The Teflon President

LaMont

Is Bush the new John Gotti or what? Nothing ever sticks to this guy; it's amazing. He steals the election - no problem. We return to increasing federal deficits - no problem. The market loses more than 30% in two years - no problem. Unemployment rises from 4% to 5.7%, a loss of over 2 million jobs - no problem. Personal bankruptsies at an all time high - no problem. Crime is beginning to rise, again - no problem. Plus add to the fact that he didn't take proper precautions before 9/11 and Osama is still loose, and it all adds up to - you guest it, NO PROBLEM.

Any other president would have been burried, but Bush has some sort of special mojo on the people. I just don't understand it. Heck, in two years when the Dow is trading at 6,500 and unemployment is 7% and the deficit has doubled, he'd probably win 49 states. (Not New Jersey, obviously)

Oh well, I guess I shouldn't have expected "rationality" with all of the war talk going on. Let me take this time to congratulate the winners of this past election. They are as follows: the richest 1%, big oil, environmental destroyer, big industry and the Ken Lay Corporate Greed Crew.

LaMont

Note: At least we in New Jersey held it together. We've been beating the GOP for quite some time up here. In fact, in Jersey, we haven't elected a Republican Senator in over 30 years, and we've been pounding them at the state level too.

IT doesn't matter what he does as long as he keeps playing the cheerleader role.

I still don't understand....

How can black folks that came from the hood or have family still in the hood be a republican? Did the republican party change to caring about people in middle class and below? What is with this stuff?

Did the 2% that control the wealth of this nation just donate all their money to the poor or something? :confused:

Re: I still don't understand....

Originally posted by Mike
How can black folks that came from the hood or have family still in the hood be a republican? Did the republican party change to caring about people in middle class and below? What is with this stuff?

Did the 2% that control the wealth of this nation just donate all their money to the poor or something? :confused:

I am wondering that myself. I think Republicans are better at propoganda than Democrats.

Democrats lost the election because they did not articulate a vision, nor solutions to the obvious problems Bush has wrough as president, and because they are too split themselves on what kind of ideology they want to embrace and present ("liberal (whatever that is) or "moderate" (i.e., advocated by Southern democrats and others to appeal to the white voters who still blame any type of affirmative or inclusionary efforts of well-qualified individuals who don't look like them and everything else for every shortcoming)).

The economy is in a scabble and you'd think everybody would understand money, but yet this president is still deemed popular and democrats acted like they were scared to mention just how bad things really are. And what gets me also is that a lot of people who are hurt by this are giving him high approval ratings. I guess they are o.k as long as there is something or someone else to blame (Saddam, Bin Laden).

Republicans know who their voters are and know what appeals to them and how to say it with the wink and nod. Until democrats settle on who they are, and stop being afraid to call Bush and the republicans on their policies, look for more of the same mess.

Regards.

I do not think that he is a teflon president. Reagan was the ultimate teflon president. As Dr. Mac said, democrats did not articulate a vision. Until they do they will have problems.

In Georgia especially Ralph Reed took a page out of the democrat playbook. He used the grass roots. They won some big races.

The economy is in a scabble and you'd think everybody would understand money, but yet this president is still deemed popular and democrats acted like they were scared to mention just how bad things really are. And what gets me also is that a lot of people who are hurt by this are giving him high approval ratings. I guess they are o.k as long as there is something or someone else to blame (Saddam, Bin Laden).

Dr. Mac,
I have been wondering about that for years. Many folks who give them high approval ratings do not have enough money to be republicans. Then again I think I already know (skin color).

Originally posted by EB
I do not think that he is a teflon president. Reagan was the ultimate teflon president. As Dr. Mac said, democrats did not articulate a vision. Until they do they will have problems.

In Georgia especially Ralph Reed took a page out of the democrat playbook. He used the grass roots. They won some big races.

Dr. Mac,
I have been wondering about that for years. Many folks who give them high approval ratings do not have enough money to be republicans. Then again I think I already know (skin color).

That, my friend, is the direct result of the status quo propaganda machine known as your mainstream media.

How can black folks that came from the hood or have family still in the hood be a republican?

That?s how it is when you fool yourself into believing that everything you have or have become, is a direct result of your hard work and your faith in the system AND that because you did it, everybody should be able to do it. When you start to believe that you?ve become successful or that you ?have arrived? only because of what you did without the help of anybody, you are delusional. And that?s what a black republican is ? DELUSIONAL, as is Alan Keyes, Clarence Thomas and Ward Connerly.

Years ago, the University of Oklahoma handed JC Watts a football, and said ?run *****, run? and he ran and ran and ran. In fact, he hasn?t stopped running for ?Masta?- YET.

*in a sarcastic tone*

Now before partisan realighnment in the mid 1920's the Republican party did get us out of slavery and got us the 13th 14th and 15th amendments which were loosely enforced untill 1964. They did give us that...:rolleyes: At least we can say something good about that.

But othern than that I really don't like what bush is doing. He is just like is good old dad...and I am not going to comment on that.

Re: Re: I still don't understand....

Originally posted by GramFan

That?s how it is when you fool yourself into believing that everything you have or have become, is a direct result of your hard work and your faith in the system AND that because you did it, everybody should be able to do it. When you start to believe that you?ve become successful or that you ?have arrived? only because of what you did without the help of anybody, you are delusional. And that?s what a black republican is ? DELUSIONAL, as is Alan Keyes, Clarence Thomas and Ward Connerly.

