THE LIES ABOUT 'LYE' AND OTHER TOXIC COSMETICS MARKETED TO BLACK WOMEN

MetroPhillyTiger

http://www.newsweek.com/2017/03/03/...-products-aimed-african-americans-559710.html
Deborah Cutkelvin, a hairstylist in Brooklyn, always keeps the contact information for her dermatologist on-hand. She does it for her clients—over the years, she’s seen more than her share of distraught women complain of hair loss, as well as scalps that need medical attention rather than a touch-up. The doctor often treats her clients for alopecia that’s a result of lifetimes of abuse—braiding, ironing and relaxing hair with gallons of lotions and creams that contain more chemicals than a plumber might use in a month of unclogging drains.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Red dye was lauded as a huge carcinogen...and was in lipstick. This is actually not news. This is why they worked so hard to get animal testing stopped...BUT as you can see it is still needed. And these additives aren't limited to black women's products, they are in a LOT of products for both sexes, please don't be fooled by one person's pet peeve article. It's something negative in everything INCLUDING air and water. Use in moderation, listen to your body and use common sense...nothing else to do.

Red dye was lauded as a huge carcinogen...and was in lipstick. This is actually not news. This is why they worked so hard to get animal testing stopped...BUT as you can see it is still needed. And these additives aren't limited to black women's products, they are in a LOT of products for both sexes, please don't be fooled by one person's pet peeve article. It's something negative in everything INCLUDING air and water. Use in moderation, listen to your body and use common sense...nothing else to do.
I am sure these fools out there painting on beards are in danger of some isht too..

I remember when eating turkey necks and kale was poor folks food. Now it's life saving food. Lol Folks been eating puzzy since a woman was naked now they say eating puzzy gives you cancer. Lol

But air and water are essential to sustain life. I'm not sure of what the physiological benefit would be of using chemicals in beauty products in moderation.

But air and water are essential to sustain life. I'm not sure of what the physiological benefit would be of using chemicals in beauty products in moderation.
If it is a manmade product, it has something in it that is harmful--soap, shampoo, lotion, etc. There will be a component that has the potential to cause injury in sufficient amounts. Nothing is immune to that...including air and water.

When I was a youngin, my mother put all types of chemcials in my head to try and calm down my naps... Looking back, I wish she would have just cut my head bald at 2 years old and called it a day. As soon I got out of high school I shaved my head and never looked back.

If I have son. He getting bald fades until he is old enough to decide for himself and I will suggest he considering going bald and making his way to the weightroom.

If it is a manmade product, it has something in it that is harmful--soap, shampoo, lotion, etc. There will be a component that has the potential to cause injury in sufficient amounts. Nothing is immune to that...including air and water.
Some years back when Lever 2000 came out I tried it. I accidentally got some in my eye and my entire face swelled up. I was PISSED. Threw that crap in the trash as SOON as I could.

Back