There will be wars and rumors of wars.

Bartram

Brand HBCUbian
Was listening to talk radio coming from work today. Micheal Savage, a conservative talkshow host, swears up and down that the U.S. IS GOING to war against Iraq,, again, during Bush's term. He contends it is as good as in the bag, predicting that it will be a U.S. invasion of Iraq, the U.S. will pin Sadam to the wall, he will unleash everything(biological, WMDs) in a last-ditch effort against invading American forces,, and then the U.S. will respond with a limited nuclear attact on Iraq bringing the conflict to an end.

Let's say this does indeed happen,,,, what will the former soviet union do? what will china do? (did you know China has more people in their army than the U.S. has people in this country??) will Iran join forces with Iraq?

Another thing,,,, do you realize that if this is, in fact, the case that many of your former army-ROTC buds in college, friends in the armed forces will be in the mix?

If this will stop terrorism, should it happen?? Man,, it could be getting tight. :(

Bush has to do what he can to stay in power and war is his ONLY ticket. It was the idea of war that placed the American people behind Pres. Bush and allowed him to put other national interests on the backburner. When asked about anything, he never fails to fall back on the war on terror. He will make his move before the next election, maybe on the anniversary of 9/11.

The majority of countries will not go along with a U.S. invasion of Iraq, but their fear will cause them to remain silent or give some meaningless lip service. If this happens, look for massive coups.

If Sadam does have weapons of mass destruction, he would not be a very good leader if he did not use all of his power to defeat his enemies. If this is to be his last stand, then there is no doubt he will go out swinging.

China will not get into a fight unless it is a direct impact on them. Iran will fight with Iraq and I wouldn't count out money from other sources as well. In the anti-American world Sadam is seen as a hero and if he is mad, he is no worse than the countless number of men the masses of Americans love.

The only thing that will stop terrorism is JUSTICE. Sadam's death will only make him a martyr.

America, THE GREAT ANTI-IMPERIALIST AND ANTI-COLONIST.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I would not put it past him. HE is foaming at the mouth to go bomb someone else.

Originally posted by Bartram
Was listening to talk radio coming from work today. Micheal Savage, a conservative talkshow host, swears up and down that the U.S. IS GOING to war against Iraq,, again, during Bush's term. He contends it is as good as in the bag, predicting that it will be a U.S. invasion of Iraq, the U.S. will pin Sadam to the wall, he will unleash everything(biological, WMDs) in a last-ditch effort against invading American forces,, and then the U.S. will respond with a limited nuclear attact on Iraq bringing the conflict to an end.

Let's say this does indeed happen,,,, what will the former soviet union do? what will china do? (did you know China has more people in their army than the U.S. has people in this country??) will Iran join forces with Iraq?

Another thing,,,, do you realize that if this is, in fact, the case that many of your former army-ROTC buds in college, friends in the armed forces will be in the mix?

If this will stop terrorism, should it happen?? Man,, it could be getting tight. :(

I KIND OF EXPECT SOME SORT OF DEPLOYMENT WITHIN THE NEXT COUPLE OF YEARS. I'M IN ROTC AND THE NATIONAL GUARD SO I'M PREPARED TO GO TO WAR IF NEED BE:scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:

Yeah,,, but you know what?

No matter how much you say about Bush,, etc,,,, if this happens, there are going to be many people close to us,, family, college friends, associates that will be going into harm's way.

Up until it happens, you try to stop it, no problemo with that doctrine,,,, but if it goes down, you got to set loyalty priorities don't you think? If it goes down,,, Saddam is going to be trying to kill family and friends. That's when you must choose sides, would you not agree? Mugz just got called up in Alabama where I work and one dude I work with is gonezo.

To further complicate matters,,, is this about Islam vs Christianity? The conservatives say it is and so do some "extremist" Muslims. Islam is a religion of peace though and many in Islam say Islam has been perverted by extremist. :confused: Dis is a dad blame mess.

Well ADog,, sounds like you would concur that this is going to happen,, because if Saddam throws everything at a U.S. invasion,, that WILL unleash the rath of the U.S. armed forces on Iraq.

I wonder what Bush/U.S. would do if Saddam somehow "expired"? Still attack?

It is essential that the U.S. have a hand in the "expiration" of Sadam. If not, Bush would have to play a role in establishing the new leadership in Iraq. Our President can not afford to win the war on terror too quickly. (Sometimes the Boogeyman is good for business.);)

The entire issue was that Sadam would not let the inspectors in to check for nukes. It was said today that if Sadam let them in, it still wouldn't mean anything because he could move the weapons and his labs around. It was also said that Sadam was hiding some of the terrorists. The mood is being set for an invasion which will be fought by blacks, poor whites, and hispanics under the guise of freedom, but in reality it will be an OIL WAR.:(

If you speak up and/or question, then you are either un-American or insane! But it is said that Sadam is full of propaganda!

Originally posted by Attack Dog
Bush has to do what he can to stay in power and war is his ONLY ticket. It was the idea of war that placed the American people behind Pres. Bush and allowed him to put other national interests on the backburner. When asked about anything, he never fails to fall back on the war on terror. He will make his move before the next election, maybe on the anniversary of 9/11.

This is so true. The only way Bush will win the next election if we are at war.

