The WAC to announce new FCS league on Jan. 14

With this round of consolidation, should some conferences just accept that they are dead and move on?
:popcorn:

If so, which conferences should disappear?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore

UTRGV football by 2025: Students pass referendum to increase fees, create programs​

EDINBURG — NCAA Division I football is coming to the Rio Grande Valley.

UTRGV officials announced Thursday that a referendum the UTRGV student body voted on from Monday through Wednesday passed. The referendum will increase the athletic fee for students by $11.25 per credit hour, up to 12 hours.

It also allows “for the expansion or addition of a spirit program on both campuses, a Division I women’s swimming and diving program and marching bands on both campuses.”

There were 5,784 votes for the referendum with 3,497 (60.46%) approving the referendum. The voter turnout totaled 17.86% of eligible voters.

“We’ve never had an election for anything with anywhere near that many students voting. At any university it’s very unusual to get 18% of your students voting,” UTRGV President Guy Bailey said. “We are excited to take this important step. Now, nothing is official until the fee increase is approved by the Board of Regents early in 2022. We are very appreciative of the students who voted and let their voices be heard.”

There's some backdoor political stuff brewing about their former conference. Wonder what took them so long to announce what was in play Dec-2021? 👀

I bet SFA will be the next school to announce they are going back to the SLC. These Texas schools have no history with these west coast schools. Once that happens the other Texas schools will come begging back to the SLC.

Back