The NBA one-and-done rule maybe coming to an end and NCAA Transfer Portal Rules

Commission on College Basketball proposes major changes to NCAA to fix the sport's problems

Watch Video

The Commission on College Basketball released a six-months-in-the-making 60-page report Wednesday that analyzed the state of the sport and made its most urgent proposals for change. The commission, led by Condoleezza Rice, is comprised of 12 people including NBA legends David Robinson and Grant Hill and was formed by the NCAA in response to the FBI's investigation into bribery and corruption in college basketball.

From the report:

"It is the overwhelming assessment of the commission that the state of men's college basketball is deeply troubled. The levels of corruption and deception are now at a point that they threaten the very survival of the college game as we know it."

Story

I can't see this happening, would drastically change the sport

There needs to be a rules to keep some good players in college and at the same time, do not hurt the NBA Game. Because right now, you have a bunch of kids coming into the league that is not ready!

There needs to be a rules to keep some good players in college and at the same time, do not hurt the NBA Game. Because right now, you have a bunch of kids coming into the league that is not ready!

I think the compromise will be 2-3 years removed from HS if you go to college but you will be allowed to go straight from HS (something similar to baseball and the NFL). If you don't get drafted, then there will be the G League and Ball's League as fall backs

If you're going to suggest that rules be created to keep "good players" in the college game, then you also have to provide incentives for those players to want to stay in school. Otherwise, it would only look self-serving to the NCAA and not, you know, the athletes who control the value.

Maybe there are too many teams. Just a thought. LOL!!!!!

If you're going to suggest that rules be created to keep "good players" in the college game, then you also have to provide incentives for those players to want to stay in school. Otherwise, it would only look self-serving to the NCAA and not, you know, the athletes who control the value.

I do agree with paying them and they will stay two to three years to develop. Because out of ten players declaring early, only two of them are ready and I am paying money for an NBA Game to see kids that are not ready. Playing against LeBron, KD, Davis Irving, Westbrook is no joke. But if the college game wants the kids bad enough, then they will have to pay them.

You think college games are free?

I know college games are not free. But we pay hundreds of dollars to see a professional game with kids that are not ready. For every LeBron, there are ten Lenny Cook's that are not ready for the NBA. And we all know AAU is the worst for developing the kids. Pay the players in college, or you can let them go straight to the NBA and then let the kid be sent to the team's G-League Team to be developed for a year or two.

I know college games are not free. But we pay hundreds of dollars to see a professional game with kids that are not ready. For every LeBron, there are ten Lenny Cook's that are not ready for the NBA. And we all know AAU is the worst for developing the kids. Pay the players in college, or you can let them go straight to the NBA and then let the kid be sent to the team's G-League Team to be developed for a year or two.

Lenny Cooke done turned into basketball's Willie Lynch Letter.

And for every Damian Lillard who stayed 4 years there are 100 4 year guys who never touch a court past college.

And for every Damian Lillard who stayed 4 years there are 100 4 year guys who never touch a court past college.

True, but the one and done's do not do any better. We need to come up with something that works. Yea, Kobe makes it, but there are ten Lenny Cooks that hired an agent and never saw a college basketball court, or one and done's that are out of the league within two years, just like the four year players. The development system we have today is horrible. The AAU, which is not about developing players, all about flash and no substance and about money. Modern day meat market for our young kids and no development in the process. Watch an AAU Game and tell me how much fundmentals you see and we wonder why Europe is catching up with us.

My idea is, we do like Baseball, draft them and then send them to our G-League team and if they are good enough, than play in the NBA. The players that do not get drafted and commit to a college, they can still go to the school of their choice. So if NBA chooses not to sign a player, then they can still go to college they committed to.

True, but the one and done's do not do any better. We need to come up with something that works. Yea, Kobe makes it, but there are ten Lenny Cooks that hired an agent and never saw a college basketball court, or one and done's that are out of the league within two years, just like the four year players. The development system we have today is horrible. The AAU, which is not about developing players, all about flash and no substance and about money. Modern day meat market for our young kids and no development in the process. Watch an AAU Game and tell me how much fundmentals you see and we wonder why Europe is catching up with us.

My idea is, we do like Baseball, draft them and then send them to our G-League team and if they are good enough, than play in the NBA. The players that do not get drafted and commit to a college, they can still go to the school of their choice. So if NBA chooses not to sign a player, then they can still go to college they committed to.
The one and dones do way better than the 4 year guys by percentage. It's not even close.

I am in AAU tournaments almost every weekend. The idea that they don't teach/use fundamentals is waaayyy off. I'll ask you which "fundamentals" are they lacking in today's game?

The one and dones do way better than the 4 year guys by percentage. It's not even close.

I am in AAU tournaments almost every weekend. The idea that they don't teach/use fundamentals is waaayyy off. I'll ask you which "fundamentals" are they lacking in today's game?

Lol. I go to a lot of AAU games also. That's just a myth that people like to throw out. They never mention the fundamentals kids are lacking as if players in the past didn't lack fundamentals.

Lol. I go to a lot of AAU games also. That's just a myth that people like to throw out. They never mention the fundamentals kids are lacking as if players in the past didn't lack fundamentals.
One dude actually answered me on facebook and said "They don't know how to throw two-handed bounce passes anymore" LOL. That was the only fundamental he could list.

One dude actually answered me on facebook and said "They don't know how to throw two-handed bounce passes anymore" LOL. That was the only fundamental he could list.

Lol. What's the purpose of a two handed bounce pass when you can make a one handed bounce pass.

Some of that is not true!

I watched an AAU Game and I saw so much cherry picking! The girls play better half-court basketball than the boys.It is like watching organized rucker park.

What would this do to Lavar Ball's league?

If one-and-dones can go straight to the league from high school. And players who aren't drafted can return to their college ....

His league will be over before it starts. If kids good enough to get paid to play out of high school don't have to do a year of college then there's no reason not to just go to the NBA and make far more money. He'll still get those that aren't good enough i'm guessing.

OK the better AAU programs don't allow that.

I watched the elite teams and that is what they looked like. Cannot set a proper screen, cannot defend backdoor picks and organized Rucker Park to impress college coaches. But are not smart players. The Girls, their games looked better. And if I am lying, I have heard scouts say that the Europeans are better at fundamentals than American Players. We use to teach Fundermentals, now is run, jump and dunk along with the three ball. Most big men are not even taught how to post up anymore. The game is good when going up and down, but the minute you asked them to play half-court Basketball, then it looks like crap. Where are the teachers that love teaching the game of basketball?

I watched the elite teams and that is what they looked like. Cannot set a proper screen, cannot defend backdoor picks and organized Rucker Park to impress college coaches. But are not smart players. The Girls, their games looked better. And if I am lying, I have heard scouts say that the Europeans are better at fundamentals than American Players. We use to teach Fundermentals, now is run, jump and dunk along with the three ball. Most big men are not even taught how to post up anymore. The game is good when going up and down, but the minute you asked them to play half-court Basketball, then it looks like crap. Where are the teachers that love teaching the game of basketball?
Can you list the fundamentals American players are lacking?

Back