The USFL is coming back

I hope the USFL is playing players enough money to put food on the table.

Potentially making up to over $60k for 3 months of work is definitely livable especially when they are still doing the hub thing in 4 cities for the 2nd year especially in places like Memphis

The USFL upped their salaries from last year earning slightly more than the XFL.

Plus like the XFL, they play on TV every week so it is definitely more attractive than the CFL (ESPN+)

I wonder how much they paying to rent out these 🏟? Because I believe xfl and usfl needs to downgrade to smaller venues.

I wonder how much they paying to rent out these 🏟? Because I believe xfl and usfl needs to downgrade to smaller venues.

The USFL is basically owned by Fox so I imagine Fox is footing the bill. As with college football, it's not about the attendance but the ratings. And the USFL for the most part did well last year and doing well again this year.

The XFL did pretty well in STL (because they're basically a NFL city without a team) and DC (started 8-0). Of course STL used a former NFL stadium and DC is using a MLS stadium.

If they merge, as long as the number of teams stays between 8-12 and the roster sizes increase, it shouldn't make a difference

Potentially making up to over $60k for 3 months of work is definitely livable especially when they are still doing the hub thing in 4 cities for the 2nd year especially in places like Memphis

The USFL upped their salaries from last year earning slightly more than the XFL.

Plus like the XFL, they play on TV every week so it is definitely more attractive than the CFL (ESPN+)

Don't football players have to pay state taxes in each state the play a game at (provided that the state has a state income tax), so that 60,000 is going to be before the tax man comes to take a good percentage of it. Either way I do agree for 3 months work for 60,000 before taxes is good money provide they get some type of medical insurance through the league.

If they merge, as long as the number of teams stays between 8-12 and the roster sizes increase, it shouldn't make a difference
Since they are trying to get this merger done for the 2024 spring season I don't think the combine league is going to increase roster size right off the bat (more likely increase a little every year going forward after the 2024 season), but from the looks of it the administration side is going to loose alot of people.

Back