The downfall of Craig James: "You create your own karma"

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Craig was one of my numerous idols when I began my jr hs athletics career.

Met him once, during that time, through an older first cousin who played against him in the then AAAAA hs playoffs. Cuz would go on to star at txa&m offensively at rb and Craig went to smu, along w/ another rb I met through another cousin at a track meet earlier in the spring in bellville, tx who ran for sealey hs. A big tall lanky dude w/ gerri curl lol who stood eye to eye w/ older cousin, built rock solid like older cousin, but slightly smaller and MUCH faster than cuz (RIH :( ) who was an OT lol, as they and others ran the 100 yd dash and 220 yd dash lol. I followed smu football like I followed OU under Switzer, univXichigan under Schembechler, TOSU under Hayes, uofh under Yeoman, and *gulp* baylor under Teaff. A LOT of my older cousins played for those schools as they raided our area/family annually for talent.

I became and remained a loyally quiet lol good fan of NE Patriots football because of Craig and what he brought to their team. Growing up in then rich houston oiler and dallas cowboy territory of texas, it says a lot when a native young kid ignores the local pro squads w/ earl cambell, dorsett, staubach lol :D . Craig’s evolution to commit to his faith isn’t abnormal, imho, for those who matriculated in our area. Nor was his desire to receive that german sports car from boosters during his freshman yr at smu lol :D lol. :D There was a bunch of “stuff” going on back in the day :D .

Last edited:
Back