Tooth Extractions

Re: Wisdom Teeth Pullings

Thanks for letting me know what's up.
Lawd, I'm nervous thinking about this procedure.

It's not that bad at all. I had all four of mine removed at the same time. Just don't try to talk too much afterwards. Once that air hits it, you're gonna ask Bruce to put you out of your misery.

It's not that bad at all. I had all four of mine removed at the same time. Just don't try to talk too much afterwards. Once that air hits it, you're gonna ask Bruce to put you out of your misery.

OK! I'll keep that in mind.

They offer the gas to everyone at my dental office...I ALWAYS get gas, but gas does absolutely nothing for the pain and discomfort. All it does is makes you feel high and woozy. :dizzy:

I want to be knocked the fugg out.

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

:emlaugh::emlaugh::emlaugh:

:rolleyes: Like the baby said, WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM? :xeye:

Roi, don't believe her, believe everybody else. First, don't let a regular dentist pull wisdom teeth HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL NAW! :argue2: Go to an ORAL SURGEON. I had all 4 wisdoms pulled at the same time and my oral surgeon gave me an IV with 1/2 Valium and 1/2 Demoral. IT WAS WONDERFUL!!! :flippy::spin::flippy::spin: I was like Vette, humming and talking and didn't remember. Next thing I knew I was getting in the car!!! But when the meds wear off, you have to immediately start taking the pain meds. I couldn't eat for 3 days and then for about 2 weeks I could only eat soup, ice cream and popsicles. :vomit:I was so naseuated that I thought I was pregnant. That whole experience sucked!

So the worst of the pain will last about a day.
I'm getting it done on Friday. So I might be OK to go to work on Monday, you think?

I had never been put to sleep before....had my mama to come to Texas to be with me.

Crit, to be honest, it just depends on how imbedded your teeth are. I had all 4 of my wisdom teeth pulled at the same time, 3 went as smoothly as possible, and the last one was a battle. I got hit with the novacaine, and the surgeon gave me about 3 shots, and I could still feel it, until finally I said phugg it, I'll just deal with the pain (my tolerance for pain is pretty high), and he eventually got it out.

The 3 teeth that came out with no problem, I didn't feel anything from them, but that 4th one had me in pain for about 4 days, and that was with being on Tylenol 3 with codene (sp). I can't remember the last time I ate so much soup, and apple sauce.

NICE

That's good that you are having an oral surgeon do it. I had all four of mine removed last October. My experience was pretty mild. I only suffered 1 night of pain. Yup, you will not be able to eat solid foods for a while. I ate mashed potatoes and yogurt for a while... then graduated to soup. I'm just glad it all over.

That's what I'm getting. He also gave me a prescription to take some medicine (a relaxer) 2 hours before the surgery.

I had all four of mine pulled out in 2004. I was ready to go to work the next day! The pain was bad after the medicine wore off from the surgery, but I popped the pills that he gave me and i was fine. :cool:

It all depends on the dentist.

I was ready to go to work the next day!

That's how I felt! The surgery was a success!!! I had two wisdom teeth pulled (instead of four; my orthodontist only approved for two to be pulled), and everything went smoothly! I didn't feel any pain during and only minor discomfort this weekend! :tup: I really only needed my pain medication once this entire weekend.

That's how I felt! The surgery was a success!!! I had two wisdom teeth pulled (instead of four; my orthodontist only approved for two to be pulled), and everything went smoothly! I didn't feel any pain during and only minor discomfort this weekend! :tup: I really only needed my pain medication once this entire weekend.

That means he/she knew what they were doing. Glad everything went well! Now, say CHEEEEEEEEEEEESE!

That means he/she knew what they were doing. Glad everything went well! Now, say CHEEEEEEEEEEEESE!

CHEEEEEEEEEEEESE! *and posing like the little girl in my sig!* :D

The oral surgeon looked like he was in his 70s. He knew what he was doing though.

:tup:

Back