This Is What Life Without Retirement Savings Looks Like

pvdogteam

Who ya rootin' for? PVU
Many seniors are stuck with lives of never-ending work—a fate that could befall millions in the coming decades.

CORONA, Calif.—Roberta Gordon never thought she’d still be alive at age 76. She definitely didn’t think she’d still be working. But every Saturday, she goes down to the local grocery store and hands out samples, earning $50 a day, because she needs the money.

“I’m a working woman again,” she told me, in the common room of the senior apartment complex where she now lives, here in California’s Inland Empire. Gordon has worked dozens of odd jobs throughout her life—as a house cleaner, a home health aide, a telemarketer, a librarian, a fundraiser—but at many times in her life, she didn’t have a steady job that paid into Social Security. She didn’t receive a pension. And she definitely wasn’t making enough to put aside money for retirement....

Scary stuff

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Just make sure you’re not my brother. I’m trying get get at least 8 different income streams. I have a more optimistic view of our generation.

Please share the wealth of knowledge man I too have three incomes but I feel like I can do so much better. I don’t have a family right now. I’m 25 , but I want to take the right steps to get too my 30s as financially stable as I can

When you're in your 20s or 30s without much in the way of retirement savings, it's most certainly a wakeup call, but it's not necessarily cause for panic. After all, at that point, you have multiple decades in the workforce to catch up and boost your savings so that they reach a healthy level.
But when you're only a few years away from retirement, being short on savings is far more problematic. Unfortunately, that's the reality today's baby boomers are facing. In fact, the average boomer only has $136,779 in retirement savings, according to a new survey by real estate company Clever.

Back