The transfer portal is like covid, every school catches the transfer portal bug

Status
Not open for further replies.

Former NFL wide receiver Cris Carter says that kids now days don't want to compete, and that they are afraid of competition.

Tell that to Kyler Murray, Baker Mayfield, Jalen Hurts, Joe Burrow, etc. ALL RECENT

This aint like back in the day in which you sign with the school and you just warmed the bench for 3 years hoping for a shot.

We can't say "these student athletes need more rights/power" yet say that these guys can't transfer to getting playing time/game film for the next level

Tell that to Kyler Murray, Baker Mayfield, Jalen Hurts, Joe Burrow, etc. ALL RECENT

This aint like back in the day in which you sign with the school and you just warmed the bench for 3 years hoping for a shot.

We can't say "these student athletes need more rights/power" yet say that these guys can't transfer to getting playing time/game film for the next level
Nothing is given to anyone. Those guys you name earned it.

Before your back in the day ('60s thru '70s) that is the very reason Black kids transferred to PWIs. They could not get onto the field at HBCUs.

I have to comment on JSU QB Quincy Casey entering the transfer portal. Casey is a "extremely" talented QB who displayed his skillset against AAMU. I won't enter the mindset of the JSU coaching staff but losing such a talent is "concerning" to say the least. Best wishes Quincy - there should be plenty of suitors for your talent!

Ok.
Fresh Prince Shrug GIF by MOODMAN

I have to comment on JSU QB Quincy Casey entering the transfer portal. Casey is a "extremely" talented QB who displayed his skillset against AAMU. I won't enter the mindset of the JSU coaching staff but losing such a talent is "concerning" to say the least. Best wishes Quincy - there should be plenty of suitors for your talent!

There's nothing to be concerned about there at all. Especially since it is in his best interest. Don't selfishly hold on to a QB you know isn't going to start for you if you feel he's starting material somewhere else. Everyone has now gotten their end of season evaluation.

There's nothing to be concerned about there at all. Especially since it is in his best interest. Don't selfishly hold on to a QB you know isn't going to start for you if you feel he's starting material somewhere else. Everyone has now gotten their end of season evaluation.
After talking to some resources, I am happy to hear what I heard. The one who IS replacing Casey is on campus and

~in my Rick Flair voice~

Excited Ric Flair GIF

Let these kids enter the transfer portal.....the NCAA doesn't have an allegiance toward student athletes and schools don't force the NCAA to do so.

After talking to some resources, I am happy to hear what I heard. The one who IS replacing Casey is on campus and

~in my Rick Flair voice~

Excited Ric Flair GIF

Are you saying that a qb is transferring to Mighty JSU to be backup? I thought this type of stuff only happened at Alabama. Outstanding!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back