THE good, THE BAD AND UGLY of BET's 1st Award Show

JSU*Toi

The good:

EVE's coming on stage with a Sixers Jersey :D

THE BAD

DC's performance, and there thank you speech. :rolleyes:

The Best Male Group: How are you going to put rap and r&b in the same catagory:rolleyes:

Bob Johnsons suit :confused:

Jodeci: are they on drugs?

and now

THE UGLY

Whithney's dress and hair

Traci Breigham(sp) dress

Shaq's outfit:confused:

That dude from 106 & Park :confused: :bawling: :confused:

DC's dresses

Eve's outfit :confused:

More to come as I wake up.

The Funny:

Eve accepting her awards, with those 6xer Jersey's, while standing next to Shaq.

Makhi Phifer (sp), saying My *igga to Jay Z, as he walked off the stage, while the Mic was still on.

NICE

Re: Re: THE good, THE BAD AND UGLY of BET's 1st Award Show

Originally posted by gramalum

I was thinking the same thing!

I was thinking that about Whitney Houston!!!!!She was acting like she was buzzing!!!!Bobby Brown Hip Hop King!!!!!LMAO!!!

Robert Downey Jr. send help!!!

HOME COME CHRISTINA SUNG WHITNEY'S SONG BETTER THAN WHITNEY DID.

I LIKE THE PATTI AND DONNIE COMBO.

WAS IT ME OR WAS CED AND STEVE KEPT TRYING TO SAY THINGS AT THE SAME TIME? THEY WERE FUNNY THOUGH.

LIL BOW WOW LOOK LIKE AN UGLY LIL GIRL.

LUDACRIS LOOKED LIKE LIL BOW WOW STANDING NEXT TO SHAQ.

SHAQ SHOULD HAVE PIMPED SLAPPED EVE FOR THAT SIXER THANG.

SISQO, DONNIE MCCLURKIN, AND LUTHER HAVE A SIMILIAR DEMEANOR

I decided to miss the show but do have a few questions.

Originally posted by SexyASSJSU*ATL

THE BAD

DC's performance, and there thank you speech. :rolleyes:

Did the crowd boo them?

Originally posted by SexyASSJSU*ATL

The Best Male Group: How are you going to put rap and r&b in the same catagory:rolleyes:

What is happening? That is a good question. Someone at BET does not know what they are doing. It seems like the folks at BET need a lot more help than I thought they did.

Re: Re: Re: THE good, THE BAD AND UGLY of BET's 1st Award Show

Originally posted by MACBFAC

I was thinking that about Whitney Houston!!!!!She was acting like she was buzzing!!!!Bobby Brown Hip Hop King!!!!!LMAO!!!

Robert Downey Jr. send help!!!
Yeah
Whitney sound horrible! She couldn't hit the notes to "I will always love you' and on top of she had that girl (Shakira)finish the song for her.

Whitney's ass sucked....and she was high as a kite....SMH

The best part of the awards was Ced and Steve.:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Dtown Jag
Whitney's ass sucked....and she was high as a kite....SMH
Well, she did say that she was "full".

However, the show was okay. I enjoyed Jay'Z's performance. Mary's outfit was horrible and her wig looked a mess. :rolleyes: :p

Now Roy Jones, Jr.....all I have to say is THAT MAN IS HANDSOME AND FIONE. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Destiny's Child definately didn't do bad this time. I didn't see all of the NBA performance, but I saw this one. They did very well. This is pure hate. Their dresses after the performance were whack, though.

Jay-Z's new song sounds pretty tight.

The grouping of rap and r&b was different, but Billboard does it the same way.

The hosts were funny as "L", especially Cedric.

BET needs to fire the guy in charge of lip sinc-ing the sound and video. The video was about a half-second ahead of the sound.

Ok get off Whitney...

Now I know the dress was ugly.

But if any of you were true Whitney fans you would know that she was told before her last cd to stop hitting the high notes and they also told her to stop singing for a while she has strained her voice from singing. So leave my girl alone.

