The United States Of Africa! Countries in Africa unite for African Union.

I think this it great especially when compared to the former Organization of African Unity. I like the ideals that the African Union is pushing. Understand that Africa is the richest continent in the world when it comes to minerals.

As for the media in this country, the major outlets have in general gotten very lazy in the last few years-unless it was Whitewater or Bill and Monica.

Cud it be because Min. Farrakhan was in attendance ad had alot to do with putting this together??????

HE was on BET Tongiht last night with Ed Gordan... Great interview....

Originally posted by Anonymous
Cud it be because Min. Farrakhan was in attendance and had alot to do with putting this together??????

....And their is your answer.....

Sounds like a good idea, but will it help Africa be stronger as a continent? There is power when you make decisions on one accord. Can they do this? It is not like they're uniting under one African government. Maybe they should come up with one African currenly, like Europe has with the Euro.

A native Nigerian in Houston wrote an interesting column on the African Union. He basically said that the leadership on the contintent will still have to change in order for the union to progress. I will post it when I find it.

From what I hear, they're going to use the European Union as a model. I would feel much better about this if they got a single African currency and had a orginization similar to the UN setup just for Africa.

Back