The SWAC's #1 WR is out for the season

Paulo

First it was Tim Abney, who was a redshirt freshman last year and the team's #2 WR this year, is out this season with a groin injury. Now Moses Harris, a preseason 1st team all-swac WR and Eugene's favorite target, is out for the season for a serious ankle injury that happened yesterday at practice.

http://www.thenewsstar.com

http://shreveporttimes.com/

:shame: :cry: :shame: :cry:

But The G-MEN will still go undefeated this season but will have close games against Alcorn & Bethune-Cookman and will still blow-out Southern in the Classic and will beat either Alcorn or JSU in the SCG. And I'll put anything on that because we are GREATNESS.

Paulo said:
But The G-MEN will still go undefeated this season but will have close games against Alcorn & Bethune-Cookman and will still blow-out Southern in the Classic and will beat either Alcorn or JSU in the SCG. And I'll put anything on that because we are GREATNESS.

I hope the guys get better, but we have heard that crap you are spewing for over a decade now ..... stop while you are behind!

You lose Douglas, Harris, and Abney and you think you can just forget about it? I just can't see that man.

SU Jag 79 said:
You lose Douglas, Harris, and Abney and you think you can just forget about it? I just can't see that man.

But this same principle does not apply to SU right?
:rolleyes:

Get Ready said:
No not really i.e. 2002 and 2003 football season*****
Its been proven. Tough Break for those guys, but SU has proved that GSU
gets isht on time & time again. SORRY............................... :whine: :whine: :whine:

One is never comfortable with losing a veteran player, or any player for that matter, to injury. But, the G-Men are extremely deep, speedy, and talented at WR. Remember, Abney was the true freshman that shined at the Classic last year. Bakari Guice (a frosh/soph) will become well-known as the season rolls. Others include: Paul Hardiman, Clyde Edwards, Antonio Hargo, Henry Tolbert, etc., etc. The ol' saying still holds true: G-Men don't rebuild, we just reload. Still, Moses' leadership and experience will be missed.

AB Kuaan and that HUGE offensive line...plus a defense that's loaded with future NFL players :bowdown: :bowdown:

G-Man 68 said:
One is never comfortable with losing a veteran player, or any player for that matter, to injury. But, the G-Men are extremely deep, speedy, and talented at WR. Remember, Abney was the true freshman that shined at the Classic last year. Bakari Guice (a frosh/soph) will become well-known as the season rolls. Others include: Paul Hardiman, Clyde Edwards, Antonio Hargo, Henry Tolbert, etc., etc. The ol' saying still holds true: G-Men don't rebuild, we just reload. Still, Moses' leadership and experience will be missed.

Grambling is pretty deep at receiver. I read the roster and you guys have more receivers than lineman. I am sure that they all are pretty talented.

Get Ready said:

GR,
The difference is that SU knew we were going to have new WRs just like last year way in advance. We knew Alfred Ard might play baseball. We knew Bridges, Joseph and Davis were Srs. None of them were counted on to return
That's why James Vernon, Junior Joseph, Antonio Overstreet etc all were the focus in the Spring. So it is not the same. GSU knew Abney was out, but to lose a player the week of the first game is more of a blow. Just like it was when we lost Mike Hayes a few years ago in game 1.

I am sure GSU has some capable guys that will step up. That's the name of the game. But I am also sure that Spears would have rather this happened earlier in the summer workouts if he had a choice just get folks ready. Pete has had time to get our folks ready because he had forewarning so that is the difference. But hey injuries are apart of football and this will be a test for GSU just like it will be any team who loses a player on short notice or suddenly.

Get Ready said:

The situations are different for a number of reasons. The reasons other Nation members have given are valid. Also, one has to remember what GSU lost and the focal point of their game: the pass. While they have Kuaan, who may be very good from reports, if they are going to be serious about challenging for the SWAC title through the West, they will have to throw the ball. Southern lost a good RB and a good DB. I'm not going to sugarcoat it. Losing George will hurt deeply, but losing Peoples won't hurt as much as some of you think. Adams, Holmes, Herbert, Coates, Huff, Rose and all are young guys. Only one senior in the bunch (Holmes). Ard hurts, but our staff was ready for this. Seven guys ready to jump in there too.

If anything, the secondary is what hurts the most, but with the depth of our front seven, they will have time to grow.

GSU lost their TOP three names from the BC as far as WR's. All indications point to another passing barrage from Gram, but who is he passing to? SU seems to want to run more and with the stable, they can do that and not be too short-changed when it comes to the passing game because Ricks knows two of these guys (Vernon and Overstreet) better than Richard probably did.

BTW, this does apply to JSU too ..... Kent, Manning, Stinson.

One question: I remember how some of you Mafia guys were downing Green saying he should be fourth string or something like that. What do you think now that he has been named the starter?

JR said:
GR,
The difference is that SU knew we were going to have new WRs just like last year way in advance. We knew Alfred Ard might play baseball. We knew Bridges, Joseph and Davis were Srs. None of them were counted on to return
That's why James Vernon, Junior Joseph, Antonio Overstreet etc all were the focus in the Spring. So it is not the same. GSU knew Abney was out, but to lose a player the week of the first game is more of a blow. Just like it was when we lost Mike Hayes a few years ago in game 1.

I am sure GSU has some capable guys that will step up. That's the name of the game. But I am also sure that Spears would have rather this happened earlier in the summer workouts if he had a choice just get folks ready. Pete has had time to get our folks ready because he had forewarning so that is the difference. But hey injuries are apart of football and this will be a test for GSU just like it will be any team who loses a player on short notice or suddenly.

Hummmmm, does the term "BS" mean anything here? (Sorry, I just couldn't resist) :wavey:

Harris will be missed, but the receivers are one of GSUs deepest position on the team. All of the guys have been getting reps this summer. After todays game against Alcorn, I doubt one will be questioning who will Bruce Eugene throw to.

lol...he said STILL beat SU....like they do it already. lol.

Ay, Grambling will not be hurtin' for this loss. They have recievers lined up for about a mile. What will be, will be this year. It's gonna be a close race.

Back