This Is How Often You Should Restart Your Phone

Olde Hornet

But just how often do we need to shut off our smartphones? As opposed to how often you need to shut down your computer, your smartphone has a more hard and fast rule you should live by: once a week, shut it off, let it rest at least one minute, and then you can fire it back up.

There are multiple reasons why you’re supposed to restart your phone at least once a week, and it’s for a good cause: retaining memory, preventing crashes, running more smoothly, and prolonging battery life.

Let’s talk first about all the apps you use on a daily basis. “In most cases, the app isn’t really closed but rather, it’s put into a state where it can be restarted faster,” says Bob Motamedi, a Los Angeles-based tech consultant. “Now think about how many apps are open, slowly eating memory and battery power on the phone, and think about all those times you’ve thought that your phone drained entirely too fast that day.” Restarting the phone clears open apps and memory leaks, and gets rid of anything draining your battery.

I agree with the idea of turning your phone off occasionally. I had a problem, a few weeks ago, viewing pictures on my smart phone. I solved that problem by turning my phone off for about 2 minutes, and turning it back on.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Back