The NOISE TALKA's RETURN

Originally posted by Shake_em_Off
LMAO.......let me catch my breath......OMG....

How's the eye?

Man, ya'll bringing up some memories.
I remember somebody's eye being totally messed up!

Ooooooooooh Lawd, I'm having flashbacks. All I remember is being on the first row of trombones after the football team had dismantled ASU 40-0. We're just marching out heading for the buses when Alabama State, already out of the stadium, was all on the sidewalk talking much noise. Pop Duplessis asked the Alabama State director, or one of them, to move his folks back to prevent a confrontation after which he was basically told "F" you. I can still see it all so clear, less than 30 seconds later all we heard on the front row was a cymbal clash at the wrong time in the "Series". When we looked back all we say was about 200 or so white JSU plumes going forward and about 40 or 50 ASU plumes going backward in retreat. :D The azz kicking was already commencing. We left Alabama with ASU uniform parts, I think they had a snare drum and a baritone. I believe the school sent all of that back though. Of all the people that were hurt in the "fight", the only casualty from JSU was somebody got sprayed with mace by the police after everything was over. I know it shouldn't be funny when we as black folks fight, but that **** was funny, even Liddell had to laugh after he basically cussed us out on Monday. Even he said what you did was wrong, but you have a right to defend yourself. In other words if they didn't start no **** it wouldn't have been no ****. Soon after that the Boom has been surrounded by security and fights have drastically decreased. And that ends the story of the day the Boom layed the smack down on Alabama State.:lmao:

And what was bad, was that we knew it gonna be some mess.
First off, when we arrived at the stadium and was getting ready to get off the buses, ASU parked their buses right next to ours.
We knew right then that it was gonna be some mess. We already had beef with them in Chicago a year or so before that game in Alabama.

So, Doc knew what to do. ASU left the stadium FIRST after the 5th. Doc purposely made sure we waited 30 mins. after they left before we marched out, because he knew they were still parked by us.
We marched out the stadium on Get Ready... and the rest is history.

To take it even further, they were starting mess with us at the SWAC tournament the previous year which was held on ASU's campus I believe. They were always at our games talking much noise and even had their pep band play "against' our pep band for one of our games - the sad part was that it was against Valley if I remember right. They wanted a piece of the Boom so bad that they tried to blow on our pep band in support of another school. They kept on & kept on playing with that fire until they got roasted. Every since, they still talk noise, but they talk noise at a distance.:lmao:

I think we hurt DaYoungDon's feelings. He didn't know his band was a bunch of b**ches like that. LMAO. Got they arses straight drove. I remember seeing members of the BOOM with Alabama State shoulder cords. lmao.

Oh the memories...

I was there on the sidewalk waiting on the band to march out because it was my brother's freshman year in the Boom...

All I know is that after that cymbal crash, it was ON...I was told that an AlState band member walked through the percussion section...that's where it all started. Why you want to walk through a section w/drums and sticks I'll never know :lmao:

Originally posted by Red1
Oh the memories...

I was there on the sidewalk waiting on the band to march out because it was my brother's freshman year in the Boom...

All I know is that after that cymbal crash, it was ON...I was told that an AlState band member walked through the percussion section...that's where it all started. Why you want to walk through a section w/drums and sticks I'll never know :lmao:

After everything was over my mama even said the same thing. Why the hell would you start a fight with the biggest, meanest section in the band, while they have stick, mallets, & cymbals? Lawd, I know there was a whole lot of repenting going on when beatdown was being issued. Folks were fleeing the seen like Bernie Mac in Friday getting chased by that midget. They were leaving hats, uniform parts, instruments, and whatever else. None of that mattered. They just had to get away from that fire. :lmao:

None of this really should be funny. It's sad really. But I can't help it, that **** was funny. :D

Originally posted by jaydog
After everything was over my mama even said the same thing. Why the hell would you start a fight with the biggest, meanest section in the band, while they have stick, mallets, & cymbals?
None of this really should be funny. It's sad really. But I can't help it, that **** was funny. :D

You ain't lying!!
That's the worse section (and Tuba Dawgs at JSU) you would want to cross or try to walk through the ranks in! ... at least it was when we were in the band.

Originally posted by "NOISE TALKA"
*thinkin' back...imagining my dad bustin' somebody's fuggin skull for walkin through War & Thunder*

Aye man I got you beat. I'm imagining my dad whooping azz with the baritone section in '65. His section leader was none other than Alcorn's own Samuel Griffin. Dr. Lewis Liddell was also in the band at the same time. I can see my pops, Griff, & Doc throwin' dem bows.:lmao:

Originally posted by CriTAUcal
You ain't lying!!
That's the worse section (and Tuba Dawgs at JSU) you would want to cross or try to walk through the ranks in! ... at least it was when we were in the band.

