The NAACP.....Is It Really Working?

Dr. Sweet NUPE

Is the NAACP really working toward assisting African Americans or has it turned into just another political organization with the leaders personal agendas as the primary focus? For example they are so quick to jump on states that fly the rebel flag but there are many more issues that strongly affect african americans.

Originally posted by Dr. Sweet NUPE
For example they are so quick to jump on states that fly the rebel flag but there are many more issues that strongly affect african americans.
Is the confederate flag debate the only item on the NAACP agenda? :confused:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I Wonder WHAT the Agenda Is

Originally posted by mighty hornet

I'm not for sure WHAT the agenda is.....eventhough the names tells it all I'm still in the dark as to what they are doing. :confused:

If you're not sure what the agenda is, how do you know they're not addressing those "issues that strongly afffect african americans."

First of all, let me state that I am a current member of the Jackson/Hinds county chapter. I am not active anymore because, I got tired of all the infighting and ignorance that was and is still going on. It seems that their only agenda is to support G.O.T.V. when election time comes. All those old fossils want to do is sit around and talk about who did'nt march during the 60's and when Jessie Jackson is coming to town again. It seems that every answer that they have to a question or concern that anyone under 35 brings up is.......

"Well you did'nt march during the 60's so what do you know about the struggle?"

And I'm like.......

"Well since you don't know how to use Quicken because it was'nt around during the 60's while you were marching....I suggest that you allow someone that is computer literate to manage the audit trail of the money that you are receiving for G.O.T.V. from the Democratic party so that your organization will not lose it's "Tax Exempt Status"!!

If you're not sure what the agenda is, how do you know they're not addressing those "issues that strongly afffect african americans."

As member of the NAACP....the least the leadership could do is specify what the direction the NAACP is going. :rolleyes:

I have been inactive for years, because of the infighting, backbiting and down right stupidity. There was two cases in Nashville 4-5 years ago.

A aa man was roughed up by the police. He ask the organizaion to help him. The first thing they ask him "are you a member of the organization?" He said no, and they refused to assist him.

The second person, was not a member. But, they assisted her, because she was related to some HNIC.

After I saw their attitude toward certain citizenzs, I never renewed my membership.

The organization her cater more to the man, rather than assisting those that need help.

Re: Re: The NAACP.....Is It Really Working?

One can also add the issue of Blacks in TV (in front of and behind the camera). Nevertheless, that is a good question.

G.O.T.V is an acronym for get out the vote. The NAACP receives money from the federal govt. to stimulate the black community to register and vote in local elections. Many indivduals consider this as a means of the Democratic to sway black votes by utilizing the NAACP. Although I am a conservative I feel that something must be done to increase our voting numbers....whether or not the NAACP is the best vehicle to achieve this is debatable. I just support any endeavor to increase our voting percentages.

Back