The Novel Coronavirus Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
‘Double Mutant' COVID-19 Variant Found in the Bay Area
:popcorn:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/e...-19-variant-found-in-the-bay-area/ar-BB1fiuOa
:read:

A new variant of the coronavirus was discovered in the Bay Area and is believed to be the first of its kind in the United States.

The double mutation is believed to be responsible for a recent surge in cases in India.

Stanford Health experts confirmed the new double mutation of the coronavirus in at least one case in Santa Clara County and suspect there are more.

It is still unclear if this new variant is more dangerous, although it is believed to be more easily transmitted than others.

“There is no definite evidence that this double variant is more virulent or causes more severe disease.,” said Dr. Dean Winslow with Stanford University.
This was delta. And the next month, the CDC said vaccinated people didn’t have to wear masks. SMH.

School systems in GA are shutting down one by one. Some only for a few days at a time, others are on virtual for weeks. Wait about 2 more weeks. It's going to be real ugly. Gonna go ahead and put myself back in quarantine.

I think both parties are playing political games. This country has strong armed other countries. Why so many don't thing it can strong arm scientists is beyond me.

Trump initially dismissed the pandemic, pandering to his political base. Seeing his chances to win the political race falling, he went into overdrive and around established protocols to get a vaccine.

Biden used his thoughts on how to deal with the pandemic as a major part of his political platform to get elected. Political pressure was put on him to get the pandemic under control so he set deadlines. Because of politics the lifting of mask mandates began even when the science showed that a variant was on the way.

If all of this party stuff just gets out of the way and focus on what's best for the people, this country could be great.

I think both parties are playing political games. This country has strong armed other countries. Why so many don't thing it can strong arm scientists is beyond me.

Trump initially dismissed the pandemic, pandering to his political base. Seeing his chances to win the political race falling, he went into overdrive and around established protocols to get a vaccine.

Biden used his thoughts on how to deal with the pandemic as a major part of his political platform to get elected. Political pressure was put on him to get the pandemic under control so he set deadlines. Because of politics the lifting of mask mandates began even when the science showed that a variant was on the way.

If all of this party stuff just gets out of the way and focus on what's best for the people, this country could be great.
People will call you everything but a child of God if you say our pandemic response has been botched by both Trump AND Biden. LOL

Thanks be to God. I'm glad you don't, because they also want you to take horse dewormer, that was after they tried hydroxychloroquine.
https://www.salon.com/2021/08/09/ho...horse-de-wormer-drug-as-a-covid-19-treatment/

As I said, not everything in science is going to be right. We don't know what we don't know. We can only go with the best information we have. When I was a kid my teachers told us that the continents never had been together, even though we were looking at the map and you could see that they could. well... they were wrong. pangea was indeed a thing, though it wasn't widely accepted when I was in school. Science can move slower than what we see in the real world but it's because evidence has to be gathered and analyzed.

You keep talking about being sheep essentially, believing what you are told, not trusting science. That doesn't make a lot of sense to me in the midst of a pandemic, and the same people who say don't trust "experimental" vaccines sure want the "experimental" treatments.

My goal is simple. I want to see people come out the other side of this thing in good shape. If that's your goal, then we are on the same page. I just think that some of what you and others post on here are counter to that. I imagine you'd say the same of me. Only difference... I have science backing me.
Well Then GIF by MOODMAN

People will call you everything but a child of God if you say our pandemic response has been botched by both Trump AND Biden. LOL

But Biden is not the one getting on tv and saying all this is the fault of BLACK FOLKS like Dan Patrick did.

It's mainly one party acting a fool with this. One party that wanted everything back to normal no matter what. One party whose governors are threating folks and trying to get folks fired. Who were the main group in those videos going off? It wasn't black folks.

Biden can get ripped for things but the other party goes overboard with it because they want certain demographics gone to win the White House.

"You have no friends" - Dr. John Henrik Clarke

One gang may make you feel a little more welcomed than the other, but neither want for you and yours what they want for them and theirs.

George Washington was a slave owner, but I agree with his assessment of political parties.

:clap:
Tennessee radio host who criticised vaccine efforts dies of Covid-19

At least one poisonous voice has been removed from the planet. I wonder how many people he killed with his posion.
:nono2:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...l-valentine-vaccine-vaccination-dies-covid-19

A conservative radio host from Tennessee who was critical of vaccination efforts and mask mandates died on Saturday, after weeks in a Nashville hospital battling Covid-19.

Phil Valentine’s death was reported by his station, SuperTalk 99.7 WTN, on Saturday afternoon.

“We are saddened to report that our host and friend Phil Valentine has passed away,” the station said in a tweet. “Please keep the Valentine family in your thoughts and prayers.”

According to WKRN, an ABC-affiliated Tennessee news outlet: “Several of Valentine’s co-workers and close friends announced they had spoken with Valentine’s brother Mark, who confirmed the 61 year old had passed away earlier in the afternoon.”

The station said hosts would discuss Valentine’s “life and legacy” on air.

Before contracting Covid-19, Valentine’s comments on the pandemic included performing a song called Vaxman, to the tune of Taxman, George Harrison’s Beatles number against government taxation.

“Let me tell you how it will be,” he sang, “and I don’t care if you agree, ‘Cause I’m the Vaxman, yeah I’m the Vaxman. If you don’t like me coming round, be thankful I don’t hold you down.”

This FDA approval will now give certain entities the legal clearance to "mandate" that their employees be fully vaccinated with certain exceptions if they choose to do so. There was no strong legal standing to be able to do this as long as the drug was still in EUA status.

FDA's approval of Pfizer vaccine already paving the way for mandates​

When Pfizer and BioNTech’s (PFE) COVID-19 vaccine on Monday became the first to receive full Food and Drug Administration approval for people 16 and older, several vaccine mandates came down just that day.

The uptick shows that legal experts and the nation's top infectious disease expert were on target by predicting that approval would embolden businesses, governments, and schools to mandate vaccines.

Just Monday, vaccine mandates came down for staff in New York City and New Jersey schools and for some employees of Chevron (CVX), while the former governor of Virginia urged all employers in the state to require COVID-19 vaccinations in light of the full approval.

Prior to Monday, the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine had received the FDA's approval under the agency's Emergency Use Authorization authority, which some vaccine opponents used as an argument against becoming inoculated. The full approval comes after Pfizer presented the FDA with longer-term follow-up data showing the drug was 91% effective at preventing COVID.

The drug, which will be marketed as Comirnaty, remains under Emergency Use Authorization for people between 12 and 16 years old.

[IMG width="175px" alt="ANKARA, TURKEY - 2021/08/19: A nurse holding a Biontech vaccine vial during the vaccination operation at Ankara City Hospital.
With the new decision taken by the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Turkey on August 16, the COVID-19 vaccination age, which was previously 17, was reduced to 15. Vaccination appointments for children aged 15 and over can be made with the approval of their family that they are for face-to-face education. Also, children over the age of 12 with chronic diseases were included in the vaccination schedule. (Photo by Tunahan Turhan/SOPA Images/LightRocket via Getty Images)"]https://s.yimg.com/ny/api/res/1.2/p...08/fd887e20-0448-11ec-8f7e-225b6efd1464[/IMG]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back