If the U.S. attacks Iraq, this will give China the opportunity to attack Taiwan. I'm willing to bet the house and the car that this will happen if U.S. attacks Iraq. It will also give North Korea an opportunity to attack S. Korea. A lot of people don't realize that the U.S. is not capable, atleast at this time, to fight a two front war. The only thing that is stopping these countries from attacking the other is the U.S. The U.S. backs Taiwan and S. Korea. I don' think Russia is in any condition to fight a full scale war.

I DO THINK THAT COWARDLY GEORGE "DUBYA" BUSH WILL TRY AND INVDE IRAQ SOMETIME IN TH NEAR FUTURE....THE QUESTION IS DO YOU SUPPORT HIM....

I CERTAINLY DO NOT.... AND AS A MUSLIM DO THINK THERE IS A US VS. ISLAM WAR ABOUTTO JUMP OFF FOR REAL!

Originally posted by Anonymous
I DO THINK THAT COWARDLY GEORGE "DUBYA" BUSH WILL TRY AND INVDE IRAQ SOMETIME IN TH NEAR FUTURE....THE QUESTION IS DO YOU SUPPORT HIM....

I CERTAINLY DO NOT.... AND AS A MUSLIM DO THINK THERE IS A US VS. ISLAM WAR ABOUTTO JUMP OFF FOR REAL!

I DON'T SUPPORT BUSH, BUT IF IT COMES DOWN TO IT, I AM PREPARED TO DEFEND MY COUNTRY.:uzi:

Originally posted by Anonymous

I really hope that is not the case. If it is, the U.S. will definitely lose! The U.S. will be fighting a war on too many fronts, even at home! The great oil junkie will go into withdrawal and will be capable of anything! No place in the U.S. would be safe!

Bin Ladan and Saddam learned terrorism from the experts so they could be capable of just about anything!

BEHOLD THE GREAT HYPOCRITE!!!:(

Interesting points, but to some points

If the U.S. attacks Iraq, this will give China the opportunity to attack Taiwan. I'm willing to bet the house and the car that this will happen if U.S. attacks Iraq. It will also give North Korea an opportunity to attack S. Korea. A lot of people don't realize that the U.S. is not capable, atleast at this time, to fight a two front war. The only thing that is stopping these countries from attacking the other is the U.S. The U.S. backs Taiwan and S. Korea. I don' think Russia is in any condition to fight a full scale war.

That's something to think about. I just don't know if China and S Korea would take a chance like that, because there are more interests tied up in, for example, Taiwan than just the U.S. A move on Taiwan could bring a neutral Britian/Europe in as U.S. allies and BOOM ("fast actin' Tinactin"), we got ourselves a third world war.

As for the other comments, I think mrnutthova makes a good point. How da hellO can you be free to express your discontent and protest if you don't have a country to do it in? Everyone's livelihood and families are here. Are you telling me you would support the destruction of the U.S. as we know it, or would you just like to see political/policy change and the preservation of the U.S. to administer that change?

:confused:

we got ourselves a third world war.

Exactly, that's how I feel. If the U.S. attacks Iraq, it will be the start of WW III. This time around, some of the Arab are going to help Iraq. One of the worst things that could happen is for all the Arab countries to joing together and fight. This is what Bin Laden has been trying to do from day one.

That's something to think about. I just don't know if China and S Korea would take a chance like that, because there are more interests tied up in, for example, Taiwan than just the U.S.
China considers Taiwan part of it's country. China is already considering taking Taiwan back by force. The only thing stopping them is the U.S.. China knows if the U.S. gets a strong hold on Taiwan and Taiwan becomes a totally independent nation, it will be a major advantage for the U.S. if war breaks out between the U.S. and China. The two countries are already on a collisiion course.
we got ourselves a third world war.
Exactly, that's how I feel. If the U.S. attacks Iraq, it will be the start of WW III. This time around, some of the Arab countries are going to help Iraq. One of the worst things that could happen is for all the Arab countries to joing together and fight. This is what Bin Laden has been trying to do from day one. Of course, Great Britian will back the U.S. but I don't know about Russia.

Consider this. Saddam Hussein is not an Islamic fundamentalist. Frankly, I really do not think he is part of any religion desite his jesters and actions before the Gulf War. But bin Laden is a fundamentalist, or so they say.

So when Iraq invaded Kuwait, bin Laden wanted to defend Saudi Arabia. But the Saudis got the U.S. instead, which made bin Laden mad (U.S. forces on Islamic holyland). So I do not think that bin Laden and Saddam are buddies. However, with a U.S. invasion of Iraq, I think that that move will do more to unite Saddam and bin Laden than anything else could.

Not If We Attack But When Will We Attack

The word on the street is that it will happen (Attack of Iraq) however, when will we attack is the question. The War Plans have been leaked to the public and DOD is not happy. The Sec Def stated that whoever did it (leaked the plans) should be punished. :redhot: :upset: :angry:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
To the point on leaking plans.

This is very unfortunate. We as are getting to big for our britches, too comfortable, taking situations for granted. That's usually when you experience a bad situation. Why these people do this is beyond me. I don't give a freak what side of the spectrum you are on politically,,,, you owe it to the people in the armed forces to protect their lives. :mad:

Well,, Sadam and Bin may not exactly see eye to eye,, but I think they are on the same page when it comes to the U.S., but is Bin still alive?

Re: To the point on leaking plans.

I don't give a freak what side of the spectrum you are on politically,,,, you owe it to the people in the armed forces to protect their lives. :mad:

Think how many lives would be saved if all these politicians thought like this! Maybe this is one of the reasons Washington warned the American people about political parties.

Back