The Worst Schools in the U.S. (HBCU schools)

I agree! I was really stunned to know how expensive those HBCU private schools were in comparison to the average of the salaries of their graduates. I also didn't know that most of them were bachelor-only programs.

The reason why there are so many lists being created ranking schools based on their return on investment (ROI). Due to SU's inexpensive tuition cost and programs that are in high demand, such as engineering, it would rank high on most list. Ironically, Louisiana Tech is currently in the process of helping Louisiana College (LC), a small private Baptist school in Pineville, LA develop an engineering program. I'm sure once LC has a fully accredited engineering program, it would drastically increase the school's ROI. The only common bond I can see between Louisiana Tech and LC is that they both share the same Baptist congregation. As HBCUs, it would be nice if SU could help Grambling develop an engineering program.

View: https://youtu.be/ACajo03TBLc

Last edited:
Sorry, I can go on all day about the business of higher education. Working at the Dept for that stint made me really understand that economics of college. Quite frankly, a lot of our private HBCU's aren't really getting great ROI when you break down the math. People get mad at Morehouse and Spelman for all the money they get donated but their graduates are doing really well. They are choosing to have smaller enrollments and be more selective.

Our public HBCU's are usually a better deal when you look at ROI. Going forward, you are not going to be able to charge 20k+ a year as a college and people look up and see your graduates are struggling to get decent jobs and make money. The market will either force you to change your model or close and quite frankly, it should.

Not so! Our prez has never been arrested for prostitution. As a matter of fact, it is an extreme rarity to hear a college president being arrested for such a street crime. Way to go Big Blue!
Listen man .... this is a fact... your president just haven’t got caught up yet and let’s hope it stay that way... show me one HBCU who don’t have some internal issues with money smuggling or sex scandals being swept under the rug... I’ll wait...

if you really want to go there, SU got several of them.... now what is fact is SUcks former band director catching a plee deal on federal charges... but he ain’t the first thief... sho won’t be the last.. as I said , glass house... know your place SUcks.

Listen man .... this is a fact... your president just haven’t got caught up yet and let’s hope it stay that way... show me one HBCU who don’t have some internal issues with money smuggling or sex scandals being swept under the rug... I’ll wait...

if you really want to go there, SU got several of them.... now what is fact is SUcks former band director catching a plee deal on federal charges... but he ain’t the first thief... sho won’t be the last.. as I said , glass house... know your place SUcks.

I am not into bashing hbcus! Of course, all of us have our problems! What I was saying is that our President/Chancellor is a noble, honest, astute educator who had not been, and would never get caught up in a street prostitution sting of the kind made widely known by the ex-JSU administrator.

Trump is making sure for- profit schools are well taken care of.

surprised SUcks ain’t on that list ... they got former band directors turned federal prisoners, professors having intercourse with students, and a board that is just as corrupt as our current president.... that glass house SUcks live in is a mother I’ll tell you what...

Tread lightly frat. Pot meet kettle.

We should keep in mind who is making these surveys and what their overall intent is......more often than not, it is some far right wing persons or groups representing right-wing tax protesters who is looking for some way to help disenfranchise or put down another group???????

That old white man's ploy of getting them to put each other down and in-fighting each other while they use their words AND our own words against us.............I'm just saying.........

We should keep in mind who is making these surveys and what their overall intent is......more often than not, it is some far right wing persons or groups representing right-wing tax protesters who is looking for some way to help disenfranchise or put down another group???????

That old white man's ploy of getting them to put each other down and in-fighting each other while they use their words AND our own words against us.............I'm just saying.........

36E9CB2F-AC04-43E7-9ACD-890474A56957.jpeg

Back