The end of an era in the NBA for "Inside the NBA"

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
There might be an opportunity for another one of the NBA broadcast partners to create a similar show around the current ensemble. If I'm ESPN, I offer all four of them all the money to come over like they did with Buck and Aikman. That property is just too valuable, I think, to the interest and popularity of the game for it to just go away.

Last edited:
There might be an opportunity for another one of the NBA broadcast partners to create a similar show around the current ensemble. If I'm ESPN, I offer all four of them all the money to come over like they did with Buck and Aikman. That property is just too valuable, I think, to the interest and popularity of the game for it to just go away.

Ernie is 67 and a Turner loyalist so ESPN pretty much would have to cater to him by allowing them to shoot the show in Atlanta. Charles is on record saying he won't do the show without Ernie so whatever entity wants them has to cater to him and let them do the show how they want to (something ESPN doesn't do)

watching the NBA won't be the same especially on a Thursday night...Inside the NBA on TNT was a staple...these guys made it fun with their commentary...no more Gone Fishin, Shaq n fool and pranks through out the show...

Ernie is 67 and a Turner loyalist so ESPN pretty much would have to cater to him by allowing them to shoot the show in Atlanta. Charles is on record saying he won't do the show without Ernie so whatever entity wants them has to cater to him and let them do the show how they want to (something ESPN doesn't do)
Well, ESPN already shoots NBA studio shows in NY and LA, so producing one in ATL should be no problem.

Back