The kidnapper calling from his daughter's iPhone demanded money or she would die. It was all a scam

Olde Hornet

The name on his iPhone showed an incoming call from Walker’s daughter, Rachel, but the voice coming out when he answered was that of a manic, excitable man screaming demands for cash and threatening violence. He appeared to have his daughter and her phone.
“He says he’s going to kill my daughter unless I get him $1,000 fast,” Walker, 57, of Noblesville, Indiana, said. “This sudden confusion flushes over you. I knew she was on her way to school to pick up the twins. Could something have happened on the way? I’m thinking a lot of things at once.”
The call lasted two minutes with the man ranting and raving the whole time. He demanded that Walker go to Walmart and send a money gram for $1,000.
But after about 30 seconds Walker, a private investigator, was able to slow his heart beat and gather his bearings. He asked to talk to his 34-year-old daughter, and the man refused.
“That was the first red flag,” Walker said. Then he had his wife call his daughter from another phone. She promptly answered.

Back