The Olympics 2021

Well, the 4x100 relay team has had baton passing issues in his time too (1988). I don't know why King Carl is acting like this is something new.
I remember 1988. But Carl was not on the track during that disaster. The mishap happened in the prelims. The head coach, whose name escapes me, did not like Carl Lewis and was not sure if he would use Lewis in that relay even if they had made it to the finals because Lewis had not "proved himself". :rolleyes: And these were the same dumb ass coaches who refused to put Gwen Torrence on our 4x1 relay. In 1988 Gwen was our best up and coming sprinter only behind Flo Jo and Ashford. She made the finals in both the 100 (5th) & 200 (6th) at the 1988 Olympics. But the coaches did not like Gwen. Gwen spoke her mind and there was no love lost between her and Flo Jo. 🤣

Oh, and if you think Carl Lewis is critical of the relays, go on line and read what Michael Johnson has to say. He pulls no punches when it comes to our relays. I tried to post them in here but I could not get it to work. But anyway, it is over and done with. Let put this men's 4x1 debacle behind us and move on. Lets get ready for the World Championships in Eugene Oregon next year.

Well it wasn't gold (bronze) but Allyson Felix got her 10th medal of her career as an Olympian making her the most decorated woman Olympians all-time...

TOKYO — Allyson Felix is a 10-time Olympic medalist.

The 35-year-old California native, running blind out of lane 9, won bronze in the women's 400 meters on Friday, running a season-best 49.46 seconds.

Defending Olympic champion Shaunae Miller-Uibo of the Bahamas was the gold medalist in a lifetime best 48.36 seconds, and Marileidy Paulino of Dominican Republic the silver medalist; her 49.20 clocking was also a lifetime best.

Felix has now tied the legend Carl Lewis with the most medals by an American track and field athlete.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/allyso...lympic-history-with-10th-medal-124351795.html

The women 4x100 meter relay team got 2nd to the Damn Jamaican heifers...

After two back-to-back golds in the Olympic women's 4x100m relay, Team USA earned a silver on Friday night in Tokyo with the four-person team of Teahna Daniels, Javianne Oliver, Jenna Prandini and Gabby Thomas.

In the qualifying round, they came in second in the relay with a time of 41.90 seconds, just behind Great Britain, who finished in 41.55.

The U.S. team repeated that second-place performance in the final as they trailed Jamaica, who had won silver in the previous Olympic match-up; Great Britain won third.

Though the U.S. put up a season's best time, Jamaica earned a national record and was never less than several steps ahead.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/defending-champs-team-usa-earn-140456496.html

Medaling out of Lane 9 is so impressive aside from her age because it's just that hard. She has been such a classy athlete. #muchrespect
ABSOLUTELY!!!! Lord knows, I did not think she had a 49.46 left in those beautiful old legs. 😁 Hell, her lifetime personal best is 49.26. Track and Field News Magazine picked her to finish 6th at best. But she proved us all wrong.

The women 4x100 meter relay team got 2nd to the Damn Jamaican heifers..

Gurl stop it. 🤣

Though the U.S. put up a season's best time, Jamaica earned a national record and was never less than several steps ahead.
I am surprised that they did not smash the world record that was set by the Americans at the 2012 Olympics. Lord knows they had the personnel to do so.

Did anyone watch the men's 4x1? It was won by Italy. But did yall see how the Italian anchor, (Filippo Tortu) out ran Canada (Andre DeGrasse), and walked down Great Britain (Nethaneel Mitchell-Blake)? I was like WOW!!!

I am going to quote a friend of mine: What are those Italians doing? 🤣 🤣

I'm pulling for Jamaica!!
rasta GIF

I think if others countries like on the African continent and in the Caribbean get better facilities, the U.S. will have more company on the medal stand if the U.S. runners make it there. Remember. Those countries have been winning for a while with sprinters like Ato Bolden winning medals.

-----

This race was not close.

-----

Allyson Felix makes another argument for the G.O.A.T. title. I think she actually won as in should have been awarded the gold in the 400m in Rio.

Last edited:
Congrats Team USA.

@Blacknbengal did you pull for the French? Just asking for a friend.
I pulled for th French to whoop that sorry scalawag nba team. galloway is horribly sorry. middleton is even sorrier. If it weren't for KD and Dame, the american team loses unmercifully, as it did the first time.

Those american team guys do not know how to play a team sport in a team setting. I was pulling for The French team to put a solid foot through their ass.

Shit, Je m'appelle, Melle Mel; Donne moi la petit mademoiselle; Donne moi cinq, donne moi six; Donne moi huit, neuf, dix.

Last edited:
Back