First off,

I don't usually watch award shows, but I was pretty much forced to watch it last night (don't ask-LOL)

Whitney, Whitney, Whitney--I agree High as a dayum kite. That "acceptance speech" was funny as L. When somebody from the audience yelled something, she yelled back "You betta lay low!!!". When she sung that song 'I Will Always Love You' she didn't even attempt to try to hold any notes. Luther Vandross doesn't sound anything like he used to.

Patti Labelle should have kept her fake ass in the back somewhere. She added absolutely nothing to that song by McClurkin.

Great performances by Outkast and Christina Aguilera (she is sexy)

Sisquo needs to sit his lame ass down somewhere.

The sound was horrible for just about everybody.

<font size=8> The GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!</font>

- Ced and Steve......especially the joke about Destiny Child being on the latest cover of Watchtower Magazine lol:emlaugh:

- Mary J Blige......the outfit was very sexy!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

- OUTKAST......they represented the Durtyyyyyyy South!!!! and then had the whole stage lookin So Fresh and So Clean Clean!!!!.......
pimp2.jpg

Leave Whitney alone?

Tell Whitney to leave the DRUGS alone! I wasn't even in the room and could tell she was sounding bad. High notes or not, she did not sound like the Whitney singing with Jermaine Jackson back in the day ... and if she refers to her husband as the king of hip hop one mo 'gin ... UGH!

BET's 1st Awards Show

I'll start with the few things I appreciated.....

The Good Stuff.....
Steve & Ced :p

Eve excepting her award w/ the 76'ers jersy in hand while standing next to Shaq.
(I'm a die hard Laker Fan, but that was pure comedy, Philly represented!)

OutKast's playerific performance. :)bawling: That was just beautiful!)

*Note: Christina did a very good rendition of Whitney's song. Patti and Whitney better watch out this little girl may start remaking everybody.... lol

My Questions:
Who dressed Mary J, and are they blind?

Did every performer have to flood the stage with Michael Jackson moves?
(Destiny's Child, Usher, Sisqo)

Why did everyone pretend like Bob Johnson still runs things at BET?

How did Outkast and 112 end up in the same category?

Serious Question:
The only American artform is Jazz, pioneered by my people;
Why were their No Jazz awards?

The Whitney Questions:confused:
Why can't she hit the notes to her own songs anymore?:splat:
Why was the "King of R&B" (LOL :emlaugh: ) not there?
(As if?, and that's all I'm going to say.....as if?)

I was so disappointed in her! :mad:

Whitney called Bobby "the king of R & B". That's even more foolish than calling him the king of Hip Hop.

Where was the one-album wonder anyway? I didn't see him in the audience.

Was it me or did Whitney's mother look quite perplexed at her???

Regards.

I cant believe nobody commented on what DRE of OUTKAST had on... somebody PLEASEEEE post the picture if you can find it. When they accepted the award he had ANOTHER one of his crazy outfits on.

WHITNEY'S MOM WAS TACKY AS HELL.

HER LIL GIRL LOOKED TOO MUCH LIKE BOBBY

BOBBY WAS SUPPOSE TO COME OUT, BUT HE WAS THE "KING" SO HE DIDN'T HAVE TO.

Whitney---:confused: "youuuuu betta lay low" . I was disappointed with her performance as I spoke with my Mom on the phone while watching Whitney. KING? Please! This girl was on crack on syrup! I hope she gets it together!

Luther--good, but not OLD Luther. This time his weight loss looks good on him. He doesn't look cracked out. His suit reminds me of one my Dad wore in 1981. SHINY. I guess it is making a come back.

Mary J. Blige--:confused:

LIL Bow Wow-- I need some hair growth tips from his stylist! ***snicker***

Shaquille--At his height, I did not agree with the verticle pin stripes. And he loves throwing up the Q. :D

Eve--Go girl! Hee hee! 76ers!

Patti & Donnie: When she actually sang instead of acting like a board and belting out notes, I liked them together. I don't like to here her simply belt out single notes. I actually like to hear her SING... Overall, I liked it.

Fortissimo: what kind of characteristics are those?

I missed the first portion of the show so I can't comment on some.

LOL, when Whitney said that I justed screamed. She needs some help. Overall the show was aiight.

Originally posted by Ms. Jag4Jag
Whitney---:confused: "youuuuu betta lay low" . I was disappointed with her performance ...

Back