The Way I See it...(smack version)

Get Ready

Everybody wants to read a damn magazine to tell them about what is going on in the SWAC. These people couldnt tell you where a SWAC school is located if the ink from their magazines depended on it. Well Ima gonna tell you the real about what is going to happen in the SWAC this year and why. Here we go:

SWAC West

1. Southern....I have been saying for years now that Pete Richardson is not the coach people think he is. Well last year he proved it. I would like to see SU win a couple of non-conference games for a change, but the are going to get kicked to sleep and embarrassed once again by their non-conference schedule. SU is going to once again be weak on defense, but may get by with a nice offense (if Levy has finally learned how to hit the side of a barn with the ball.) Their toughest West games are going to be PB, SU may still be shell shocked from last years McKissic and Johnson performance, and on the road at TSU. A victory in the BC bolts them into the SCG with a 7-4 record.

2. Grambling....may have a better record than SU but they will lose to SU and JSU to keep them out of the SCG. If the offense was piss poor last year, get ready for a worser performance this year with no Scotty. The defense should be solid, but good defense wont get them over the top this time.

3. TxSU....memo to Thomas.....the football season is 11 games long, not 7 games, 11 games. In order for this team to have any success they must keep Lamb healthy. Lamb is far and away the best QB in the West so the Tigers should upset some folk this time. They are going to beat SU or GSU.

4. APB.....Needs to learn that the season is 11 games and not 2 games long.

5. PV....may cancel their program after JSU leaves in Nov.

East

1 JSU....The SWAC is not ready for what JSU is about to open this year. With star player like TC Taylor, L. Story, and Kent returning, JSU will return to dominance. Not to mention players like McLaurin, Lawrence, Travis, Goss and Manning in the line up making the talent overwhelming. The offensive and defensive line have improved leaving no weak spots on the team. There is no one close.
2 Bama...Bama is returning a good core of offensive players, but Cole has never cared about about putting a respectable defense on the field. Their visit to JSU will determine the SCG participant from the east. JSU will win this shootout.
3. Alcorn/0-7....The winner of this game will determine third place as Alcorn has made good improvements to their team. 0-7 failed to do anything to improve a weak offense and they may be playing the same silly defense as last year. Alcorn has a moral victory over 0-7 in 2000, and may get over the hump with an exciting new QB and OC.

0-7 will be out of the SWAC East hunt by the end of September with a loss to TSU and JSU. After SU blows them away for homecoming (again), who knows how many on-side kicks Cooper will call to prove that he really can coach.

4. Valley may cancel their program after JSU leaves. This aint gonna be pretty.

Do you think Grambling will ever be able to win a BC? This situation is getting sad. I am not picking GSU to win the West until they prove they can get over the SU hump. How many time do we have to watch GSU just go to NO and bend over for SU as if they were some god. This is past sad and pathetic. If they didnt do it last year, the certainly are not going to do it this year. Its the same thing over and over and over and over. Grambling wont be able to back its way in this time. This team will finally have to get some nutts.

Despite the rantings of lunacy that's coming from Spam Country, GSU did not "back" into the championship game. GSU was the only team in the SWAC that played all SWAC games. Unfortunately, we lost the BC to SU. Fortunately, we had won ALL remaining SWAC games and had already clinched the Western Division title.

Unlike JSU, who 'backed' out of the SCG by giving up on average 30 plus points per game. Until some changes are made in your program, the record will get progressively worse. In the three years since Hughes has been at the helm, JSU's record has gotten worse. By the same token, GSU has shown constant improvement under Doug Williams. The BC series will take care of itself. We don't make excuses...SU won the games on the field.

I still predict that GSU will win the SCG. On paper we should go undefeated...but that's always tough to do. But I will predict wins over both JSU and SU and a repeat of the SWAC championship.

Mike,

Hughes has only been the HC two years and he as produced 9-3 and 7-4 seasons. Doug has only one win over Hughes in two years and Pete is ties with Hughes. The rest are below Hughes. Yet, Hughes has been put on the hotseat. That is what we expect at JSU. This the difference between JSU and the rest of you.

This debate won't end until JSU puts our foot up your arses. This won't be a 7-4 season.

SU's offense will be explosive this year, I think everyone in the SWAC knows this.

The Defense will be better than last year as well.

SU/JSU will be a battle as usuall. SU will prevail though.

One of the biggest games for SU this year will be Texas Southern.

