The WAC to announce new FCS league on Jan. 14

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
pray and look for some D2s that fit the profile (delta state?) (arkansas-monticello types)

they'll kick the breaks on a Southern/Grambling/Jackson State/TSU/PV but honestly those leagues don't offer anything except bailouts - kinda like how A&T and Hampton saved the Big South
They've got a few D2 schools in the state of Oklahoma that might fit the profile.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I guess all those schools will be playing as independants in 2021.

still being worked through right now. I have a feeling they will play under WAC banner in ‘21 and be ineligible for an AQ. Chances are that the winner will still get a playoff bid.

A fair share of creativity about to happen in WAC, SLC and for ASUN in ‘21. Maybe some in season home and homes? Scheduling alliances? ASUN situation is apparently a week or two away from announcement.

still being worked through right now. I have a feeling they will play under WAC banner in ‘21 and be ineligible for an AQ. Chances are that the winner will still get a playoff bid.

A fair share of creativity about to happen in WAC, SLC and for ASUN in ‘21. Maybe some in season home and homes? Scheduling alliances? ASUN situation is apparently a week or two away from announcement.
Thanks to scheduling obligations and the OVC’s exit fee, ‘22 is the earliest A-SUN football will emerge.

Thanks to scheduling obligations and the OVC’s exit fee, ‘22 is the earliest A-SUN football will emerge.

Scheduling will be a challenge to all those schools in the WAC & SLC since they will be going from a 9 game conference schedule to a who knows conference game schedules. There's a lot of non conference games to try to get scheduled in a short amount of time. Like TT said, there will be home and home games in football to make up for some of those slots in the WAC. Haven't heard how the SLC will handle this and the ASUN may be at the right number to handle theirs. I know that PVAMU has some a future home and home games scheduled with ACU.

Scheduling will be a challenge to all those schools in the WAC & SLC since they will be going from a 9 game conference schedule to a who knows conference game schedules. There's a lot of non conference games to try to get scheduled in a short amount of time. Like TT said, there will be home and home games in football to make up for some of those slots in the WAC. Haven't heard how the SLC will handle this and the ASUN may be at the right number to handle theirs. I know that PVAMU has some a future home and home games scheduled with ACU.
For Fall 21, I think we’ll see plenty of NAIA squads on these schools’ schedules. It’ll take a while for these schools in the SLC and WAC to get over their feelings and agree to OOC game contracts.

I will also suspect the SLC, Big Sky and any other conference losing teams not named MEAC could hold these teams leaving to schedules previously made for 21 and potentially 22.

For Fall 21, I think we’ll see plenty of NAIA squads on these schools’ schedules. It’ll take a while for these schools in the SLC and WAC to get over their feelings and agree to OOC game contracts.

I will also suspect the SLC, Big Sky and any other conference losing teams not named MEAC could hold these teams leaving to schedules previously made for 21 and potentially 22.

Doubtful.

You are going to see in-season home-and-homes before you see an abundance of NAIA schools, at least for the WAC schools. The Southland schools, perhaps - but not for the WAC or Central Arkansas. Though I am told the Southland schools are open to in-season home-and-homes too so we may very well see that particularly due to the situation they are all in.

Hopefully people "get over" whatever it is that they are feeling and some of the "outgoing SLC" and "current SLC" will schedule each other. It'd be nonsensical if they did not.

It seems like SFA and NWST would want to continue playing each other. Wasn't that a rivalry or something? Lamar and McNeese are too close not to play.

It seems like SFA and NWST would want to continue playing each other. Wasn't that a rivalry or something? Lamar and McNeese are too close not to play.

NW State/SFA is a border rivalry and their towns have similar names Natchitoches/Nacogdoches.

They play for Chief Caddo, the largest traveling trophy in college football. Had to ask Will Broussard (Former NW State football player) about that on the Twitter

Last edited:
NW State/SFA is a border rivalry and their towns have similar names Natchitoches/Nacogdoches.
Having a TON of relatives that live in Natchitoches, I was told that Natchitoches and Nacogdoches were twin brothers. So the fact that both cities are college towns makes this rivalry somewhat unique.

Last edited:
Having a TON of relatives that live in Natchitoches, I was told that Natchitoches and Nacogdoches were twin brothers. So the fact that both cities are college towns makes this rivalry somewhat unique.

aren’t both towns on El Camino Real or something? I was also told the two towns are twins.

Back