The Novel Coronavirus Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

More colleges make Covid vaccines mandatory for students​

The number of colleges and universities that will require students be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 is suddenly escalating.

In just the last few days, Duke University, Brown, Northeastern University, the University of Notre Dame, Syracuse University and Ithaca College all announced that students returning to campus in the fall must be fully vaccinated before the first day of class.

Cornell University, Rutgers University, Nova Southeastern University, Roger Williams University in Bristol, Rhode Island, Fort Lewis College in Durango, Colorado, and St. Edward’s University in Austin, Texas, have also said vaccinations will be mandatory for the fall of 2021.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
That’s why it’s still important for vaccinated people to mask up and social distance because there is just so much virus out there and only a small percentage of people vaccinated.

CDC and FDA recommend US pause use of Johnson & Johnson's Covid-19 vaccine over blood clot concerns​

The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the US Food and Drug Administration are recommending that the United States pause the use of Johnson & Johnson's Covid-19 vaccine over six reported US cases of a "rare and severe" type of blood clot.

The six reported cases were among more than 6.8 million doses of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine administered in the United States.

ll six cases occurred among women between the ages of 18 and 48, and symptoms occurred 6 to 13 days after vaccination, according to a joint statement on Tuesday from Dr. Anne Schuchat, principal deputy director of the CDC and Dr. Peter Marks, director of the FDA's Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research.

"CDC will convene a meeting of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) on Wednesday to further review these cases and assess their potential significance," the statement said. "FDA will review that analysis as it also investigates these cases. Until that process is complete, we are recommending a pause in the use of this vaccine out of an abundance of caution. This is important, in part, to ensure that the health care provider community is aware of the potential for these adverse events and can plan for proper recognition and management due to the unique treatment required with this type of blood clot."

Help me make sense of this...

A white guy in the building I am in almost died from Covid about 6 or so months ago. He spent an entire month in the hospital with blood clots in his lungs. He never wore a mask and still won't wear one. Anyway we happen to be in the restroom at the same time this morning at the urinals. I was masked and of course he was not. He makes the remark, "don't worry I don't have Covid". Then he coughs for real and repeats the same statement about not having Covid. Then he says he is not taking the shot because Bill Gates is trying to reduce the population and the vaccine was put out for people after 5 months (which was all BS). I said I have taken both shots. He then reiterates that he is not taking the shots. I started to educate him on the spot but I let him stew in his faux news propaganda.

Remember I said he almost died from Covid. My question is WHAT THE HELL DOES HE THINK THEY USED TO GET HIM WELL? He is vaccinated and does not even realize it.

Last edited:
Help me make sense of this...

A white guy in the building I am in almost died from Covid about 6 or so months ago. He spent an entire month in the hospital with blood clots in his lungs. He never wore a mask and still won't wear one. Anyway we happen to be in the restroom at the same time this morning at the urinals. I was masked and of course he was not. He makes the remark, "don't worry I don't have Covid". Then he coughs for real and repeats the same statement about not having Covid. Then he says he is not taking the shot because Bill Gates is trying to reduce the population and the vaccine was put out for people after 5 months (which was all BS). I said I have taken both shots. He then reiterates that he is not taking the shots. I started to educate him on the spot but I let him stew in his faux news propaganda.

Remember I said he almost died from Covid. My question is WHAT THE HELL DOES HE THINK THEY USE TO GET HIM WELL? He is vaccinated and does not even realize it.
Why were you trying to reason with an unmasked, coughing man who doesn't give a shit about himself or you?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
:lmao:

This is the funniest story of the WEEK!
:snicker

Rocker Ted Nugent is revealing he was in agony after testing positive for coronavirus — months after he said the virus was “not a real pandemic.”

“I thought I was dying,” Nugent says in a Facebook live video posted Monday. “I literally could hardly crawl out of bed the last few days,” adding: “So I was officially tested positive for COVID-19 today.”

In the video shot at his Michigan ranch, the “Cat Scratch Fever” singer repeatedly uses racist slurs to refer to COVID-19 and reiterates his previous stance that he wouldn’t be getting the vaccine because he claims wrongly that “nobody knows what’s in it.”

Nugent, a supporter of ex-President Donald Trump, previously called the pandemic a scam and has railed against public health restrictions. He has repeated a narrative pushed by conservative media and disputed by health experts that suggests the official death count from the coronavirus is inflated.

Happy Eddie Murphy GIF by Laff

This is the funniest story of the WEEK!

Rocker Ted Nugent is revealing he was in agony after testing positive for coronavirus — months after he said the virus was “not a real pandemic.”

“I thought I was dying,” Nugent says in a Facebook live video posted Monday. “I literally could hardly crawl out of bed the last few days,” adding: “So I was officially tested positive for COVID-19 today.”

In the video shot at his Michigan ranch, the “Cat Scratch Fever” singer repeatedly uses racist slurs to refer to COVID-19 and reiterates his previous stance that he wouldn’t be getting the vaccine because he claims wrongly that “nobody knows what’s in it.”

Nugent, a supporter of ex-President Donald Trump, previously called the pandemic a scam and has railed against public health restrictions. He has repeated a narrative pushed by conservative media and disputed by health experts that suggests the official death count from the coronavirus is inflated.

Happy Eddie Murphy GIF by Laff
Goody goody

Vietnam defied the experts and sealed its border to keep Covid-19 out. It worked.
:clap:

https://www.vox.com/22346085/covid-19-vietnam-response-travel-restrictions

How the country has kept coronavirus deaths to just 35, and grew its economy in 2020.

Every January or February, Le The Linh and his wife pack their children into their car and drive 80 miles to visit family in Haiphong, a port city east of Vietnam’s capital, Hanoi, for Lunar New Year. But this time, as they reached the last stretch of the Hanoi-Haiphong Highway, a police officer approached and pointed them toward a group of guards in face masks under a makeshift tent. It was one of 16 checkpoints erected around Haiphong to control travel into and out of the city ahead of the Tet Festival holiday.

They joined a lineup of other travelers, nervously waiting for their turn in the rain. When they reached the front, the officials asked for proof of their travel plans, residency, and Covid-19 status.

“Don’t worry!” Linh exclaimed tensely. He could show, with his identity card, that they lived in an area that had no coronavirus cases recently.

India's second Covid wave hits like a 'tsunami' as hospitals buckle under weight
:read:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/21/india/india-covid-hospital-shortage-intl-hnk/index.html

New Delhi (CNN)Healthcare and other essential services across India are close to collapse as a second coronavirus wave that started in mid-March tears through the country with devastating speed.
Graveyards are running out of space, hospitals are turning away patients, and desperate families are pleading for help on social media for beds and medicine.
India reported 295,041 cases of coronavirus and 2,023 deaths Wednesday, its highest rise in cases and highest death increase recorded in a single day since the beginning of the pandemic, according to a CNN tally of figures from the Indian Ministry of Health.

"The volume is humongous," said Jalil Parkar, a senior pulmonary consultant at the Lilavati Hospital in Mumbai, which had to convert its lobby into an additional Covid ward. "It's just like a tsunami."

"Things are out of control," said Ramanan Laxminarayan, director of the Center for Disease Dynamics, Economics and Policy in New Delhi.

"There's no oxygen. A hospital bed is hard to find. It's impossible to get a test. You have to wait over a week. And pretty much every system that could break down in the health care system has broken down," he said.
To prove his point, at least 22 Covid-19 patients who were on ventilator support died Wednesday waiting for oxygen supplies that were lost in an accident, a senior official from the Nashik district in the Indian state of Maharashtra said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back