Tina Turner

Beyoncé, donning a full Tina (stilettos, big hair, and a sequined, sparkly thingy), performed "Proud Mary." Halfway through the number, in front of an audience that included President Bush, Oprah Winfrey, and La Tina herself, she was noticeably off. There was a mic problem and she was a couple steps behind her backup dancers. It was a live-to-tape TV event, which meant she could do it again.

enhanced-buzz-orig-26437-1387144127-9.jpg

CBS / Getty / Via examiner.com

And Beyoncé being Beyoncé, she did it again. A few minutes later, while Secret Service officers, some appreciative ushers, and two lucky reporters (including me) stood in a mostly emptied concert hall, Beyoncé sang, shimmied, and rolled into the river. When she was done, she looked up and saw Tina still sitting in the presidential box. Tina had, unbeknownst to Beyoncé, stayed for the do-over. Breathless yet giddy, like a student eager to please her teacher, Beyoncé told Tina, "I don't know how you did that. I'm about to pass out!"

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-ioGgZhgNI

Last edited:
Seeing and hearing Tina Turner tell her story in her own words was an experience. We didn't think of her as human, now we do.

I could be wrong, but I'm thinking if you're blessed to reach your eighties there is very little reason to sugar-coat anything. The only way to honestly help others and set them free from their stronghold is with the truth.

Mrs. Anna Mae Bullock's documentary is going to help somebody.

Back