There has been a lot of Talk About Prisons Lately, Norway Has an Interesting Prison

pvdogteam

Who ya rootin' for? PVU
If Griner went here, she wouldn't come back to America. Norway appears to actually try to rehab their prisoners, they living better than us

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Interesting concept. But I just don't think that would work here in the U.S.

I guess we have too many crazy folk, but seem like 1 time offenders maybe it would fly. There is an employee shortage but they not hiring older workers or felons and the younger generation don't want to work, maybe this would help the gap who knows

Interesting concept. But I just don't think that would work here in the U.S.
It wouldn't work here because our legal system and law enforcement and American culture are built on being punitive.

A person going to jail -- not just prison in the U.S. -- has the potential of leaving a person impoverished, without the ability to secure gainful employment that truly meets their material needs and even housing.

A lot of folks who've been justice-involved can't even vote after having a felony on their record. The U.S. justice system really strips people of their humanity which explains why the recidivism rate is extremely high.

It wouldn't work here because our legal system and law enforcement and American culture are built on being punitive.

A person going to jail -- not just prison in the U.S. -- has the potential of leaving a person impoverished, without the ability to secure gainful employment that truly meets their material needs and even housing.

A lot of folks who've been justice-involved can't even vote after having a felony on their record. The U.S. justice system really strips people of their humanity which explains why the recidivism rate is extremely high.
ABSOLUTELY CORRECT!!!!

Back