This is how serious crime is in Memphis right now...

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Only in recent years had I been an advocate of the right to bear arms. I still support the 2nd amendment but we definitely can do better with enforcement. Man this is so messed. Yeah, I know...ish like this has been going on forever in many places.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRX85WFkg3s
What's sad is that governor couldn't care less about that young kid's life, but if it had been written by a young YT girl we would see new laws being written smh

I moved up from working with younger kids in the School System to Higher Ed sometime ago. There were so many many positive experiences for me. However, there were some instances where I know I was trying with all my might to reach out to a youngster who I knew was headed in the wrong direction. I would look in his or her eyes and heart and it just seemed like there was nothing I could do in spite of my best efforts. That strong evil spirit within had such a firm grip. That's what I have been really alerted to as of late. I'm just tired of seeing all this madness.

Last edited:
I have two cousins who are police officers in Memphis and one that's a firefighter. Believe me the stuff they tell us about. It's sad.

There is still a lot of crazy stuff that happens every day....but I just had to post this. Will you check it out? I mean, this is not a bad neighborhood either, but the fact that you have to watch your back when you are outside trimming trees. The nerve of these cats....

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJioisHZM60

I moved up from working younger kids in the School System to Higher Ed sometime ago. There were so many many positive experiences for me. However, there were some instances where I know I was trying with all my might to reach out to a youngster who I knew was headed in the wrong direction. I would look in his or her eyes and heart and it just seemed like there was nothing I could do in spite of my best efforts. That strong evil spirit within had such a firm grip. That's what I have been really alerted to as of late. I'm just tired of seeing all this madness.
It's bad. It is seriously bad. The disrespect, lawlessness, lack of structure, positive drive, thuggery...

Had to end my Outreach Program last fall after 26 consecutive years. Fully funded by self and self's bonuses. I did too much to help guide, mentor, tutor, employ, assist towards schols/coll enrollment, financially assist, et al through the decades. I saved more than was lost so I'm thankful for those success stories.

The icing on the cake was 2-fold last fall. First, earlier 2019, I begged to get this one then 24 y/o employed (record a mile long since early teens). He did okay for 6 mos until he found an enabling decently rich white woman who told him you don't need to work or go to school at that raunchy community college AND, just stay at my house, smoke, play video games, and drive my 2nd volvo where you please. smh Summer 2020, dumbo decided to return to the SAME Subway where he worked and to jack the young white girl for the cash register, his former co-worker. He had a little bitty knife on him and cut the girl on her hand after she called his full name and hit him on the head with a pan, all on camera, his face visible for the world to see, no mask. AA, AA-DW, attempted-murder, and too many other charges were placed on him. He will die in jail. I bent over backwards for him to get that job and I did a lot of work to get him into comm college, w/ his mother's and grandma's much appreciated thanks.

2nd round was dummy #2 brought a gun to my bball court and shot it, after waving the gun across my face, an 8 yr old on one side of me, and then another 15 yr old seated next to me. That was the final straw, among too many others which occurred through the years. Sick and tired of looking at these boys in coffins simply because they do N-O-T listen to wisdom and great, sound advice/advise to help them further their life productively.

I am done. Finished. No desire.

It's bad. It is seriously bad. The disrespect, lawlessness, lack of structure, positive drive, thuggery...

Had to end my Outreach Program last fall after 26 consecutive years. Fully funded by self and self's bonuses. I did too much to help guide, mentor, tutor, employ, assist towards schols/coll enrollment, financially assist, et al through the decades. I saved more than was lost so I'm thankful for those success stories.

The icing on the cake was 2-fold last fall. First, earlier 2019, I begged to get this one then 24 y/o employed (record a mile long since early teens). He did okay for 6 mos until he found an enabling decently rich white woman who told him you don't need to work or go to school at that raunchy community college AND, just stay at my house, smoke, play video games, and drive my 2nd volvo where you please. smh Summer 2020, dumbo decided to return to the SAME Subway where he worked and to jack the young white girl for the cash register, his former co-worker. He had a little bitty knife on him and cut the girl on her hand after she called his full name and hit him on the head with a pan, all on camera, his face visible for the world to see, no mask. AA, AA-DW, attempted-murder, and too many other charges were placed on him. He will die in jail. I bent over backwards for him to get that job and I did a lot of work to get him into comm college, w/ his mother's and grandma's much appreciated thanks.

2nd round was dummy #2 brought a gun to my bball court and shot it, after waving the gun across my face, an 8 yr old on one side of me, and then another 15 yr old seated next to me. That was the final straw, among too many others which occurred through the years. Sick and tired of looking at these boys in coffins simply because they do N-O-T listen to wisdom and great, sound advice/advise to help them further their life productively.

I am done. Finished. No desire.
I remember you telling us that. Sad...very sad.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I barely go out in Memphis. I can't even explain some of the foolishness here. I really do enjoy working with the youth, but we may have lost this generation. The best thing is just to make sure your house is in order, because there really is no helping some of the others.
Naw, this youth isn't lost. I stand on my initial stance. Remove our Suppressors and Oppressors and watch the change.

Back