TLC Looks to Replace Left Eye on TV

buckwheat

TLC Looks to Replace Left Eye on TV
By James Hill, BET.com Staff Writer

Posted June 29, 2004 -- Since the 2002 death of Lisa ?Left Eye? Lopes, the pop group TLC has been struggling to regain the spotlight. That may change if a new FOX reality show surrounding the now two-member group gets off the ground.
The proposed idea, which Tionne ?T-Boz? Watkins and Rozonda ?Chilli? Thomas have already agreed to, will see singers compete to become the third member of the group.

The show is running into trouble from reality TV guru and ?Survivor? creator Mark Burnett who says it?s a knockoff of ?Rockstar,? a show he?s producing with CBS that similarly will have unknown singers compete to replace the deceased Michael Hutchence of ?80s rock group INXS.

Neither show has given any hard facts about its formats or show dates. Nevertheless, Burnett already has made some remarks. ?It just makes me laugh. If I decide to produce a show called ?Dog ... ,? I?ll get a call saying there?s a new show someone?s doing? with the same concept,? he said.

DISCUSS NOW: How do you feel about this seemingly new trend of reality TV that looks to replace dead singers in pop groups? Is it tasteless or just good TV?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I thought T-Boz and Chili stated that they were NOT going to replace Left-Eye? :confused:

Guess they changed their mind.

:smh:

Totally, and utterly classless.

Replacing the deceased young lady would have been bad enough, after vowing that you wouldn't. But to do it on a reality TV show?

Wow.

Now you know it is all about that paper. It's a life style people get use too. I been poor all of my life so I don't know what that life style feels like nor will I probably ever find out :lol:

They both dumped their men. Now its time to vent. What better way than through the media. That's how Black female celebrities do it. Ex. Halle Berry, Vanessa Williams.

Can't be a trio with only 2 singers(T.C....)

:( :(

My only question is who would fit the groups persona??

:topic:

:wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: @ SU's Finest(W)

I DONT SEE ANYTHING WRONG WITH IT MYSELF.... MAYBE THE "REALITY" PART TO FIND A REPLACEMENT, BUT LIFE MUST GO ON..... ASK ALL OF THE OLE SKOOL GROUPS THAT LOST MEMBERS AND KEEP GOING ON...

Anonymous said:
I DONT SEE ANYTHING WRONG WITH IT MYSELF.... MAYBE THE "REALITY" PART TO FIND A REPLACEMENT, BUT LIFE MUST GO ON..... ASK ALL OF THE OLE SKOOL GROUPS THAT LOST MEMBERS AND KEEP GOING ON...

As my elders used to say:
The Temptations were not The Temptations when David Ruffins left. So what do you think about that with TLC?

Anonymous said:
:nod:

I don't know why they said they weren't going to replace 'left eye'. They should have sadi they weren't going to replace here right now.

Deuce said:

Totally, and utterly classless.

Replacing the deceased young lady would have been bad enough, after vowing that you wouldn't. But to do it on a reality TV show?

Wow.

Yeah, they should be ashamed.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Life goes on and those young ladies have to get paid. What else are they going to do? Neither one would do much as a solo artist. Are they supposed to sit back, mourn Lisa, and be broke? Plus they both have kids. They have to put food on the table.

I think they should sign Lil Kim....that way they can keep the L in TLC.

(T-BOZ, LIL-Kim & Chili)

Ohakam said:
I think they should sign Lil Kim....that way they can keep the L in TLC.

(T-BOZ, LIL-Kim & Chili)
Outside of that, who else could they sign to keep the "L" in the name? Or would they change the name?

EyEoFtHeTiGeR said:
As my elders used to say:
The Temptations were not The Temptations when David Ruffins left. So what do you think about that with TLC?

I am not an elder, but when Eddie Kendricks left, thats when they were a different group.

But "Papa Was A Rolling Stone" was their best after they departed. That song was arranged.

Back