The War On Terror, Clarification Please.

Bartram

Brand HBCUbian
Much to do about "the war on terror",,, blasting the Taliban/Al qui da network to smithereens, taking the fight to anyplace around the world that sponsors terrorism(ERRRRRRR Iraq, Palestine.).

Will the war on terror include:

Ireland and the IRA?

The United States and the anti-goverment militias/skinheads/KKK/WAR? I mean,,, after all, it was Timothy McVey, a U.S. citizen, a former member of our own armed forces, that attacked OK City killing scores of innocent civilians.

Is the mofia/mob/gangs in the U.S. and around the world considered a terror? Sure the hell seems like it to me; killing mugz, chopping them up, putting them in barrels of concrete and dropping them into the river,,, drive-by shootings,,, what's the difference between this and what Osama's boys did????:confused:

uuuh-i'm guessing there will be exceptions made for these groups.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

That is very true. This act of terrorism was brought to the fore front of daily life. Since it was a direct threat to Bush and his peeps he is going to take action. Every day "urban terrorist" raise the body count but we are still bombarded by the so called war on terror. Yeah it doesn't make much sense.:confused: :confused: :confused:
Jaggin' little thrill

Originally posted by Bartram
Much to do about "the war on terror",,, blasting the Taliban/Al qui da network to smithereens, taking the fight to anyplace around the world that sponsors terrorism(ERRRRRRR Iraq, Palestine.).

Will the war on terror include:

Ireland and the IRA?

The United States and the anti-goverment militias/skinheads/KKK/WAR? I mean,,, after all, it was Timothy McVey, a U.S. citizen, a former member of our own armed forces, that attacked OK City killing scores of innocent civilians.

Is the mofia/mob/gangs in the U.S. and around the world considered a terror? Sure the hell seems like it to me; killing mugz, chopping them up, putting them in barrels of concrete and dropping them into the river,,, drive-by shootings,,, what's the difference between this and what Osama's boys did????:confused:

uuuh-i'm guessing there will be exceptions made for these groups.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

It could include taking them out but what do you think organizations like the Liberal Media, the ACLU and other Civil Liberty organizations would do?
Look at how organizations flipped when the government went into Ruby Ridge and shot up a bunch of White Supremacists....
Look at how organizations flipped when the government went into Waco and killed women and chlidren.
What do you call COINTELPRO?
Bill Clinton and Janet Reno sent the same sized force you would raid a drug house "twice" it's size when they went in to get Elian gonzalez out......and you see what the media did.

But guess, what....the mob,mafia,gangs,kkk,skinheads all have one thing in common...they are American.

Yeah you can kill them but see what happens....
A black gang member and former fellon wit a rap sheet a mile long can run down the street after a carjacking and get gunned down by white police and every brutha would want to riot and take out some white folks.

O.J. Simpson got aquitted for murder in this country and white people raised hell like aint no brutha ever been convicted for a crime in the entire history of this country.

When Timothy McVey was executed white liberals opposed to the death penalty stood ouside with candles and protested against the event.
Our greatest strength (freedom of speech and expression) is also our greatest weakness sometimes.

So what do you think will happen if we start bombing crack houses in South Central L.A. or White Supremacist compounds in Washington and Oregon?

Personally, Im down with it...I believe a terrorist is a terrorist is a terrorist. That's why I own 6 assault rifles. Cuz guess what, Dialing 911 just don't work.

Those are some very good points B. Let's understand that the media is as liberal as the conservative companies who own them.

Uhh, I dont think so !!!!

Originally posted by EB
Those are some very good points B. Let's understand that the media is as liberal as the conservative companies who own them.

If you consider Gannet or any media outlet owned or once by Ted Turner, Conservative you are mistaken. They are as far to the left in their reporting as they can be.

What about Murdock and Fox? How about GE and NBC? Have you seen the news on CNN lately? To my understand Ted Turner does not run CNN anymore.

Rubby Ridge, Waco People are/were idiots.

what do you think organizations like the Liberal Media, the ACLU and other Civil Liberty organizations would do?
Look at how organizations flipped when the government went into Ruby Ridge and shot up a bunch of White Supremacists....
Look at how organizations flipped when the government went into Waco and killed women and chlidren.
What do you call COINTELPRO?
Bill Clinton and Janet Reno sent the same sized force you would raid a drug house "twice" it's size when they went in to get Elian gonzalez out......and you see what the media did.

Right-wing conservatives were screaming bloody murder over Ruby Ridge, Waco and Elian as loud or louder than the ACLU or any liberal org. The Rush Limbaughs, Michael Reagans, Neil Bortz, Jeff Savages and even sports talk show Limbaugh wanna-bees like Poppa Doc Shavalia were virtually calling for an uprising in this country. To this day they still won't let it go. They were no different that southern governors/politicians during the height of the civil rights movement who whipped the illiterate, uneducated masses into a frenzy through shear rhetoric and demagogery.

And the Elian thing was just plane STUPID. Who da freak cares where some idiot kid goes to live??? WHO CARES??!! I tell you who; nobody but right-wing conservatives and left-wing liberal politicians having a political pissing contest. The whole thing was/is just stupid; showing this idiot and his family on tv every stinking night,,, it was just plain stupid and nothing more than a clash of ideology.

In the Waco thing,,,, look,,, "the system" always tells negroes, "if you don't have anything to hide, then there's no problem. road blocks, personnal searches are just precautions. follow the rules, adhear to procedure and everything will be alright". Well,, why didn't that apply to this loser idiot David Koresh and his lemmings?? Double-standards.

