The Role of Black Frats and Sororities Today.

Bartram

Brand HBCUbian
Several questions:

• Why do people "playa-hate" frats and soros?
  • Generally speaking, does the frat/sorority make the person or does the person make the frat/sorority today??
  • Generally speaking, are the net effects of frats and sororities positive or negative?
  • Would you encourage your kids to join a frat or sorority in college and why?

Personnal, the latter, the former and it depends on their personnality. Interested in the 2002 take on this long running debate.

Question 1- I feel people playa hate on frats and sorors, because they were either too scared to pledge anything, or just straight up got rejected. On the other hand some folks just have that crab mentality, misery loves company.

Question 2-This is easy, they always say, u make the letters, don't let the letters make you. As is the case with anything, different strokes for different folks. Some people lose their damn mind when they get letters, and some keep an even keel and serve as the model spokesman/woman for their organization.

Question 3-On this one, I can only speak for my Ice Cold bruhs, I know we have a positive effect, simply because of the numerous service projects we are affiliated with, such as sponsering blood drives, Project Alpha, Go to High School , go to college, A Voteless People is a Hopeless People, and etc............

Question 4-I would encourage my kid to research whatever organization they are considered, and make an informed decision. If he comes home with anything other than black and gold though, I'm gonna beat it off his azzz!!!!!!

*just kidding*

Back