This is one of the most amazing request of an HBCU alum I have ever heard....

Jaguar Diehard

I ran across a professor from a well-known HBCU here at work and he made a "request" to help him out. It seems that he not only is teaching at an HBCU, but at a PWC and the AA's there can NOT find any employment opportunities as experienced by the AA's who have graduated from a HBCU.

Now I pondered on this for a while because many of you know that we not only suffer from adversity from many of the so-called "elite" schools, but from within the AA community.

Now I will help out anyone I can when I'm in the position to do so, but I find that for as long as I've been an AA, employers looking for the best AA's NORMALLY searched at HBCU's. Now the tickling thing is this...THEY ACTUALLY FOUND QUALITY PRODUCTS!!! So I have ascertained that they'll keep dippin' "...until the well runs dry!".

I told him I'll do what I can, but I ALWAYS make it a point to let these jokers know (if they are hired) that THEIR boss went to an HBCU and EDUCATE them on the opportunities that ALSO exist there!!! Maybe it was too late for them, but a brother, sister, daughter or son may want to look into what is offered and take a step back to realize that Calculus taught in Timbuktu is the same Calculus taught at an HBCU.

Any thoughts, comments, similar experiences???

I agree with blue.

As for the last statement, I like it but will add a little more.

The same calculus taught in the states is the same that was taught in Timbuktu and ancient Egypt.

Originally posted by Jaguar Diehard
I ran across a professor from a well-known HBCU here at work and he made a "request" to help him out. It seems that he not only is teaching at an HBCU, but at a PWC and the AA's there can NOT find any employment opportunities as experienced by the AA's who have graduated from a HBCU.

Now I pondered on this for a while because many of you know that we not only suffer from adversity from many of the so-called "elite" schools, but from within the AA community.

Now I will help out anyone I can when I'm in the position to do so, but I find that for as long as I've been an AA, employers looking for the best AA's NORMALLY searched at HBCU's. Now the tickling thing is this...THEY ACTUALLY FOUND QUALITY PRODUCTS!!! So I have ascertained that they'll keep dippin' "...until the well runs dry!".

I told him I'll do what I can, but I ALWAYS make it a point to let these jokers know (if they are hired) that THEIR boss went to an HBCU and EDUCATE them on the opportunities that ALSO exist there!!! Maybe it was too late for them, but a brother, sister, daughter or son may want to look into what is offered and take a step back to realize that Calculus taught in Timbuktu is the same Calculus taught at an HBCU.

Any thoughts, comments, similar experiences???

I can't agree with you more.

Back