TSU should be tuff this season. They will be out for revenge b.c SU embarasses them in Mumford last year. I believe the score was 28-0 at halftime. The game will be in Houston this year, and it should sell out Robertson Stadium. The winner of this game will represent the WEST in the SCG.

Gram, will bend over as usual in the BC. NO is Southern second home. Gram has lost all respect in the city of New Orleans. Doug and Calvin Spears will once again cry after the game.

*snicker*

I think some of you know football and some of you know SWAC football. I won't speak about Texas Southern so I won't seem biased to all.

Carry on. True Blue you were saying....

Will Doug send one of his scrubbs on the field to fight to get Hayes kicked out of the game, or will he try to win a game like a man for a change. What will he do?

Gr............You speaketh not with your Brain???

Gr.........

I don't think you believe any of the isht you started this thread with!!

There seems to be a lot of wishful thinking and a whole boat load of that stuff from Columbia being passed around among the jsue faithful.

See you in Huntsville on Sep 29, 2001 and please remember...................Don't take that arse whooping personal!!

Hughes has only been the HC two years and he as produced 9-3 and 7-4 seasons. -- courtesy of TP

And as Big Mike quoted, this is progressively worse.

The main idea that the posters are missing is that Grambling has a super-abundance of talent (on both sides of the ball), whereas no team can match this (unless you look at SEC teams). Unlike other programs, Doug inherited nothing when he got to Gram, and in his third year he came within a 2 pt conversion of going undefeated in the conference. On the other hand, Buffalo had not reached the rock bottom stage Grambling did. As a result, Buffalo has not won a championship since 1996.

The spunk of the Buffalo posters is truly amazing. In my opinion, to surrender 50 pts to PB is as uncommon as scoring 95 pts in collegiate football game (i.e Houston over SMU in the run and gun days). I would be shamed to post Grambling cheated when your team gave up 332 passing yds in the second half alone. I would be shamed to post if my team finished 7th or 8th in the SWAC in attendance. I would shamed to post if my team lost to TxSU @ home when my team was picked to go to the SCG. I would be shamed to post if I had to hope for a Valley win (this is eternal shame).

West:

Grambling.

Dominating defense (see 2nd halves of the BC, SCG, and all others in 2000.) The G-MEN have the best front seven in the SWAC. If I had to pick the best secondary, I would pick the G-MEN too, because mainly of Denmark Reed and Kalvin Pearson. My guess is that teams will average less than 14 pts a game against the Icon of BCF. Dantle Newell was given a medical redshirt from alst season (he was a starter last year, and a preseason 1st All-SWAC DLineman). A player of his caliber, who would start on any team in the SWAC, may have to sit on the bench because of our depth.

Offense:

After having an impressive TD/int ratio, passing yardage, completion percentage (over 50% -- if I am not mistaken), and most importantly the best win/loss ratio for a starting QB -- Randy Hymes or any G-MAN QB is destined for success because of the system. All of Doug's QBs have been amongst the elite in qbacking. Levi Washington, Ellis Spears, Kendrick "Flash Gordon" Shanklin, and a host of pivotal G-MEN will guide the 2001 campaign as one of the most explosive in Grambling's storied history.

Southern U

Pete can talk all he wants that his defense has improved. Pete can not recruit. His early success was only because Grambling was in transition. Period. Pete has to be the best motivater in the SWAC. He gets the best out of nothing. His teams have heart, and because of this he would keep Southern above the water. I hope he upgraded to a 15 yd out pass this season. Southern U is in trouble in November.

TSU

The defense is still ahead of its offense. The offense still lacks the explosion, but TSU is not far away. Still lights years behind Grambling in terms of talent on both sides the ball, but will beat Southern in H-town.

PB

Get some balance. Only Nebraska can do what you do.

PV

See you in Dallas.

:( sad:(

GSup:

Homeboy, I know you really don't think that go for 2 Doug, is a better Coach than Pete.

Pete, has NEVER lost a game to Grumbling since he started Coaching at SU.

Has made Eddie Cry and and Doug want to fight last year.

Bruh, just expect another ARSE whipping in the BC once again this year.:D

Originally posted by GSUperTiger

Pete can not recruit. His early success was only because Grambling was in transition. Period.

Dude this is sad. I wish you would have said...."The only reason Pete keeps beating Grambling is because he scores more points than Grambling."

8 years...8 damn years....This is no longer a rivalry, just an event.