As far as O.J. goes,,, i personnally think O.J. got over big time, but O.J. and his lawyers simply WORKED WITHIN THE SYSTEM. That's precisely what the establishment has been telling negroes to do; work within the system. well,,, Johnny Cochrane did, O.J. got over, scoreboard, end of story. Get over it angry "whites"; you have been doing the same thing for centuries.

I'd say the only reason these cases got so much attention was because of the administration in office at the time and the far right-wing conservative element was using all these cases just like Wallace used the race card in Alabama in the 50s and 60s to galvanize a voter block.

Re: Rubby Ridge, Waco People are/were idiots.

Originally posted by Bartram

Right-wing conservatives were screaming bloody murder over Ruby Ridge, Waco and Elian as loud or louder than the ACLU or any liberal org. The Rush Limbaughs, Michael Reagans, Neil Bortz, Jeff Savages and even sports talk show Limbaugh wanna-bees like Poppa Doc Shavalia were virtually calling for an uprising in this country. To this day they still won't let it go. They were no different that southern governors/politicians during the height of the civil rights movement who whipped the illiterate, uneducated masses into a frenzy through shear rhetoric and demagogery.

And the Elian thing was just plane STUPID. Who da freak cares where some idiot kid goes to live??? WHO CARES??!! I tell you who; nobody but right-wing conservatives and left-wing liberal politicians having a political pissing contest. The whole thing was/is just stupid; showing this idiot and his family on tv every stinking night,,, it was just plain stupid and nothing more than a clash of ideology.

In the Waco thing,,,, look,,, "the system" always tells negroes, "if you don't have anything to hide, then there's no problem. road blocks, personnal searches are just precautions. follow the rules, adhear to procedure and everything will be alright". Well,, why didn't that apply to this loser idiot David Koresh and his lemmings?? Double-standards.

As far as O.J. goes,,, i personnally think O.J. got over big time, but O.J. and his lawyers simply WORKED WITHIN THE SYSTEM. That's precisely what the establishment has been telling negroes to do; work within the system. well,,, Johnny Cochrane did, O.J. got over, scoreboard, end of story. Get over it angry "whites"; you have been doing the same thing for centuries.

I'd say the only reason these cases got so much attention was because of the administration in office at the time and the far right-wing conservative element was using all these cases just like Wallace used the race card in Alabama in the 50s and 60s to galvanize a voter block.

Yep, you proved my point exactly Bartram. The origional question was were we gonna combat terrorism here like we doing it there...
And in so many words you answered my question....."NO"
As I stated before, our greatest strength as a nation is also our greatest weakness. No matter what action you take on any level is always meet with opposition.

For those of you that have not had the benefit like I have had to live in 6 different countries...I have seen the stark contrast in other places in the world. I lived in Saudi Arabia....In the U.S.A. we have seperation of church and state...there, Church is State. but although you can leave your doors unlocked...your woman can't bear her face in public..so there is a tradeoff for the security.

I lived in Germany, if any one bears a Swastika or anti German propaganda then they get arrested.....In this country, we want our freedom of speech but still hate Nazi's and Skinheads.

I lived in South America, damn near the most optimum example of gun control not working..It's illegal to own a gun there but people die of gun/drug related crimes cuz only criminals have guns.

So that's what you pay for being in America and having all the freedoms this country provides.

I am a conservative, but I was glad that Liberals rained death down on some White Supremecists that only wished me ill will.

I am a conservative but I did'nt give a rats arse bout how the liberal media portrayed Elian Gonzalez....Im like if dat kid had been Hatian then you would'nt have heard ISHT bout it.

I simply gave these examples to say how terrorism here will never be combated the same way it is overseas because of IDEOLOGY.

I rember when the media reported that OSAMA BIN LADEN orchestrated the bombing of the embassy in Africa and over 100 Africans were killed, but since only 15 Americans were killed then no body cared....so it all goes back to IDEOLOGY.

The media is BIG BUSINESS - thats ALL. Do not get caught up in labels of liberal / conservative. The only label is money.

FOX - News Corp.
NBC - GE
ABC - Disney
CBS - Viacom
CNN - AOL / Time Warner
MSNBC - GE / Microsoft

Are you getting the picture??? PROFITS!!!

The ratings will determine what you see and hear.

Fighting terrorism as far as the USA is concerned, is anything that disrupts our way of life. Nothing more, Nothing less. The broader American public would not put up with anything more than that.

To Olde Hornet's and Makaho's takes,,,

On Olde Hornet's takes, I would have to concure. I think it is more so about ratings. I think, although the media pandors to whatever is popular, they may SEEM "liberal", but for the most part I see that label as conservative propaganda because they are not saying what conservatives want to hear,,,, UP UNTIL NOW, that is. Now look; every media outlet is stumbling all over themselves trying to see who can be the hardest, who can be the most patriotic, who can be the biggest warhawks. I've seen many of the MSNBCs and the other news shows where they get some pro-foreigner/anit-war hack on there,,, and the news shows tear them a new anus! The media are like vultures; no telling what they will flock to next,, but one thing is for sure,, ratings and the bottom line are "the bottom line".

As far as your takes on political alignment, I'd have to say I just don't buy into all the labels. Labels suck. All that bunch of crap is used to rally people to various camps. I'd say the republican/"conservatives" have the upper hand in the rhetoric at this time. "conservatives" have turned "liberal" into a curse word. I would say, ask me what my position is on an ISSUE and I'll tell you. Rather my position is in line with "liberal" or "conservative" policy/ideology is not my primary concern. It's just the way I see and feel about the issue from past and perhaps present experience and the way I see it logically. Screw all these party labels because the way I see an issue logically may not be how democrats or republicans see the issue, so screw it, I have my on take and will vote according to my take.

My key issues primarily as relates to the state of Alabama have been race relations while younger and now education/funding and economic development.

Back