The WIZ

SONNY

The Future of Omega!!!!
Was this one of the BEST musicals (movies) ever?
I bought a copy from BESTBUY this past weekend and it was GREAT!!!!!
The songs were excellent!!!!

Micheal couldn't be touched back in the day. "You Cant Win" :bowdown:

What was your favorite part of the movie??

BandFan said:

Micheal couldn't be touched back in the day. "You Cant Win" :bowdown:

Man I love that joint. Watch it at least 3 times a year.

My favorite part (can't remember the exact dialogue)

Lion: When I was growing up my mama said to me, "Fleet!!!"

Dorothy, Scarecrow and Tin Man: Fleet???

Lion (with attitude): That's my name. Fleetwood Coupe Deville.

That scene and Mike singing "You Can't Win", the crows national anthem.

Any scene with them ugly flying monkeys on the motorcycles! :lol:

And Nipsy Russell as the tinman singing, "Slide some oil to me, and let it trickle down my spine. If you don't have... STP... Crisco will do just fine!"

:lol: I was just watching this movie sunday.....

My favorite part was the song "Easy on down the road" and Micheal Jackson singing "You can't win".

Besides watching gsu game tapes i watch this every night before i go to bed.this is the best musical ever made. the rhythm this movie has is unbelievable.mj was the truth in this one.superstars are abound. btw .who is that playing the lion . i thought for years it was uncle phil from fresh prince.this movie is the bomb. if you don't have it go get it.pryor was great in this movie as well.

SLT said:
Any scene with them ugly flying monkeys on the motorcycles! :lol:

And Nipsy Russell as the tinman singing, "Slide some oil to me, and let it trickle down my spine. If you don't have... STP... Crisco will do just fine!"
I went all over Jackson and found the soundtrack to that joint. Even tortured Get Ready and Battle Cat on the way to Grambling by playing it. They thought I was crazy.

I bet teh soundtrack is real music all over. mj was a singing mofo back then. nimpsy russell was on point too with his song. that witch was a ugly mofo in the wiz. they looked like slapped straight donkey feces on here face for make-up.dayum she had a fat booty. ol baptist church booty!!!!!!!

jelli said:
:lol: I was just watching this movie sunday.....

My favorite part was the song "Easy on down the road" and Micheal Jackson singing "You can't win".

HECK YEAH....

I must agree with stc 60(believe it or not)....Truly the WIZ was a MASTERPIECE....There will never be another one like it!!

btw...my favorite scene...."I WANT TO BE SEEN IN GREEN...WOULDN'T BE CAUGHT DEAD IN RED!"

BTW...the Lion was played by Ted Ross(no relation to Diana) and also played the Lion in the Broadway version as well.

"Don't nobody bring me...NO BAD NEWS!!"

"You've....got to be seen, green....wouldn't be caught dead, red"

I had a roommate once that watched The Wiz at least every other day.

2nd favorite song....tie

You can't win...(Michael Jackson)

If I could feel...(Nispey Russell)

Is it me or were those the Emotions or the Jones Girls singing behind him??

BandFan said:

Micheal couldn't be touched back in the day. Plus, he was black and you'd really think he was actually attracted to the chic who played the supporting actress. "You Cant Win" :bowdown:

Dang, it's like that? :lmao:

BandFan said:
My song was "MEAN Ole LION" by Ted Ross.

classic movie/play.
Trivia Buffs: Wasn't he the guy that played George Jeffereson's friend from the Army that Louise needed to get a permit from in order for the Rec center to stay open?

jelli said:
Trivia Buffs: Wasn't he the guy that played George Jeffereson's friend from the Army that Louise needed to get a permit from in order for the Rec center to stay open?

:nod2: :lol:

Mayflower the Gayflower...:lol:

The seven fleet, the seven fleet. we're the guys that can't be beat!

Back