The Ivy League has a plan in place...is showing how it should be done

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
There's no use to hanging on "for dear life" to the major changes one school or conference will enact for football. It's almost like the damn sport is a religion in these parts. Oh, wait...

But I digress...

It doesn't make sense to wait until the last possible minute to make an announcement. The sooner your fanbase has to adjust to a new normal, the better off things will be in the long run. More time to fundraise and find as many revenue sources one can to offset any loss of student fee revenue, or ticket revenue, or game guarantees.

There's no use to hanging on "for dear life" to the major changes one school or conference will enact for football. It's almost like the damn sport is a religion in these parts. Oh, wait...
I've been saying for the longest how I hate to look at this from a red state vs. blue state perspective, but every time stuff like this surfaces, I can't help but look at this from a red state vs. blue state perspective.

I can't be mad at dem damn Yankees!

Also, you cant start that late and still have playoffs, bowl games, etc....

As for someone like me, I would LOVE it. if it moved to the Spring maybe starting early to mid Feb. It would/should definitely increase bball and baseball attendance with move people being home on those weekends.

Also, you cant start that late and still have playoffs, bowl games, etc....

As for someone like me, I would LOVE it. if it moved to the Spring maybe starting early to mid Feb. It would/should definitely increase bball and baseball attendance with move people being home on those weekends.

That the thing... WE don't NEED playoffs or bowl games this year. Hell, we don't even need to be playing sports at all until this time next year at the earliest. But, you know, capitalism...

The college basketball world did.

No they didn't. The college football world went the way of the NBA and the way of the health experts. The Ivy League was first but stopping the season was inevitable and everyone did it in their own time not because of some Ivy League. No one thinks back to the shut down and says "Ivy League led the way". Well two or three of yall might but that's a different topic.

But I digress...

It doesn't make sense to wait until the last possible minute to make an announcement. The sooner your fanbase has to adjust to a new normal, the better off things will be in the long run. More time to fundraise and find as many revenue sources one can to offset any loss of student fee revenue, or ticket revenue, or game guarantees.

Well lets hope for a vaccine by the end of the year. BUT soon, everyone will have/had it anyway so will it even matter?

Yes man. You don’t have immunity for this after you get it one time, as previously believed.

Well in my non-expert opinion, ....lol there has not been any major reports or people catching it twice and this new study on loss of immunity is still very new. If those people were asymptomatic with NO antibodies, im sure they will likely also be asymptomatic with a small amount of antibodies.

Im not advocating football. Im not going to a SINGLE game but those who chose to go and for those players who choose to play shouldnt be subjected to false narratives.

Well in my non-expert opinion, ....lol there has not been any major reports or people catching it twice and this new study on loss of immunity is still very new. If those people were asymptomatic with NO antibodies, im sure they will likely also be asymptomatic with a small amount of antibodies.

Im not advocating football. Im not going to a SINGLE game but those who chose to go and for those players who choose to play shouldnt be subjected to false narratives.
fugue that Im at every game.... I go to travel softball games now with up to 50 teams in tournaments with NOBODY but the few Blacks there having on mask. Thats over 1000 kids in a tight ballpark.... If I can do that now, then its nothing to go to a football game an isolate myself in a corner.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
The Ivy League was first but stopping the season was inevitable and everyone did it in their own time not because of some Ivy League. No one thinks back to the shut down and says "Ivy League led the way". Well two or three of yall might but that's a different topic.
Just because no one things back to give the Ivy League credit still doesn't mean it didn't happen. You just indicated that it did. (LOL)

Just because no one things back to give the Ivy League credit still doesn't mean it didn't happen. You just indicated that it did. (LOL)

That's really revising history to say they influenced it tho. That's like saying HBCUs will follow Morehouse. Is GSU watching what Morehouse is doing? In the case of the Ivy League, the country was shutting down anyway. That's why everyone shut down BUT we not gonna sit here and act like everything wasnt cool until the NBA shut down. Once the NBA shut down, it got real!

But I wont spoil yall Ivy League story.

fugue that Im at every game.... I go to travel softball games now with up to 50 teams in tournaments with NOBODY but the few Blacks there having on mask. Thats over 1000 kids in a tight ballpark.... If I can do that now, then its nothing to go to a football game an isolate myself in a corner.

I might feel different if I was in MS or even in the south but I aint getting on no plane mane! LOL

Whatever the ivy league president do the powers that be in bigger conferences and leagues will follow pursuit.

The Ivy League has decided to put all of their sporting events on hold that would be played during the Fall 2020 semester.
Could more Division 1 Conferences like the SWAC or MEAC make similar decisions in the future?

Here's the full story:

NOBODY is going to follow the Ivy League. Just because someone does something first does not mean others are following them. Everyone is making their own decision on this...just as they did with basketball.

Back