The Firm!

MikeBigg

Some of you got the chance to witness it in person. Others were simply blessed to see it on television. Regardless, I'm sure you were awed and amazed at the GREAT defense played by the GSU Tigers this past weekend. We were totally awesome and dominant as we completely shut down the bullpups!

While hesitant to single out any particular unit, clearly we must recognize that this great defense of ours is spearheaded by our linebacking corp, known as THE FIRM! Taylor, Dukes, & Robinson were all over the field meted out punishment and prosecuting any would be ball carriers for the bulldogs. Kudos to Mr. Dukes for his selection as SWAC Defensive POW honors!

We also like to inform that the FIRM has a junior partner in the person of Mr. Kalvin Pearson who serves as our strong safety. On occassion, Mr. Pearson moves to the linebacking position and performs admirably in this capacity. Another example of our GREATNESS. Not only do we have the best defense in the conference, we have the 4 best linebackers as well...even if one is not really a linebacker. Dayum, yall in trouble!!!

Originally posted by SAME OLD G
Go Valley!!!

I almost forgot...thanks "G"...

That's right, let's go Valley. Remember, I decided prior to the season that I would cheer for you to make the SCG. I predicted that the season would be a cakewalk for us...it has! Therefore to break the boredom, I would occassionally post as a Valley Devil in order to break the monotony. Also meeting you in the SCG would allow us to complete our perfect 12-0 record against all SWAC schools. But don't worry about that...you have nothing to do but beat the hogpound this week and take care of those other two sippi schools later on. Bama jelly won't be no trouble, they are still hooked on phonics! See ya in B'ham!

Words to live by

Grambling held Alabama A&M to 195 total yards. That included just 30 yards in the first half when Alabama A&M's four drives resulted in three plays and out three times and a turnover on downs.

The defensive effort, which included nine tackles for losses, was sparked by linebackers Terrance Dukes (11 tackles, 2 for losses) and Robert Taylor (10 tackles, fumble recovery), and defensive lineman Willie Gray (6 tackles, 3 for losses).

"We shut 'em down from start to finish,'' Gray said.

:rolleyes: :idea:

Back