To Uapb And Pv !!!!!!

Originally posted by s phi s
Oh and as for the borrowing...
I have had a song(s) that I wrote in the spring for PV to play during hoops season turned into one of the standard Ocean tunes for a few years. And I was told by several Ocean members that they heard us play it and liked it. I ain't mad at it, but don't act like I'm lying either.

Ewwwwwwwwwww I think I know what song you talkin bout too and now its a TSU hit lol.

Yakin huh....maybe I'll try out next time around....

TxSU borrowed @ least 3 tunes from PV this year. Remember @ the PVU vs GSU game in Dallas you (TxSU) were right their getting some tunes.

HP
BTW, I am not jealous of TxSU at all. Although, the Ocean has made some of the strongest improvements in the SWAC there is still along way to the top for you guys !

US? Borrowing tunes from yalll? please.

I put it like this. and this is the honest truth and I know some bands out there are feeling me on this one.
A lot of times we already have the selection except we don't play it for some reason, maybe we just didn't get around to it, I don't know cause it's up to Lee what we play. Sometimes he wants to wait till the 5th to play a song and two tings might happen he might not play it because the other band leaves and he wants to save that selection for another game, or they play the song already. Lee rarely will play the same song at you because he strongly beleives in the 5 and out rule. and he don't want to hear the same thing twice. we have to talk him into letting us do that to compare arrangements, that's only sometimes though. But he really tries to save that song for another game.

Sometimes, and only sometimes, we might here and arrangement someone plays in the SWAC and we would have already had it in our folder but didn't really play it that much, but if we here another SWAC school playing it, Lee woould pull it out, and if he's confident that our arrangement is better then he will use it. Especially if it's a song they play a lot. If our arrangement is better than we will embarass you by playing it back, but he won't do it in the 5th though.

Harmonical,
Your point is valid, and that is true in MOST cases. But I can think of one exception though. We rocked a song at a PV-TSU basketball game that the TSU folks were feeling. Had the dome rocking. That next fall, I heard the same song (slightly different arrangement.....Ocean-ized if you will) being sent our way. I have already talked to a few of my Ocean friends about this, and I ain't mad at ya for it. If I was y'all, I would'a took it too.:) Just don't ack like it has never happened.

may i interrupt...

as far as TSU and PVU borrowing songs...I dunno...but come fall both better have them books ready or else it's gonna be a :saw: good old fashion slaughtering!!! lol...had to through a little noise talking in there

It kills me that some schools think that a solid trombone section and a pretty good trumpet section makes for a good band!!! TxSU, when have you done a clean show??? last time i saw one was before the big incident. I always give credit where it is do and ya'll have been sounding pretty good in the stands... BUT correctly if i'm wrong aren't we all in MARCHING bands. I'll tell you like I tell crabs all the time..."You ain't s#!t if YOU can't do it on the field!!!"

BUILD YOUR SKILLS!!!!!________________________________________________
Magnificent Mello!!!!! Phone!!!

Well....

Well.. All I got to say is I'm ready to kick with frat and soror cause when I met yall at district 02' yall were cool as hell. As far as bands are concern, I have been watching PV before I got to college back at the crib at the State Fair classic. Now it is my turn to be that band on the other side and I can't wait!!:flippy:

One more thing, just incase Katima doesn't go on the SWAC page tell here that #7 at PB TBS spring 02 said congratulations on her baby.
Also, to my boy from the crib Darryl KKY #7 Fall 02 "Huh", what up Dog!!!:wavey:

I'll try to steer them both this way so they can see this message. Either that, or I'll relay it to them myself. I should see them (or at least Darryl, tomorrow at the band banquet.

Back