Years ago, the University of Oklahoma handed JC Watts a football, and said ?run *****, run? and he ran and ran and ran. In fact, he hasn?t stopped running for ?Masta?- YET.

Not necessarily. FWIW, I am as far from being a Republican as anyone, but I can see how a Black person can be a Conservative and even a Republican just as easily as I can see how a Black person can be a Christian. But that's another issue...

Re: Re: Re: I still don't understand....

Originally posted by sophandros
Not necessarily. FWIW, I am as far from being a Republican as anyone, but I can see how a Black person can be a Conservative and even a Republican just as easily as I can see how a Black person can be a Christian. But that's another issue...

I'm conservative but I damn sure am not a Republican. I may share some of their ideas but I know what they really stand for. Oh, and BTW, neither am I a Democrat.

Re: Re: Re: Re: I still don't understand....

I'm conservative but I damn sure am not a Republican. I may share some of their ideas but I know what they really stand for. Oh, and BTW, neither am I a Democrat.

As I said, I can see how a Black person can be a Conservative. I should have written, "Conservative and/or Republican..." for clarity.

So, which ideas do you share?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I still don't understand....

So, which ideas do you share?

Sophandros

I had started typing and then I realized if i tried to put my thoughts down "on paper" I could be typing all day so instead of even trying to do so, I will stick to the subject matter. . . .

Being conservative and sharing some of the ideals as Republicans is one thing but being one is another.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I still don't understand....

Sophandros

I had started typing and then I realized if i tried to put my thoughts down "on paper" I could be typing all day so instead of even trying to do so, I will stick to the subject matter. . . .

Being conservative and sharing some of the ideals as Republicans is one thing but being one is another.

I agree with you on that. I share some of the ideals of the Democrats, but I am not one. Of course, I think that the Donkeys need to go a bit further to the Left, but hey...

The GOP should be call GOM. Goverment of the Majority. As long as they appeal to the white, middle to upperclass majority the repubicans will always either be in the lead or only behind by the slimest margins. That's how Bush got in office in the first place. He appealed the selfish, white majority.

Originally posted by Sonic98
The GOP should be call GOM. Goverment of the Majority. As long as they appeal to the white, middle to upperclass majority the repubicans will always either be in the lead or only behind by the slimest margins. That's how Bush got in office in the first place. He appealed the selfish, white majority.

That's not necessarily true. In the last election, in particular, the Republicans have at least made an outward appearance of trying to appeal to minorities; this has paid off in several states where the Brown vote has shifted to Republican candidates. The Democrats are too centrist, and they need to get some new leadership. The platform that Clinton ran on (shifting the party to the centre) will not work now, unless the Dems want to be the Centrist Party, with the Repug--err--Republicans as the Right Wing Party, and someone else (Greens, maybe?) as the Left Wing Party. I don't see this happening because that would lead to their losing too much control and money. As it stands now, there is not much choice for the intellectual voter, since too often the Rep and Dem candidates are so bloody similar in thier rhetoric and platforms.

That's not necessarily true. In the last election, in particular, the Republicans have at least made an outward appearance of trying to appeal to minorities; this has paid off in several states where the Brown vote has shifted to Republican candidates. The Democrats are too centrist, and they need to get some new leadership. The platform that Clinton ran on (shifting the party to the centre) will not work now, unless the Dems want to be the Centrist Party, with the Repug--err--Republicans as the Right Wing Party, and someone else (Greens, maybe?) as the Left Wing Party. I don't see this happening because that would lead to their losing too much control and money. As it stands now, there is not much choice for the intellectual voter, since too often the Rep and Dem candidates are so bloody similar in thier rhetoric and platforms.

They have to try to appeal. The polls showed them how the minority vote almost won Gore the election. They're making a token effort to appear like they're reaching out now. Like most white people, when they realize they might need us that's when they start acting right.

Originally posted by Sonic98

They have to try to appeal. The polls showed them how the minority vote almost won Gore the election. They're making a token effort to appear like they're reaching out now. Like most white people, when they realize they might need us that's when they start acting right.

The RNC started their "outreach" programs before their presidential convention to nominate Shrub.

The DNC has taken minorities for granted for the past couple of decades.

The "Third Parties" need to do more to show why they would appeal to minorities more than the two evils.

It's amazing, When Bush was first elected, the "White Media" potrayed him as dumb, incompetent and unpresidential. After 9/11 he became a popular president. When President Clinton was President he was always under the microscope by the "White Media", but not Bush. The Democrats lost elections on November 5, because they placed old candidates on the ballot in Senate races in Minnesota and Missouri. Don't be fooled by the "White Media", Bush is the same person the Supreme Court elected President in 2000.

Right place, right time.

Face it folks, Bush is at the right place in history at exactly the right time. In a time where outside elements are attacking the US, Joe-Blow citizen is more comfortable with republicans in charge of the country and calling the shots. Bush is the benefactor of the nation's(ERRRRRRRRRR, traditional european desendants who make up the majority population,,, or should I say, who's population controls this country) fears.

Originally posted by PRANC1N "J"
It's amazing, When Bush was first elected, the "White Media" potrayed him as dumb, incompetent and unpresidential. After 9/11 he became a popular president. When President Clinton was President he was always under the microscope by the "White Media", but not Bush. The Democrats lost elections on November 5, because they placed old candidates on the ballot in Senate races in Minnesota and Missouri. Don't be fooled by the "White Media", Bush is the same person the Supreme Court elected President in 2000.

IT's like the joke of the guy who wants credit for taking care of his kids. People want too much credit for doing what they should or what anyone would do.

Back