It's not that Pete's a better coach. Just more experienced in handling BC pressure. The first two years, Pete had superior talent and depth. He did a great job of regrouping his team and pulling off the victory. Last year, I give Pete his props. His team was the underdog and he came in with a game plan that worked--barely, but it still worked. Doug helped with his impatience and overanxiousness. He knew he had the better team...rather than control the game, he came out too emotional. When he and the team settled down, it almost pulled off the win...but to Pete's credit he was able to get the "W".

But, if I'm to accept your logic...that would mean that Billy Joe is a better coach than Pete. At least the games in the BC have been
competitive. The FAMU games have been over in the first possession. Does that mean Billy Joe is a better coach than Pete?
If you follow that line of thinking, what about Doug beating Billy Joe in the CCC?

I just can't picture JSU emerging out of the SWAC East. In addition to the two defeats they will get from SU and GSU ( a double digit win by GSU), the Sippian natives will be restless.

SU: The jaguar nation usually takes over the Section 8 stadium whenever they go to Jackson. Although DK loves to swing from jaguars fuzzies about the BC, until last year they had been "touching their toes" on a regular basis. I even recall two losses in one year, despite having two first round draft picks... and a backup qb that was "according to them" better than Michael Vick.

GSU: After leasing the tiggers to SU for a while, GSU served notice that we were serving "repo" papers on these simps from Sippi! All you've been hearing is "the refs", the "field goal", etc.
The truth of the matter is, their dumbazz coach allowed the halftime clock to run out by calling a stupid draw play from inside the 10yd line with less than 13 seconds to play. Instead of putting the game away, he left his pants down and we "rammed it home" in the second half.

Bama State: Cole is still pissed that JSTANK chose to keep a dayum laundry man instead of him for the head job. The reason?
He despises Pete Richardson. Cole knows that when Bama State starts beating the Jaguars, he will be dropped from the schedule faster than you can say "NICHOLS STATE". If he was coaching at JSU, the jaguars would be forced to keep the series because of fan pressure. This plus the fact that he will outcoach Hughes and outscore Asberry (still learning) will mean a 14 point win for the Hornets.

A&M: Cooper will wisely stay away from offensive play calling. It's not his strong suit. But the man can put together a defensive package to keep Kent scrambling and getting up off his back. Seeds of doubt will have set in by now. Hughes will want to blame Asberry in order to save his job. Shannon didn't leave just because Troy State came calling...he knew there would be a "housecleaning" (no pun intended against the Head Custodian...er Coach) after this season.

4 conference losses will mean the absence of JSU in the SCG. If yall play UAPB again, you're talking about 5 losses. It's gonna be so ironic that Hughes might save Thomas's job this year!

now who riding the monkies' nuttz. Maybe Alcorn's Shameless Braves? This Sippi group is sad, thank you for bringing this to my attention Sir Mike Bigg.:D :D :D :D

Mike

Are you picking against JSU? Ooh no..What is we gone do?
I keep forgetting how objective you are.

Michael McDonald send help

It's not that Pete's a better coach. Just more experienced in handling BC pressure. The first two years, Pete had superior talent and depth.

So you are saying that Pete is not a better coach than Doug, he is just more experienced at eliminating 21 point deficits in the second half than Doug? Is that what you are saying?

Lets sseeeee....If I hear one more excuse from you or Gsup I think Im going to puke. You cant beat SU because you are not the team you think you are. Kent exposed you, but thats neither here not there because he is superior. Levy got some lucky bounces, but its still obvious that your team lacks heart and drive. Maybe thats the department that Doug lacks. You have no offense nor have you even developed an offensive concept, but Doug is an excellent coach right?

When Superman gets thru with yall this year, it is really going to be sad.

Oh yeah....Joe is a better coach than Pete and Doug. If you cant admit that, then.....

Oh Well

Beware...hide the "jewels"

Thanks GR... I appreciate your views:

Attn: All Non-Mafia Posters

My fellow posters. Please be advised to guard your valuables. Especially your "Jewels". There is certain coalition of posters that
have shown an increasing propensity to grab on to the "jewels" of other programs in an attempt to smack. That happens when a school program has "DK'd" to the extent of the school that plays it's home game in a SECTION 8 facility, finished 3rd in the LEast
Division, gave up 50pts to the 4th place team in the West Division, and is gaining the reputation as being the biggest
NUTTZ swingers in BCF.

Please beware of these folk...but pity them as well! (They ain't got no nutts of dey own"

I guess the Mafia"s has finnally been exposed for the frauds they really are. They have been swinging off Monkey Nuttz for the past two years. That inferior athletic program will be exposed to. :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

As i said before it is a major difference between smacking and out right lying.

Back