Tony Romo retires to pursue broadcasting career

In_The_662

Deeeeep In The Delta.....
He is going to be released today so that leaves the door open for playing for another team (won't in Lynch's situation)

Hopefully the Aints get him for their starting QB job opening.

ar128087799136534.jpg

Probably not going to happen in Texas. If ... those people ... stayed away in San Francisco the stadium will be empty in Texas.

Please, they got a waiting list for season ticket holders over 20K. Let him come in and they win that's all they want, this is football country. San Francisco was losing after they got rid of Harbaugh which was their mistake and that's why those folks was not coming to the games.

To me he's the best of what's left for free agent Qb's.

Dak will be exposed this year. He really was exposed towards the end of last year. He got a nice deep ball but I question his ability to read coverage and now that teams got a year of film to dissect on him, he gone have to step his game up.

Probably not going to happen in Texas. If ... those people ... stayed away in San Francisco the stadium will be empty in Texas.

I'm not sure why people think a guy that drives customers away should be hired. While I support Kaepernick's right to protest and support the reason he protested, no businessperson is going to hire a person that causes them to lose money.

Kaep had to know there were consequences for his actions. Some might think there shouldn't be, but there are. His career is over. He should have known that. And everybody hoping that he gets hired should know that.

49ers attendance was a result of the team being 2-14 more so than Kaepernick's protest.

Reactions: JR
If only 10% of the fans stayed home because of Kaepernick, that's too much. That could represent a loss of your profit margin in that profit center (stadium).

Even you wouldn't hire a person that ran away 10% of your customers. If you would, then you would be a piss poor businessperson.

That's kinda hard to argue when the guy we're talking about had the highest selling jersey in the league last season after his protest became publicized.,

Dak will be exposed this year. He really was exposed towards the end of last year. He got a nice deep ball but I question his ability to read coverage and now that teams got a year of film to dissect on him, he gone have to step his game up.

You're kidding right. Did you see what he did against Green Bay in that playoff game? He matched Rodgers in every category.

You're kidding right. Did you see what he did against Green Bay in that playoff game? He matched Rodgers in every category.
I saw a watered down playbook and a lot of dump offs. Kaep looked good his first season too. Truth comes out when teams got a year of film to study.

Cutler would come in and immediately turn the Texans into fringe Super Bowl contenders.
Really? I know ya'll gonna bring up defense, defense, defense, but Cutler seems to stay in the hole more than other QB's.

tony romo...one of the most overrated nfl qbs to ever play the game.

I almost want to call him the derrick rose of the nfl cause he stayed hurt.

tony romo...one of the most overrated nfl qbs to ever play the game.

I almost want to call him the derrick rose of the nfl cause he stayed hurt.

Romo was far from overrated. He was a really good QB during the time in which he played.

As far as injuries, aside from 2010 and 2015, Romo was relatively healthy as a Cowboy.

If the Texans are looking at either Kaep or Cutler (AND THEY ARE), their best option is to sign Kaep and become a run first offense. Kaep would pose a threat to opposing defenses with a run first offense, especially with the current running backs of the Texans. Now imagine adding AP to that stable of running backs. Secondly, they could use their drafts picks for their OL (much needed). They would easily avoid the mistake they made with Osweiller. IMO, Kaep and Cutler are both better than Savage.

The only reason those Cowboys teams were mediocre to good was because of Romo. We had a front office that didn't know how to draft or sign FA's, and the team suffered because of it. Jerry was smart enough to bring in Will McClay as Asst. Dir. of Player Personnel in 2013. McClay started improving the roster and Tony's health couldn't hold up. Pound for pound, Tony ranks up there with the best of them. He never had a solid defense like Eli. He never had a strong rushing attack like Big Ben. He doesn't have a good coaching staff like Brady....well Brady is in his own league, but if Romo traded places with Big Ben or Eli, he'd have at least two Super Bowl titles.

I saw a watered down playbook and a lot of dump offs. Kaep looked good his first season too. Truth comes out when teams got a year of film to study.
He'll have a year to study, too, and Dak went downfield more than people gave him credit for. In the beginning of the season he simply took what the offense gave him. And let's not forget that he didn't have Dez for 5 games. Dez is his only deep threat...Cole Beasley doesn't have a vertical game, and Terrance Williams can be easily locked down by a solid NFL CB. Brice Butler dropped at least three easy TD's of 30 yards or more that I can think of.

Romo has been impressive so far in calling games. A lot of energy, and really solid insight.
I completely agree. Listening to him yesterday, you can tell the sports casters from the former players. I would rather have him on NBC or ESPN game of the week.

Back