This week's reading

hassan

La ilaj? ila Al
I know that many folks often endeavor to read the Bible each new year but, by this time of year, many of us have barely gotten past "...and on the seventh day He rested."

I know from experience.

What I have always done though is to open up the good book at random and read whatever lays before me. It never fails that what i have opened up to is exactly what God wanted me to read at that point in my life.

Last night, it was

<font size=5><font color=Green>Romans Chapter 8</font color=green></font size=5>

I was reading a daily devotional given to me by a good friend in Atlanta before I returned to Florida. It was a difficult night for me when I received it just 48 hours into the new year and it was right on time. What I read last night in this little pocket devotional was wonderful and helpful.

One of the scriptural passages it cited in the "lesson" contained therein was Romans 8:28. As I read more beyond that one brief verse, I got so so so much more - what I got was a good good good dose of God's love.

Take a few moments from your day today to read that one chapter from the letter to the Romans and see what I mean. I encourage each of you to do what I plan to do and reread and reflect upon it throughout this week.

God is good ... ALL of the time.

:D

Back