00.html

Oklahoma Residents Outraged After Child Rapist Gets 1-Year Sentence in Plea Deal

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

OKLAHOMA CITY — A plea deal that sent an ex-convict accused of raping a 4-year-old girl to jail for only a year has prompted outrage across Oklahoma, where lawmakers are calling for the removal of the judge who approved the deal and the attorney general is investigating a new set of abuse allegations.

Under the deal, David Harold Earls, 64, of the southeastern Oklahoma town of McAlester, pleaded no contest last month to first-degree rape and forcible sodomy. Normally, the rape charge carries a sentence of between five years to life in prison, but the deal he struck with prosecutors called for 19 years of his 20-year sentence to be suspended.

Residents have since peppered the local newspaper with e-mails and letters questioning why the sentence wasn't harsher.

"I think they should have dropped the hammer on him," said Chris Lenardo, 35, who works at a local barber shop in McAlester, a town of about 18,000 people about 120 miles southwest of Oklahoma City. "I'm still trying to figure out why he's only getting a year." http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,526763,00.html

I thought things like this didn't happen in conservative areas?

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

What does that have to do with execution? Yeah it's an outrage that he only got one year.

And on the flip side you have folks who were executed but later found to be innocent.

That mess you're speaking on here is not the teachings of Jesus Christ.....

What does that have to do with execution? Yeah it's an outrage that he only got one year.

And on the flip side you have folks who were executed but later found to be innocent.

That mess you're speaking on here is not the teachings of Jesus Christ.....

.........he should be excecuted as well. Yes, the innocent are slain and we must do better by setting the innocent free. Having said that, there are more murderers and rapist walking free than innovent people in jail.

Christ supports all of God's law, however it's man that has a problem supporting God's law. If God left it up to you and others, His laws would no longer exist your liberal world.

Don't worry, He comin back with law and order on His side.

Back