The Joker: Jared Leto or Heath Ledger

The Founder

Which do think is the better one. I think Jared Leto is bringing another type madness to the character with a stronger comic book perspective.

The best Joker, in my humble opinion, was Jack Nicholson. The Jokers, that were played by Jared Leto and Heath Ledger, took themselves way to serious.

Last edited:
In this discussion I'd give it to Heath. Jared's portrayal looked more like a skinny green haired Ryuk from Death Note.
Now having said that I agree with TSU/BAMA Jack Nicholson's joker was the best of the three.
As for DiCaprio playing Joker, I don't see it.

I'm reading rumors about Leonardo DiCaprio may take on the role in a Joker origin story that's directed by Martin Scorsese.

DiCaprio is embracing the bad guy roles. He is going to be H H Holmes and now this...he is good at stretching himself. He said he was tired of playing good guys for fear of getting type cast.

The best Joker, in my humble opinion, was Jack Nicholson. The Jokers, that were played Jared Leto and Heath Ledger, took themselves way to serious.

Jack's Joker was the crazy and unpredictable lunatic. Jack was the best.
smiliepopcorn.gif

As I look back at the post I think Jared's joker will need time to develop. Heath Ledger's Joker was a dark character similar to the movie. Jack Nicholson's joker fit the Batman genre at that time. I think it's 3 different forms of the Batman movies which brings 3 different Jokers.

Back