TnSU

tsutiger

''I was disappointed with the letter,'' she said. ''I wish he'd handled it a little differently.

''We're supremely supportive of our conference and our fellow schools. But at the same time, we can't destroy relationships that have been solid and good for us. We have a long-lasting relationship with Alabama A&M, a longstanding tradition. I feel the situation could have been handled better by them, but I think each institution should be left to decide how to react to it rather than getting a directive from him.''

A release from the Southwestern Athletic Conference, of which A&M is a member, virtually echoed Phillips' concerns.

''A professional courtesy call by the Ohio Valley Conference office to the Southwestern Athletic Conference office would have been appropriate before the demeaning and scathing memorandum recommending a boycott was sent,'' the release read. ''Any possibility of resolving the issue ended with the public circulation of the memorandum.''

http://www.tennessean.com/sports/tsu/archives/04/02/47185220.shtml?Element_ID=47185220

Can you blame TnSU,heck games with schools from the SWAC is how they make a little profit,games against the OVC draw 4,500 maybe.

Originally posted by GRAM4LIFE
Now, what is the OVC Commish going to say... Looks like TSU isn't following his lead.:cool:

Does it matter, TNState is the step child of the conference anyway. If they step to TNState the wrong way, they know that they will leave for the SWAC, MEAC or go independent.

I can't believe how childish the OVC commissioner is. He should be forced to resign or face dismissal for this blunder.

Originally posted by Tigerpride
Does it matter, TNState is the step child of the conference anyway. If they step to TNState the wrong way, they know that they will leave for the SWAC, MEAC or go independent.
Isn't this what they and we both want?

TP

TSU has already told him, that we will not support his efforts to "boycott" A&M. He does not realize that blood is thicker than a football game.

Enough said.
=====
The OVC Commissioner if ig-nut. There are only three parties involved in this foolishness, that is JX State, OVC Office and A&M.

Originally posted by Dr.
...........He does not realize that blood is thicker than a football game.

I think this is a very deep and interesting statement. Yes. Very deep indeed.

Originally posted by Dr.
TP

TSU has already told him, that we will not support his efforts to "boycott" A&M. He does not realize that blood is thicker than a football game.

Enough said.
=====

To this I say exactly!

Since TSU has told the OVC Commissioner where ?stick it?. We maybe in for a long football season.

I am happy to see TP take a stance against ?stupidity?

Dr

Back