Man, I still remember the percussion beating down that Que Dawg on the way to the practice field when he decided he just couldn't wait for the band to pass before he crossed the street. The real bad part was that he had to come to the band hall to apologize to us for getting his azz whooped. I guess at the time he must not have known that Paul I. Adams & Doc Magruder were some old school Ques.:D

Man, I still remember the percussion beating down that Que Dawg on the way to the practice field when he decided he just couldn't wait for the band to pass before he crossed the street. The real bad part was that he had to come to the band hall to apologize to us for getting his azz whooped. I guess at the time he must not have known that Paul I. Adams & Doc Magruder were some old school Ques.:D

:lmao: :lmao:
Boy, whatcha talking about??!!!
I remember that, too. His name is Gary!
I don't know what he was thinking, because he decided he wanted to do some kind of Que step. And seems like, fools always want to cut up around the percussion section. And what was really BAD was that his bruhs were sitting under the tree doing nothing and watching him take a beat down! :lmao:
Man, I still see that man around sometimes, and everytime I do... I can't help but laugh.
All you could see was drum mallets in the air and a body on the ground! :lol:

Boy, whatcha talking about??!!!
I remember that, too. His name is Gary!
I don't know what he was thinking, because he decided he wanted to do some kind of Que step. And seems like, fools always want to cut up around the percussion section. And what was really BAD was that his bruhs were sitting under the tree doing nothing and watching him take a beat down! :lmao:
Man, I still see that man around sometimes, and everytime I do... I can't help but laugh.
All you could see was drum mallets in the air and a body on the ground! :lol:

That was the funny part. The other Ques seemed to "look the other way" during this incident. They just watched. It was almost as if they said "your dum azz should have known better." Damn, now that I think about it, the Boom dished out quit a few beatdowns during our time. :D We still didn't mention that dude in Memphis at the Southern Heritage Classic that was drunk and punched one of the Tuba Dawgs in the jaw............only to fall his drunk azz directly into the percussion section. Oh my damn...............he got a combination azz whooping, the Tuba Dawgs & WT. I saw cats jumping off rows two or three rows up dropping elbows like the WWF.............then the Boom went on the field to perform a hellacious half-time show....as if nothing ever happened. :p The best thing ever happened was when they put more security around the Boom. Their were too many heads getting cracked. Anybody notice Alabama State hasn't had any more comments in a while.:lmao: It is getting kinda quiet.

That was the funny part. The other Ques seemed to "look the other way" during this incident. They just watched. It was almost as if they said "your dum azz should have known better." Damn, now that I think about it, the Boom dished out quit a few beatdowns during our time. :D We still didn't mention that dude in Memphis at the Southern Heritage Classic that was drunk and punched one of the Tuba Dawgs in the jaw............only to fall his drunk azz directly into the percussion section. Oh my damn...............he got a combination azz whooping, the Tuba Dawgs & WT. I saw cats jumping off rows two or three rows up dropping elbows like the WWF.............then the Boom went on the field to perform a hellacious half-time show....as if nothing ever happened. :p The best thing ever happened was when they put more security around the Boom. Their were too many heads getting cracked. Anybody notice Alabama State hasn't had any more comments in a while.:lmao: It is getting kinda quiet.

*gasping for air*
Boy, I'm over crying at my desk laughing so hard. And to this day, I don't see security around a marching band, like I do with the Boom.
Man, we were a family...
I don't know how the Boom is nowadays...

Speaking of performing as if nothing ever happened... Man, what about the year we had that bus accident? I was on Bus 2. People didn't think we were gonna show up. But we made it there and performed, like we had a smooth trip into Memphis! :)

*gasping for air*
Boy, I'm over crying at my desk laughing so hard. And to this day, I don't see security around a marching band, like I do with the Boom.
Man, we were a family...
I don't know how the Boom is nowadays...

Speaking of performing as if nothing ever happened... Man, what about the year we had that bus accident? I was on Bus 2. People didn't think we were gonna show up. But we made it there and performed, like we had a smooth trip into Memphis! :)

Do I remember? I still have a small scar on my lip from where my lip hit the seat of the chair in front of me.:redhot: All I know is that we were watching a movie and I was looking up at the TV directly over my head. I heard a scream from the front of the bus & wham..........my head hit that chair, lip first.:dizzy: Blood was everywhere. But the paramedics put something on there that stung like hell and you boy went on to perform in his spot. I will say that I was truly a horn-holder that show. You can't play with a swollen, cut up lip. People were sore all over but still did the show. My dumb azz should have went to the hospital though. The people that went actually got settlements from the bus company, as much as $500 if I remember right. My dumb azz was trying to be tough.

Callin you out !!!!

Originally posted by "NOISE TALKA"
I've decided to do a lil' more posting over here. Recognize the return of a SWACPAGE legend. lol. *********.com is my new home, but I guess i'll start back posting over here from time to time. ;)
NOISE TALKA returns to the-who gives a lovely!!!!!!

Back