Three former assistants returning to the Jaguars staff.

8130_256.jpg

Mark Orlando, left, TSU's offensive coordinator for two seasons, returns to SU as tight ends coach.

I would have paid for the U-Haul myself or better yet, packed all of his belongings and carried it all on my back to Baton Rouge.

Originally posted by C-LeB28
8130_256.jpg

Mark Orlando, left, TSU's offensive coordinator for two seasons, returns to SU as tight ends coach.

I would have paid for the U-Haul myself or better yet, packed all of his belongings and carried it all on my back to Baton Rouge.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

What was the Offensive Coordinator's name that came with Coach Pete? I think he moved to Chicago. I wish he would return also. Good to hear that those other guys are returning.

I thought orlando was black.No wonder he did not get any consideration at tsu or was he that bad .Was it a lack of talent or bad scheming on his part.

TSU fans can elaborate more since they went to practice often but he appeared too conservative after his first season.

TSU really took to that offense during the 1st season and was poised to do big things. In year 2, the offense regressed and they were relying on the run. Also, the development of the quarterbacks wasn't moving along. Their best QB took 10 steps back in 2003.

Plus, they had teams on the ropes but for odd reasons, they failed to come through. It wasn't talent, TSU had more talent than half the teams in the conference.

Over the years, TSU has never achieved a balance in their offense. It's either great rushing (1998) or great passing (2001). The personnel is there. They only lose 8 seniors and won't have to rely on their recruting class instantly so they will be posied to do something.

They will be picked 3rd ahead of UAPB for the consecutive umpteenth year.

Originally posted by the band fan
get ready for more wide receiver hitches, tunnel screens, draws

Orlando is coming back as tight ends coach. He won't be running the offense.

Terrence Graves is a good pickup for SU. He knows the defense and he knows how to coach young men. He and Cliff Lewis should work well together...they are fire and ice in terms of how they express themselves but both are good coaches and good dudes. I happen to know both of them personally and they are good for any staff. They know how to handle/treat players.

I'm surprised neither hasn't been mentioned as possible head coaches at other institutions. Two Solid Guys!

Originally posted by the band fan
as odd as it sounds...SU coaches prefer to stay under Pete...don't know why....

Pete/SU against the SWAC:
73-14, winning record vs. all nine others :idea:

Back