To go or not to go?

aamuprettywoman

AAMU all day every day!
Why in the "L" are people risking their lives to get to work?
Are those of you who are working actually @ work in all this snow and ice?

I've had several friends call me this morning pissed off because their bosses had the nerve to call them and say we're working today. 2nd shift is scheduled for 2 p.m. Needless to say, some went in, others told them nope, the roads and weather is too bad.

Would you go even if the roads were closed?

LLLLL nawwwllll!!! This is the south and southern people cannot drive on ice!!! I'm not risking it. If my boss wants me there...then he/she needs to come pick me up!!!

Being in the public safety field, we always go to work. Diasters are our business and you can count on us being there to help you in your time of need.

I often wondered that too. Why folks was trying to get to thier jobs in inclimate weather. If you are in the medical field or public safety field then i can see. But the rest no. When it was doing all that flooding here in Htown I was sitting at home wondering where all these folks were going? :SMH:

So no I would not go.....:rolleyes:

APW, you know in our business we are expected to be at work in any condition. So I just grab the keys to the four-wheel drive and start picking up the staff thats calls and says they can't make it in.

That's an option...

However, if I don't trust myself driving in, I'm sure as "L" not going to trust someone else to drive me in the same conditions.

But, you're right...thatz the biz.

Originally posted by aamuprettywoman
Why in the "L" are people risking their lives to get to work?
Are those of you who are working actually @ work in all this snow and ice?

I've had several friends call me this morning pissed off because their bosses had the nerve to call them and say we're working today. 2nd shift is scheduled for 2 p.m. Needless to say, some went in, others told them nope, the roads and weather is too bad.

Would you go even if the roads were closed?

Naw, prettywoman. I work for the government and I did not even think about going in. I called in, just because I have @$$hole bosses, but I was not risking my life, vehicle, or anything else that belongs to me for ingrateful people. I did that one time and did not get any appreciation.:redhot: :redhot:

It does shock me that people risk driving through all of this stuff just to get to work. It's a shame that folks have to try to save their sick days for Homecoming:D

Originally posted by BILBREW
It does shock me that people risk driving through all of this stuff just to get to work. It's a shame that folks have to try to save their sick days for Homecoming:D
Isn't that what sick/personal days are for?
ne_nau.gif

Originally posted by jelli
When it was doing all that flooding here in Htown I was sitting at home wondering where all these folks were going?

:lol: Yeah, you and me both were. :lol: There was no way I was taking that risk.

Back