These Gott Dayum Ants!!!!

SAME OLD G

A product of Greatness
Staff member
These MOFO are kicking my arse! I dun tried everthing...spraying doesn't seem to even work. Its like they be asking me for more.

Any suggestions on what I can do?

Help a brotha out!

Orkin...send help. :(

Some 87-octane Unleaded'll git 'em!!!!!:D

I ain't never seen no ant crawl away from that isht!!!!!!!!

Just don't burn ya crib down...And don't run outta gas either.......

:lmao:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I wish I did know what to tell you, but these ants in Dallas are getting more bout it as the years past:( .

Originally posted by Taylor-Made'90
Some 87-octane Unleaded'll git 'em!!!!!:D

I ain't never seen no ant crawl away from that isht!!!!!!!!

Just don't burn ya crib down...And don't run outta gas either.......

:lmao:

I agree with taylor... Gaz there lil azzez

I called Cook's Pest Control and they killed them all. The agent said due to the fact they were building some habitat houses behind my house stired up the ants. They came into the house.

Ants are a PLAGUE!

There is really nothing you can do. Try every suggestion, but the ants will just regroup and build another hill...but here are some other things that work for awhile:

1. Pour boiling hot water directly on the mound

2. Pour grits, uncooked, don't Al Green 'em :emlaugh:

3. Spray them with pesticide designated for hornets, it's stronger than the ant and roach spray.

Good luck :rolleyes:

Re: Ants are a PLAGUE!

Originally posted by Seeing Spots

2. Pour grits, uncooked, don't Al Green 'em :emlaugh:
Good luck :rolleyes:

Uhh, what do the grits do?? I'm curious.....
But whatever you do, do not pour Chittlin Loaf on the mound..It gives them twice their strength and makes them fornacate and mutliply the mound size..:D :D :D

Solution!

Go to Home Depot and buy a bag of Diazanon (Sp?) It comes in a bag that looks like Bonus S but it's got brown graphics on it. Use the same spreader as you use for your fertilizing. You will see the ain'tbuilding their beds on the outskirts of the area you treated.

If you see the ant bed just drop the treatment directly on the bed, covering it up. You will see them run like "L".

Trust me, this is all you will ever need. But, I also have my lawn sprayed every quarter of the year by pest control. It keeps the worms out of the roots of your grass. I'm gonna miss this grass.....:(

Oh well! I get to do it all over again, Thursday! :nod:

Re: Re: Ants are a PLAGUE!

Originally posted by Makaho Bedrock

Uhh, what do the grits do?? I'm curious.....
But whatever you do, do not pour Chittlin Loaf on the mound..It gives them twice their strength and makes them fornacate and mutliply the mound size..:D :D :D

Makaho,

I saw the grits idea on a gardening show. They said that the ants overeat the grain and it makes them sick and that they die. It was one of those "naturalist" shows that you Republicans call tree huggers. They presented several ways to manage insects in your garden without using chemicals that are harmful to the environment, humans, pets.

I am glad the chitlin loaf is "contained" in Jackson, 'cause it wouldn't be safe to walk outside in BR...ants everywhere doin' the BIG NASTY!

Do what they said above and be persistant.... they will not leave overnight...

I got ant problems too. No matter what I do, them damn things always come back. IF your neighbor ain't treating his yard, they will always move back into yours.

I think Mike pretty much summed it up there ^^^^. Diazanon is some good stuff. Dursban used to be the stuff until the EPA noted that the stuff was showing up in small trace amts in our water supplies. I'd also recommend Malathon (or Malathion sp) for grub worms, etc... I bought the concentrated stuff that you can mix w/ the Diazanon for the end of a sprayer. Be careful though. You don't want to conentrate that mess in one spot. It'll burn your yard while it's burning the bugs. The best time to put the stuff down is 2-3 days before a good raining. I ALWAYS check weather.com for those anticipated days.

I <b>had</b> this problem w/ grub worms/and a mole for a while and didn't know it (brown patches and spots in sparse places in the yards). Jokers were eating the roots of the bermuda and augustine <b>AND</b> this one tree. Tree had dying limbs over the last few years and I couldn't figure out why until ChemLawn brought their pesky arses over and dropped an offer to me. A 55$ per month offer to keep fertilizer and bug killers (MAINLY grub worms since they'd noted it) on my stuff. I got pizzed that VERY day and did Home Depot for 120+$ worth of chemicals. There are so many chemicals in my yards now until even passerbys w/ their dogs won't stop and pee on my mailbox anymore because it smells like a chemical plant. :emlaugh: No more grub worms, no trace of ants, hopefully no underground termite colonies, no more moles, no fleas, no mosquitoes, no more pizzing dogs :emlaugh: ... nothing. The towns' water supply rating should drop dramatically due to what I've done. LOL

That Diazanon and Malathon (sp) should keep the ants away for a very, very long time. Another thing, don't forget to treat during the winter months too. It'll prevent a spring/summer infestation.

Good luck all.

ANTS ARE A "MOFO"

I tried diazon, self-rising yeast, Sevin dust #7 and those products kill the mounds but those sap-suckers just find another spot. A friend who is the grounds keeper for a golf course told me you got to use a spreader or a broadcaster to spread the compound over your entire yard. I am going to try the grits now!

True that. You can't just treat the mound, you've got to treat the entire area. There could be underground colonies that you can't see visibly via a mound or moved dirt.

Broadcast (spray or granuels - I used both) the diaz and mala, it should cure your problems.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Back