There goes the "neighborhood"

MikeBigg

Has anyone seen the what's left of the nation? After sheriff Buddy Lee rode into Mudford last saturday, it's been real quiet over there in Scotlandville. Did Buddy Lee arrest Pete and the
"Lame Horse" Offense?

buddy%20lee.gif

Maybe you have just been enclosed in Lorman or Grambling, but the Nation hasn't gone anywhere. Look around. We have talked about that "performance" all around here.

I think some peeps are on pins and needles about a certain player though. I just figure SU is gonna have to go on either way and imrove greatly to beat APB.

If you really think we aren't here, check out BT's thread on representing after a loss ..... we're mad as hell at a number of things, but we are still here!

What the matter you got Southern on the brain. Did not I read a post where you accused us of worrying about Greatmess too much?

Let me congratulate the G-men on that overwhelming display of offensive firepower on Saturday night. I see Duh Duh finally got that running game in gear. Brad Hill even took one to the house on a 52 yard run. Greatmess rushing game was really in high gear running a total of 90 yards against the Mighty Braves. The G-men warned us that Hymes would not miss Scotty. The air attack looked awesome 15-35 for 191 yards. Yes the Jags got work to do but the G-Men is in mid-season form.

The Jaguar Nation is not going anywhere. I know 2 SWAC teams that could not even score 7 points.

Thags, do you realize that a loss to the Pinehuskers means thay your season is over? This must be a record.

----------------
"It ?s very important to black college football for Grambling to be good," says Florida A&M coach Billy Joe, whose Rattlers play Grambling in Cincinnati on Sept. 15. "It's fitting that Grambling is always in the upper echelon of HBCUs. For Grambling not to be competitive would take just a little bit of a spark out of HBCUs. The fact that Doug has them back adds to the aura of black college football."

Says Hampton athletic director Dennis Thomas: "If you play Grambling in Cincinnati, the casual fan will come to see them. When we played Grambling in New York, we never had a bad crowd. It helps in terms of revenue and name recognition. When you play Grambling your name is out there, and that's good for your institution."

Man GSUpe the Sags play @ Bama St, @ Tulane, @ JSU, @ F'U and @ tissue. Looks like their season is over already. Another 5-6 season is the best Pete can hope for.

JST,
Now you know it don't matter where SU plays in the SWAC. The Nation going to take over like we always. The only exception you named is those snakes FAMU. We can't get enough tickets and its no guarantee if you buy a ticket you will get in the game, or get a seat if you manage to get in the gate.

If a person came to the game in Jackson not knowing anything about the teams playing, JSTank bench was not on the press box side, and the rebel flag wasn't flying that person would think it was Southern home game. As someone said MS Veterans Memorial has been renamed Mumford North. The same holds true for Alabama St., and Texas Southern. I can't recall the last time we been out numbered or lost to either team in our homes away from home in Mobile and Houston. As for as Toolimp just ask Greatmess who home is the DOME.

So if you really look at it playing on the road at Jackson, Mobile, Houston, and New Orleans is not a disadvantage for the Jags. The Nation will be in full force and effect. You can write the Jags off just as you did last time the Nation invaded Jackson. Somebody got embarrassed!

I admit that y'all bring a crowd to Jackson. By no means do you outnumber Jacksonians. Y'all just go out and wear the same colored tee shirt. Anyway, if y'all don't get better fast, fans won't follow that team down the street. Hey, I'd love to see y'all in effect on Oct. 13 following a team with one or two wins.

Hey, I'd love to see y'all in effect on Oct. 13 following a team with one or two wins.
You can un-cross your fingers, and get up off your knees that only going to happen in your dreams.

Sorry Robber, The jags can be 0 and whatever and we gonna bring the crowd to Jackson. You can talk about "We wear the same color shirts" all you want, we will have you out-numbered in Jacktown in your own damn stadium, just like we did last time we came. And you better tell anyone from jackson that usually sits on the visitors side that they better move or shut the hell up.

Originally posted by PAPAJAG
What the matter you got Southern on the brain. Did not I read a post where you accused us of worrying about Greatmess too much?

Let me congratulate the G-men on that overwhelming display of offensive firepower on Saturday night. I see Duh Duh finally got that running game in gear. Brad Hill even took one to the house on a 52 yard run. Greatmess rushing game was really in high gear running a total of 90 yards against the Mighty Braves. The G-men warned us that Hymes would not miss Scotty. The air attack looked awesome 15-35 for 191 yards. Yes the Jags got work to do but the G-Men is in mid-season form.

:snicker: :p

For the life of me I cant figure out how you have 17K at a home game, but somehow you have 35K at a JSU home game. YOu dont outnumber us in Jackson and that is a fact.

Just because you guys get there first, cause you are not use to sitting in a stadium with good seats, that doesnt mean that you aoutnumber us.

WE ARE JACKSON STATE UNIVERSITY
The biggest draw in 1AA football
Just ask Chicago, (that didnt invite you back)
Just ask B'Ham, (that hasnt had a decent game since we left)
Just ask Memphis,(that is about to be invaded by JSU again)

Leave it alone kie. Do you bring a crowd, sho nuff. But you dont compare to the 1-0 Jackson State Tigers.

Mike:
You guys won the game but gave up a whooping 300+ yards passing to Alcorn. Unless Alcorn improved quite a bit (I doubt that), GSU has more worries than SU this year.

Seriously... I didn't see any great performances in the SWAC last Saturday. 4 teams won against teams with a combined 5 wins last year... Nothing to write home about.

Originally posted by J-State Tiger
PJ Tell us again how you only get 25K to drive up to scotlandville, but get 35K to drive to jackson.:emlaugh:

The stadium ain't big enough in Baton Rouge.

Lawd, I dun heard it all now......ROTF

Originally posted by Get Ready

Just because you guys get there first, cause you are not use to sitting in a stadium with good seats, that doesnt mean that you aoutnumber us.

:dun plumb fell out:

:emlaugh:

Originally posted by Jag Voice
Seriously... I didn't see any great performances in the SWAC last Saturday.
Glad I'm not the only one who figured that out.

Oh well, there's only one team in the SWAC that hasn't played yet.

|
|
|
|
|
V

Originally posted by Jag Voice

Seriously... I didn't see any great performances in the SWAC last Saturday. 4 teams won against teams with a combined 5 wins last year... Nothing to write home about.
How many performances did you see on saturday?

Back